PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

Which accusation has the worse optics? Or is anthing Patriot related automatically worse? Lol smh.
Everything Patriots related is 100x worse. Especially if you're watching ESPN. That feud goes back to Tom Jackson.

How the **** does anyone manage to ejaculate while watching a church service is the question.
I must've missed something, I've seen the stuff about the first part but not anything about a church service.

In the current MeToo environment, these types of accusations are given more credence than they were in the past. I have read the statement from AB's lawyer. If accurate, it depicts a woman looking for money from a former college classmate who is loaded. The language AB used in his messages to her was disgusting and graphic. I just hope this all gets sorted out quickly. Why is it controversy always seems to follow this team?

The fact that she was looking for money can't be stressed enough. She owed back taxes and there was a lien put on her property. She then reached out to him just after he received a $19 million signing bonus and was flush with a lot of cash. She began flying from Tennessee to Florida to visit with him and staying at his home. He says they were having a consensual sexual relationship. She later says she was repeatedly being sexually assaulted and raped. While this was going on, he agreed to invest $1.6 million into her business. Then later backed out when learning of her financial problems. She then stops seeing him to then later on demanding money or she would publicly accuse him of rape and assault. He refuses and then she files a civil suit (not criminal) at a time when he's the most talked about athlete in the country for negative reasons and his reputation is in the gutter.

I think a healthy dose of skepticism on her accusation is needed and we need to give him the benefit of doubt.

Yeah that's what I am thinking this morning as well. Placing him on the Commissioner's Exempt List over this sets a really bad precedent. You open the door for any person to file a civil suit against against any player at an inconvenient time just to get them taken out of a game. That's probably a bit of an extreme worst-case eventuality but it would be possible.

Heck, if they get away with doing that we'll get someone to file a civil case against Mahomes...right before the AFCCG ;)

She never said he raped her before the 3rd incident.

from the ESPN story:

In the lawsuit, a copy of which was reviewed by ESPN, Brown's former trainer, Britney Taylor, accuses the newly signed New England Patriots receiver of sexually assaulting her on three separate occasions in 2017 and 2018.

About 2% of rape accusations turn out to be false according to the FBI
MAAN » Myths about false accusation
That’s grossly misleading. The vast majority of rape accusations are not proven out one way or the other. The very study you are quoting admits this and also admits the true figure of false accusations is both unknown and unknowable.

Yeah that's what I am thinking this morning as well. Placing him on the Commissioner's Exempt List over this sets a really bad precedent. You open the door for any person to file a civil suit against against any player at an inconvenient time just to get them taken out of a game. That's probably a bit of an extreme worst-case eventuality but it would be possible.

you can basically control the NFL with a bunch of girls. wow.

One thing I'm curious about there is the fact that it's from the FBI - so I assume they're only considering criminal rape accusations. This is not even criminal. What % of civil sexual assault/rape suits without accompanying police reports turn out to be false?

That's a good question. I believe that it takes a special kind of scumbag to falsely accuse somebody of sexual assault. This person makes it harder for women who have truly been victims to come forward and gives ammunition to all the women hating douche canoes who point to the 2% of public cases and say "see men are the real victims here," which is totally not the case at all.

I don't even know what you are talking about. I cite statistics and you project some weird nonsense onto me. If anything, I am one that is saying to let it play out before jumping on the "women are scum and are out to get men" train in defense of some toolbag football player.

Statistic is full of ****. There is no way to actually know how many accusations are false or true. I don't care who the authority is, unless its God? Give me a break. DNA has years later released many men falsely accused of rape, some with eye witness by the "victim" (in many cases the victim really was a victim and was attacked, but selected the wrong person from lineups).
Further, no one said "women are scum" we are looking at the facts reported so far - waited years, repeatedly visited with.kep relationship after alleged incidents, -no criminal suit, just a civil one ($$$$) and timing -after a big news/signing and guarenteed money and using the thing between our ears to come to a likely scenario: money grubbing liar. If I were on a jury it would be wrong to come to any conclusions outside of a fair trial, but since I'm joe public and looking at what has been reported so far, that is how I lean. If more comes out contrary I will change my opinion.

I don't think that it has anything to do with AB

Not. sure. if. serious.

She sent that out this morning. The morning after her houseguest was sued in court and is the top newstory in America at the moment.

But, yeah, it COULD be more about Gov Baker dragging his feet on improvements to the MBTA.....

I must've missed something, I've seen the stuff about the first part but not anything about a church service.
He apparently ejaculated on her while watching a church service.

from the ESPN story:

In the lawsuit, a copy of which was reviewed by ESPN, Brown's former trainer, Britney Taylor, accuses the newly signed New England Patriots receiver of sexually assaulting her on three separate occasions in 2017 and 2018.

Only the 3rd is a rape.

The poster I responded to claimed that she went back to him after being raped.

What Brown did the first time, according to her, and maybe according to a Brown text that's been placed online, is comparable to what Peyton Manning did to his trainer, who continued to work with him after the assault.

from the ESPN story:

Wow she kept on going back after she was initially raped huh. Makes sense.

Some folks really get off on Jesus...

Too soon?

Buddy-Christ-kevin-smith-70822_360_640.jpg

Heck, if they get away with doing that we'll get someone to file a civil case against Mahomes...right before the AFCCG ;)
you can basically control the NFL with a bunch of girls. wow.
It's easy to laugh at but it's also true. You can have Tammy Johnson file a civil suit against Mahomes saying he sexually assaulted her, get it out there right before a Championship game, and he'd have to be suspended based on the precedent set. Any player.

If he is played on the exempt list I think we will see those accusations a lot more. He would also get cut as his guarantees would void.

Gisele defending AB. This story is taking many turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots