PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a woman so I can say this. I don't believe her. What took her so long to come forward?
And she wants money. If a man does these things to me, he needs to go to jail. And I am not going back 3 times.

Whoever disliked my opinion, I don't like you either and I will not be bullied into having the same opinion as everyone else. I just won't. Lots of internet bullies in the world. I have been through a lot and seen a lot in this life. I have learned not to believe everything people say.
@dreighver @Wingy why did this get a “dislike?”

Schefter on sports center said Goodell could put Brown on the commissioner exempt list, which means he would sit out with pay while the investigation takes place.

Similar to the Adrian Peterson situation when he was being investigated for child abuse.
No, they're not similar. One is a civil suit, the other is a criminal matter. Brown's is CIVIL. Understand the difference.

she says in the complaint she went back to his house to get some belongings...the very next day after she was violently raped...crazy

Who would believe that someone would just go back to the house of the guy who raped her? I mean that is like some Juicy Smolette level lying.

In this country you are innocent until proven guilty not guilty until proven innocent. If he did it, he needs to go and we’ve proven we don’t need him. If he didn’t do it it’s equally as bad because she tried to set him up. Honestly I wouldn’t be friends with AB as a person because he’s toxic to be around, I just hope he produces on the field.

It’s not sufficiently accurate to be admissible in court, but it is a data point that law enforcement can and will consider in the course of its investigation.

Some people are clever enough to beat a polygraph when they are guilty.

Where has THIS Andy Johnson been all these years!? Good show, old boy!

I do not believe for a second that even this Commissioner would put a guy on the Exempt list with nothing more than a civil suit filing 5 days before a game with no chance whatsoever to investigate things.

Who would believe that someone would just go back to the house of the guy who raped her? I mean that is like some Juicy Smolette level lying.

That French actor?

Schefter on sports center said Goodell could put Brown on the commissioner exempt list, which means he would sit out with pay while the investigation takes place.

Similar to the Adrian Peterson situation when he was being investigated for child abuse.
1) Peterson was a criminal case
2) There was actual evidence involved.

Schefter is trying to get clicks (the way he worded his story makes that clear.

Schefter is right, Brown could be put on the commissioner's exempt list. He could also, in theory, start at quarterback on Sunday.

For the disagreers out there I respect your opinion. I thought this guy was nuts and a mess for the last several years, and the jersey switch doesn’t change that. Again I don’t want to pre-judge him in a broad or legal sense but this is a highly volatile environment we live in, the narrative might be annoying but it can matter, and it’s not as simple as “he’s super famous and bangs lots of chicks so of course he’s going to get accused of rape for money”. Anybody ever come at Gronk? Chandler Jones? Jules? Tom? Pick a player? A lot of our guys have been out and about in situations rife for this kind of claim. McGinest had the issue that was false, so that’s a thing, sure. I’m just thinking of a potentially historically great football team being distracted by **** like this ALL year. And NONE of this was on the table for the 2019 Pats 3 days ago. Not thrilled about it, that’s all.

I find it interesting that the threatened countersuit from Brown is for extortion and not for defamation.
No surprise. Defamation is a harder issue to establish. And he may have clear evidence of extortion, such as emails from before the suit was filed demanding hush money.

In criminal case, polygraphs are tools used to obtain confessions. For example, the device itself inspires fear so an examiner may ask a series of background questions before the test commences in order to establish a baseline that are tantamount to criminal confessions. Also, the "deception indicated" information results in follow on questions that again result in confessions from those who don't understand they can tell the examiner to get lost as the device is reading wrong.

In administrative/civil procedures, polygraphs can be used to initiate adverse actions. Polygraph results are 60% to 80% accurate, so are of some value. Law enforcement agencies also tend to argue the results are more accurate than the opponents claim they are.

The polygraph results may be admissible in some jurisdictions under certain circumstances.

Thanks for explaining. Gotta say, I'm not a huge fan of the logic there - but I'm not implying that you said I have to be a fan, nor do I assume you like it (or don't) either, and that you were just relaying information to me.

EDIT: JFC, that was an annoying fix to make on my post. Sry.

Might not last the week.

In this country you are innocent until proven guilty not guilty until proven innocent.
Remember there are several here who hate this country even though they live in it and benefit from all it gives them

So much for the theory that Brown purposely colluded with NE to be cut by the Raiders.

Oakland knew all about these allegations days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down