PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also
Here’s what Brown left behind.

A bummed-out quarterback who had five practices and one game with an ultra-rare talent. He went all-in trying to make it work, got close to Brown and tried to understand and help him. He’s not happy Brown got flushed both because the football was going to be sublime and Brady thought Brown was reachable.

I was told the practice performance of Brady when Brown was on the field was almost perfect. There were more than a half-dozen plays Brown made that were breathtaking. He was beyond anything Brady ever worked with.

Curran basically says Kraft forced the issue:

Taking stock of damage left by Antonio Brown

What it comes down to me is that they brought AB in on a one-strike policy. He wasn't able to keep himself out of controversy for even a week. There is only one person to blame for how things went and that is AB.

Of course BB and especially Brady will not be happy with the decision. But at the same time AB could have just tried to lay low and let everything that was brewing pass by. He was in the perfect place for that. But that is just not who he is right now.

I sincerely hope AB posts his college term papers on line, especially his English course papers.

“Juliet: Romeo’s Money Grabbin Ho”

BB and Brady wanted to keep AB on the team; Kraft didn’t. Pretty simple. It’s obvious. End of story.

If we don't win the SB, BB might say that's it for me.

I'd take anything Curran says at this point with an enormous grain of salt. He's morphed into an dedicated troll over the past couple of years. I'd sad actually, because he used to be good.

Except this time, he's spot on.

T-minus 10...

What it comes down to me is that they brought AB in on a one-strike policy. He wasn't able to keep himself out of controversy for even a week. There is only one person to blame for how things went and that is AB.

Of course BB and especially Brady will not be happy with the decision. But at the same time AB could have just tried to lay low and let everything that was brewing pass by. He was in the perfect place for that. But that is just not who he is right now.

Is one strike and you're out, a fair policy?

Keep in mind AB's very rough childhood and the way he was raised.

And also keep in mind, the fact that neither Pittsburgh or LA sought to correct his behavior. They were only concerned with on-field results. So in fact, they enabled his behavior.

And finally when he came to an extremely professional, structured team full of role models, he by all appearances and reports, was really working his ass off to assimilate himself into the team culture, in a completely different environment.

You cannot undo 30 years of bad habit in one week.

I'd take anything Curran says at this point with an enormous grain of salt. He's morphed into an dedicated troll over the past couple of years. I'd sad actually, because he used to be good.
Funny how that happens when a couple of articles with negative connotations come out.

The real joke is if Brittany Taylor loses and Brown gets cleared off all this.

The real joke is if Brittany Taylor loses and Brown gets cleared off all this.

One piece of a very large puzzle.

She wasn't even the person he texted that resulted in him being cut.

Hardly the end-all-be-all.

One piece of a very large puzzle.

She wasn't even the person he texted that resulted in him being cut.

Hardly the end-all-be-all.
But it started the digging by Klemko of irrelevant sh**.

even if he gets cleared it will take months and even then he will remain a distraction to teams.

Why was the stuff Klemko turned up irrelevant?

Maybe nothing worthy of cutting Brown for, but the texts in the aftermath apparently were and those were entirely Brown's own fault.

Eh ... Antonio Brown.

3266_.jpg

Why was the stuff Klemko turned up irrelevant?
It had nothing to do with the allegations of Brittany Taylor.

Maybe nothing worthy of cutting Brown for, but the texts in the aftermath apparently were and those were entirely Brown's own fault.
Meanwhile, Tyrek Hill is still a Chief. He told the Mother of his child that she and their son should be afraid of him. Nobody cares.

Brady and Belichick just want to win. From everything we’ve seen Brown was a good teammate and a hard worker for the little time he was here. The only drama was the media and Bill and Brady just brushed it off. I can see Kraft thinking about the brand as a whole and the potential bad PR and stepping in to put an end to it.

I can see Kraft thinking about the brand as a whole and the potential bad PR and stepping in to put an end to it.
I keep seeing the “brand” excuse on here but their brand has been tarnished since 2007. No matter how much they win, no matter how lame the allegations were, they are still labeled “cheaters”. Kraft’s offseason incident didn’t help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents