PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh, we added a top 5 receiver to a group that includes Julian Edelman, Josh Gordon and Demaryius Thomas?

sure things could go wrong, but not sure how any fan wouldnt be ecstatic
I was being facetious @RIpats88 :D

this is just totally insane... love it though

How on earth did they come to a contract agreement so quickly?

I don't understand why so many fans thought BB would stay away from him. AB will come in motivated and "all in". Sorry Mike...

Anybody paying attention should have known better. It's not like this is something new for bill to do. It's happened before.

I hate Brown as a person, but even at 31 he is a top five WR in this league. My only hope that he will buy into the Patriot Way is that this becomes a contract year for him. If he flames out here, he is done. No one is going to give him the money he would want to play at age 32 if he flamed out on two teams in one year. Brown seems to be a guy who would rather retire than play with little to no guaranteed money and all his money based on salary, roster bonuses, and incentives especially after the events of today.

I can live with not liking Brown as a human. I hated Corey Dillon. I never really liked Randy Moss. And I rooted for them. So I can swallow Brown for at least a year. As long as he doesn't cause any drama, he will likely be the best WR the Pats have had since Moss (no offense, Jules).

Receiving depth and a down field threat were arguable two of the biggest weaknesses on this team prior to today. Now, as long as Brown behaves himself along with Edelman staying healthy and Gordon passing drug tests, the receiving corp may be one of the biggest strengths of the team. Only TE is a major weakness of this team.

This could be the most talented team the Pats have had in years. Pretty strong statement for a team that has won three Super Bowls in the last five years.

Should the act of disrupting your team enough to get released be known as “An Antonio Brown”, “A LeGarrette Blount”, or “The Underground Railroad to Freedom”?

How on earth did they come to a contract agreement so quickly?
Rosenhaus and Bill had conversations back in the spring. That laid the foundation for this deal.

AB is a self centered trouble maker. BB/the Patriots should stay a mile away fr.....((news alert - Patriots sign AB))....as I was saying AB is a dynamic incredibly productive receiver that BB/the Patriots would be crazy to pass on. :)

Unless BB knows something the rest of us don't(which couldn't possibly be the case), the only thing that would give me pause is big, up front, guaranteed money. Otherwise and provided BB/the Patriots can cut AB with smallish exposure if he becomes a cancer to the team, why not like this move? For the 100th time, the Patriot way was never about signing boy scouts. The Patriot/BB way is finding players who will shut up, do their job, try hard to get better at their job, put winning above everything else. And if a guy is doing that but in his off time lives in the VIP room at a strip club, the only stipulation is that behavior doesn't involve the law or the media.

Chiefs and Colts board going nuts too

I can see why the Chiefs are going nuts. But why the Colts? Not like the Colts have a real shot at the Super Bowl this year with Jacoby Brissett as their QB.

So just for fun. You play defensive coordinator. Pick any teams secondary you want. How in the **** do you game plan to cover a 4 wide set with Gordon, Brown, Edelman, and Thomas with White in the backfield?
You don’t

Why are the timestamps on the posts in this thread all out of order? Did we break Ian's database?

The server can't... It just... can't...

Last edited:
We should start a thread with all of ABs comments thru the season.. it will probably be empty

Why is everybody so ecstatic? Our WR corp still needs work.....
In what way? I mean this is easily the most talented WR Corp we've ever had.

11, Gordon, Brown, Thomas, ... Is as good as it gets. Not including Harry, Meyers, White, Sony...

We're absolutely loaded.

Oh yeah. IF Brown behaves and produces like he does on the field the Pat’s will be looking at a 3rd round comp pick for him when he signs elsewhere. Chess and checkers people. Chess and checkers.

Did Bill tell him he could wear his old helmet?

Internet comment that is getting a lot of likes: :D:D:D:D
Gee, where have I heard this script before?

“Talented malcontent throws enough of a fit to get himself cut from his team and promptly signs a deal with New England.”

It happened with Corey Dillon. It happened with Martellus Bennett. It happened with LeGarrette Blount. It happened with James Harrison. It happened with Josh Gordon. It happened with AB. It’s ****ing tampering, and the NFL has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it. I’m sick of this ****.

Last edited:
Man, this is conflicting for me.

I love what this means for our offense. But I hate the thought that we’re helping Antonio Brown get his way. This man has been a horrible petulant child. Doesn’t sit well with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST