PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whose roster spot does he take

Who think AB purposely got himself kicked off the raiders? Either Brown is crazy or the smartest one of them all.

He saw the martellus Bennet greenbay story

it is pretty interesting how quickly this came together after his release. Maybe he wanted to force his way to the patriots.

My original statement: I'd rather have Olszewski and Meyers than a diva. My mind hasn't changed. But if he buys in, welcome aboard.

I don't really see a scenario where Gunner especially is more favorable than Brown. We are talking a HoF player vs. someone who was already released and then got last second reprieve.

I know people love to see Edelman in Gunner but that is the absolute best case. The more likely case is that he ends up someone with a lot of heart but not enough physical gifts to be an impact player.

And I love his story and that we kept him around. But lets be real here.

Gronk has got to be reading about this and thinking "Well, I can lay off the CBD and get clean by November. Should I....?"

Last edited:
How on earth did they come to a contract agreement so quickly?

On a napkin:

I agree to sign with the pats for 1 year $15m and 9m signing bonus. AB.

So just for fun. You play defensive coordinator. Pick any teams secondary you want. How in the **** do you game plan to cover a 4 wide set with Gordon, Brown, Edelman, and Thomas with White in the backfield?

We gotta see what Thomas really has left. Playing great against a bunch of guys who are unemployed now a week ago isn't much of a test. But as long as Edelman can stay healthy and Gordon can stay off drugs, the Pats now have the best starting WR corp in the league.

So just for fun. You play defensive coordinator. Pick any teams secondary you want. How in the **** do you game plan to cover a 4 wide set with Gordon, Brown, Edelman, and Thomas with White in the backfield?

I guess you almost gotta invite them to run the ball with light boxes and hope to minimize the damage this way.

If Gunner's the casualty, i feel bad for the kid.

"Hey gunner, we're gonna have to let you go... wait, hold on. Nevermind, welcome to the team."
(2 weeks later)
"Hey gunner, about what we said before... yeah, uh.. this is awkward."

We gotta see what Thomas really has left. Playing great against a bunch of guys who are unemployed now a week ago isn't much of a test. But as long as Edelman can stay healthy and Gordon can stay off drugs, the Pats now have the best starting WR corp in the league.

Think we will get an idea tomorrow night. Since AB84 cant play we will see alot of him in the #3 role.

How on earth did they come to a contract agreement so quickly?

His agent has been dealing with the patriots for years, including discussions concerning AB when PITT put him up for bid.

Seems a good deal to me. He's a top 5 WR in the league, if he can keep his **** together it could be a very good season. I was surprised that we went and got him but in BB we trust. LFG

I'm heading over to Chiefs Planet to visit my buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back