PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Terry Glenn got disciplined for getting a ticket for not turning on his turn signal?

It had nothing to do with the allegations of Brittany Taylor.
Taylor was suing Brown. Klemko then did the totally reasonable thing of wondering “I wonder if anyone else has sued Brown? And if so, for what?” and then did the legwork to find out. Hate on the guy all you want, but that’s just doing his job.

Completely agree. I mean imagine if we did the same with Gordon. He wouldn’t be on the team this season then. It’s nonsense.
Unlike Brown, Gordon isn’t a known nutcase who is a serial shoot-his-way-out-of-towner. Unlike Brown, Gordon doesn’t livestream team meetings on social media, etc.

Equating the two of them is idiotic.

He went from crazy to batshit crazy.

I’ve been saying that since the day we found out about the suit.
Obviously none of know what truly happened and if he didn't want to pay her out of principle or that he was just trying to call her bluff about going forward with the lawsuit but I have to feel like he has lost way more than two million dollars. He indirectly lost nine million from the Patriots due to the circus the lawsuit caused. He lost his Nike endorsement. He lost that helmet company endorsement (which to be honest I am not fully sure was all about the lawsuit). Now he is out of the league, at least for the time being and his reputation is at an all time low.

Unlike Brown, Gordon isn’t a known nutcase who is a serial shoot-his-way-out-of-towner. Unlike Brown, Gordon doesn’t livestream team meetings on social media, etc.

Agreed and it is an insult to Gordon. Gordon's actions have been self destructive while Brown apparently treats everyone around him like crap and potentially raped someone and is accused of being inappropriate to another woman as well.

Taylor was suing Brown. Klemko then did the totally reasonable thing of wondering “I wonder if anyone else has sued Brown? And if so, for what?” and then did the legwork to find out. Hate on the guy all you want, but that’s just doing his job.

It was a hit piece if i ever saw one. The guy’s not a saint but he probably thought it would be over and not be published on the magazine. He probably thinks she got paid as well. I can see why he would come back at her. Again some see it was a threat and some don’t

And what if he doesn’t?
What are you talking about? He’s basically on the exempt list right now, since no team will touch him, which is even worse for him because he’s not getting paid. It’s already happened.

Why would you ever think that Goodell is going to quietly sweep a series of sexual misconduct instances under the rug? They’re going to shake every tree and look under every rock. How about rape? That’s some pretty serious stuff. He’s not getting off scot free from all of that. That’s not even bringing up the possibility that he’ll get something for the threatening texts and/or throwing a bunch of furniture from the balcony where he almost hit a bunch of people standing below, including a child.

Last edited:
Dude is nuts. We don’t need him.

We were fine before him. We’ll be fine after him. He’s a walking fuse waiting to be lit. Not worth it. Move on.

What are you talking about? He’s basically on the exempt list right now, since no team will touch him, which is even worse for him because he’s not getting paid. It’s already happened.

Why would you ever think that Goodell is going to quietly sweep a series of sexual misconduct instances under the rug? They’re going to shake every tree and look under every rock. How about rape? That’s some pretty serious stuff. He’s not getting off scot free from all of that. That’s not even bringing up the possibility that he’ll get something for the threatening texts and/or throwing a bunch of furniture from the balcony where he almost hit a bunch of people standing below, including a child.

Are you a new fan who hasn’t really followed the sport too closely? Do you somehow think that all of this is part of some type of conspiracy against Antonio Brown? How on earth do you think he’ll be immune from his actions and any potential punishment? That doesn’t even make sense, let alone your idea of him returning here, where he has to battle for his money from last time, and left town guns blazing against the owner of the team.

Allegations. There’s a thing called evidence in this country. Ben Roethlisberger played when he was accused of rape but that was civil. Frankly i don’t believe all this stuff brown accused off. I still stand that britney taylor looks like a money grab. Everyone has an opinion when it comes to the text with the painter.

The question was a “one mistake and you’re out” which I called idiotic. The comparison was in context IF we had applies the same policy to Gordon which we clearly didn’t, since that policy doesn’t make sense.

Are you a new fan who hasn’t really followed the sport too closely? Do you somehow think that all of this is part of some type of conspiracy against Antonio Brown? How on earth do you think he’ll be immune from his actions and any potential punishment? That doesn’t even make sense, let alone your idea of him returning here, where he has to battle for his money from last time, and left town guns blazing against the owner of the team.

No I am not a new fan.

I am assuming the NFL investigation eventually ends. But you’re right, it could continue till the sun runs out of fuel, expands into a red giant, and gobbles the Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents