PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect texts to someone who just assailed your character in a National magazine article to be negative, wouldn’t you?
Exactly!
I think he's an idiot to put it in print, but I know I would defend my public image.

Just not so intimidating, all over social media.

Why not? A classic part of civil litigation is doing stuff to put pressure on the other side. This is old hat.

Not only that--she did take him to civil court. This is how SI found out about it! His argument is circular. He's complaining that she didn't take him to cvil court, when the only reason we even know about her is that she DID take him to civil court!!!!!

His conduct clause doesn’t say “any conduct good or bad that we decide to invoke”

There is no way on earth that sending perfectly legal texts that someone decides to publish and misrepresent to create hysteria qualifies as detrimental conduct.
If it did the nfl could suspend people for bad haircuts.

Perfectly legal and extremely stupid/immoral are not mutually exclusive concepts.

What Brown sent via text may have been perfectly legal, but that doesn't make it not extremely stupid or immoral/unethical.

Posting photos of this woman's children and stating that Eric B. is going to be attempting to dig up dirt on her is stupid at best, and I'd go a step further and argue it's harassment and manipulative.

As others have said, Brown has no one to blame but himself for this. He was the person who sent those texts, after all.

Last edited:
Why would she defend the guy who sexually harassed her and didn't even pay her for her paintings?

Why defend him?

It's enough for me to know she didn't seek to publicize this. When asked by a reporter what went down, she told the truth.

Good for her.

Plz. She could have easily said don’t write any of that stuff on the article. That sexual harraasment crap is ********. He had a towel on. There’s ways of handling something without bringing attention to it if she has prove. This woman probably received some money for it to be published. J bet she did!

I don't have time to research anecdotal evidence from one poster. The vast majority of those here, including those defending Brown ardently, wanted him banned/suspended.
Thats fine but to respond to my post with that statement implies I also had that position which was not true.

Delete it or make the time.

I am a fan of Antonio Brown the Patriot player who can do amazing stuff on the field.

I am not a fan of Antonio Brown who played for the Steelers, and I would not be a fan of Antonio Brown if he signed with KC instead.

I despise Antonio Brown the person.

I don't see the Chiefs picking him up.
Well they held onto Hill. Maybe they don’t want to compound that, but they could just own having all these d bags.

Not only that--she did take him to civil court. This is how SI found out about it! His argument is circular. He's complaining that she didn't take him to cvil court, when the only reason we even know about her is that she DID take him to civil court!!!!!

Yes and she did an article about it bringing more attention and now she’s all mad because brown wants to dig dirt on her. You can’t play it like that. Bet she got paid for it as well.

Yes and she did an article about it bringing more attention and now she’s all mad because brown wants to dig dirt on her. You can’t play it like that. Bet she got paid for it as well.

Good for her.

She did the right thing.

This guy is a creep.

He needs to be exposed.

Thats fine but to respond to my post with that statement implies I also had that position which was not true.

Delete it or make the time.
Oh come on. I clearly referenced the groupthink going on in this forum at the time. You just happened to get involved in the discussion of Hill. I clearly didn't know whether you were one of those people that wanted Hill suspended. Don't play the victim and argue the actual points.

Might be never. Might be next week. Who knows with this wack-a-doo

I would not be shocked if he made it through the weekend, but if this is vetted in the next several hours, I would not be shocked to see him gone today.

"Intimidating" lol

Listen, Brown just can't seem to keep his foot out of his mouth, he's a clown for even texting her, but my word, the agenda-driven media bias and spin against him is just absurd at this point.

He literally can't do anything without it being blown out of proportion. I hate that this is "journalism" in 2019.

Perfectly legal and extremely stupid/immoral are not mutually exclusive concepts.

What Brown sent via text may have been perfectly legal, but that doesn't make it not extremely stupid or immoral/unethical.

Posting photos of this woman's children and stating that Eric B. is going to be attempting to dig up dirt on her is stupid at best, and I'd go a step further and argue it's harassment and manipulative.

As others have said, Brown has no one to blame but himself for this. He was the person who sent those texts, after all.

It’s not. I bet she got those pictures from her same social media page. She has them out like that. She brung more attention to it by letting SI publish her story. If that SI story didn’t come out i am sure we are not talking about his right now.

Cut him now.

Before AB really does something. Because its coming. He has no control and knows that he cant be punished. The next team wants him regardless of his past history. It goes all the way to college.

BB needs to have one final talk: stay off social media, stop contacting your accusers, and fall in line like the rest of the team.

The thing is, I'm sure BB, Stacey James, and the various powers-that-be in NE already had that conversation with Brown the second he arrived.

The fact that Brown is still acting in this way, well over a week after he arrived and presumably had that conversation, is extremely troublesome.

Clearly Brown cannot self-regulate and stay off social media, not contact the accusers, and fall in line. That's concerning, and quite frankly I wouldn't surprised if the team released or suspended him today, nor would I be particularly upset.

Last edited:
I would not be shocked if he made it through the weekend, but if this is vetted in the next several hours, I would not be shocked to see him gone today.

Be prepared to be disappointed.

Watch Goodell put him on the exempt list right after we pay him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back