PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the statute of limitations issue? Is the statute only 2 years on rape in Florida...? That's nuts if so..
The statute of limitations issue was in PA, where he could be charged with assault and battery, not rape. The SOL on assault & battery in PA is 2 years; apparently longer on rape charges in either FL or PA, but apparently whatever he's alleged to have done in PA did not qualify as a rape charge.

That is dumb. No one in their right mind would just give someone $1.6m. Also if he did give her it there is nothing to say she wouldn't still be doing this. The $1.6m wasn't for this. It was for her buisness and her mom's property. If she was leeching for $1.6m and got it she would have tried to get more.
I'd happily confidentially give someone $1.6mil to make (or avoid losing) $5mil, for example. And as for "still doing it", you make her sign a rock-solid confidentiality agreement that says she has to pay it all back if she opens her mouth.

Him paying would make him look guilty although some people just want that person off their back even if they didn’t do anything wrong.

How could he look guilty if no one knew about it?

How much do you guys think AB owes for driving through Eazypass?

The statute of limitations issue was in PA, where he could be charged with assault and battery, not rape. The SOL on assault & battery in PA is 2 years; apparently longer on rape charges in either FL or PA, but apparently whatever he's alleged to have done in PA did not qualify as a rape charge.
I thought that 5-7 years seemed like a good ballpark estimate for most states, but apparently, it’s now 8 years after passing new legislation a few years ago in Florida.

I was surprised at the number of states that don’t have any statute of limitations, as it seems to be much lower than I would have guessed. I suppose that makes sense since it would become harder and harder to prosecute after a certain length of time.

I'd happily confidentially give someone $1.6mil to make (or avoid losing) $5mil, for example. And as for "still doing it", you make her sign a rock-solid confidentiality agreement that says she has to pay it all back if she opens her mouth.
See, this is exactly what I thought too, but someone mentioned how the Peyton Manning victim had signed a NDA and somehow kept managing to shake him down for more money. I’m too lazy to look into the specifics of that case, but I would think that something like that would be the exception and not the norm.

Brown has already lost money through endorsements and reputation, so one would think that a settlement of 1m dollars or so may have been the way to go.

What happens to his incentives if he gets suspended but wins his case?

Unless the NEP do him a solid he won't get paid on them.

I assume the Patriots don't care about Nike dropping him. Correct?

And I wonder when AB will meet with the league.

See, this is exactly what I thought too, but someone mentioned how the Peyton Manning victim had signed a NDA and somehow kept managing to shake him down for more money. I’m too lazy to look into the specifics of that case, but I would think that something like that would be the exception and not the norm.

Brown has already lost money through endorsements and reputation, so one would think that a settlement of 1m dollars or so may have been the way to go.
Someone addressed this earlier in this thread. She kept suing because Goober and Archie kept breaking the confidentiality agreement.

When has the NFL suspended any player before an arrest or admission of guilt by the player?

Edited to add: Zeke Elliot was never arrested even though the prosecutor's office had a boatload of evidence. So technically that's one. His suspension was long after his legal issues, however.

Last edited:
You are remembering him more charitably than I am. I remember him being fired from every job he ever had.
I was a teenager in the mid-80s. Those NEP teams are comfort food.

Hell, I still think Amy Mann is kinda cute even though shes pushing 60.....just because shes from the 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back