PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post another late night rant

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Bill certainly knows Tom's weaknesses as good as anyone. My feeling on it is that Brad is going to be a man possessed and Bill is going to be playing the long game. Bill's looking at a week 4 non-conference game with a rookie QB. We've seen it over and over. Secure the division first, then the bye, then home field.
Who is Brad? (Brady I assume)

083a7085-fd47-4e3c-b832-d47d4c6a210e_text.gif

Brady also played about 100,000,000 snaps against Bill's defense over his career. What exactly is supposed to surprise him about it?

I had a very long nightmare last night. It was about how Brady leaving the Patriots triggered a series of cataclysms worldwide. The worst of it was a viral pandemic that killed millions, had everyone locked down in their home, kids weren't in school etc., people lost their jobs. Horrible nightmare that seemed to last 2 years. Then I read this thread and the arguments seem so fresh: I feel great now. The year is 2019. There is no pandemic! Go Jarrett Stidham!!!!

Last edited:
I don't think that is the case at all.

Tom found money, his voice, a more relaxed environment, and a new team with a great offense.

BB has the opportunity to rebuild a consistent winner contending for Super Bowls every single year.
Tom could have had that money here, a voice here, and a more relaxed environment here had Bill been willing to compromise. Would he have had as much of any one of those things had he stayed? Not likely but I am sure if Bill was willing to make some concessions Brady would still be here.

BB does have that opportunity but until it happens it is just hopes and dreams. Brady on the other hand has already done it. He went to a new team, with no real offseason, no preseason, and won a super bowl in spite of his coaching staff. Brady hasn't needed Bill for a long time and one could easily make the argument with Bill's roster building the last few years Bill held Brady back at the end of his Patriots tenure.

Brady also played about 100,000,000 snaps against Bill's defense over his career. What exactly is supposed to surprise him about it?
This is why that argument is so stupid. "Bill knows Brady better than anyone and knows how to stop him!" Except when you use that logic that means Brady knows Bill better than anyone and knows how to beat him. I just don't know how we will have the firepower to keep up with Tampa. Brady and Gronk (and maybe AB) will be extra motivated to burn Gillette to the ground in October and when Tom is throwing against Jalen Mills, or Joejuan Williams, or whoever the hell ends up at corner with anyone one of the half dozen offensive weapons he has we are in trouble.

Plus, "happy wife, happy life". Brady has become far more a Florida guy than a New England guy. It is a perfect fit.

And yeah, the need to define all this as about tribal groups is just a reflection of the desperation that drives the tribalism in US culture - political, religious, everything. It has gotten into people's brains as a way of defining the world ; the comfort of belonging.
Mac is from Jacksonville...he's more of a FL guy than Thomas Brady.

This is why that argument is so stupid. "Bill knows Brady better than anyone and knows how to stop him!" Except when you use that logic that means Brady knows Bill better than anyone and knows how to beat him. I just don't know how we will have the firepower to keep up with Tampa. Brady and Gronk (and maybe AB) will be extra motivated to burn Gillette to the ground in October and when Tom is throwing against Jalen Mills, or Joejuan Williams, or whoever the hell ends up at corner with anyone one of the half dozen offensive weapons he has we are in trouble.
Forget all that "know" stuff. Watching both the Bucs and Boys last night, I don't know how our secondary is going to stop either offense.

Tom could have had that money here, a voice here, and a more relaxed environment here had Bill been willing to compromise. Would he have had as much of any one of those things had he stayed? Not likely but I am sure if Bill was willing to make some concessions Brady would still be here.
What compromises?

Bill felt the same as you believe. Tom didn't want to stay so why bother offering up all these concessions and money?

BB does have that opportunity but until it happens it is just hopes and dreams. Brady on the other hand has already done it. He went to a new team, with no real offseason, no preseason, and won a super bowl in spite of his coaching staff. Brady hasn't needed Bill for a long time and one could easily make the argument with Bill's roster building the last few years Bill held Brady back at the end of his Patriots tenure.
Bogus.

Tom got to move out and shop for a brand new house of his choosing while Bill needed to stay and rebuild the one that he lived in for 20 years which needed significant renovation work.

In that scenario, who has the greater degree of difficulty?

Do you want BB to become Bill Parcells and just take his ball and go home when things get tough?

Forget all that "know" stuff. Watching both the Bucs and Boys last night, I don't know how our secondary is going to stop either offense.
Hell, I don't know who is even going to cover Gronk at this point. I know the people that hate Gronk now think he is a washed up corpse but even 75% of Gronk is better than 90% of the TEs out there.

What compromises?

Bill felt the same as you believe. Tom didn't want to stay so why bother offering up all these concessions and money?

Bogus.

Tom got to move out and shop for a brand new house of his choosing while Bill needed to stay and rebuild the one that he lived in for 20 years which needed significant renovation work.

In that scenario, who has the greater degree of difficulty?

Do you want BB to become Bill Parcells and just take his ball and go home when things get tough?
I do not buy Team Bill's narrative that Brady just wanted to leave no matter what. I do not think that was the case until he signed that deal in August of 2019 when Bill made it clear it was time to move on. Every single report for years is that Brady wants to play till at least 45 and that Brady wanted a long term deal. Bill kept kicking the can down the road year after year when he should have signed Brady to a new deal after he traded Jimmy in 2017.

Absolute 100% percent unabashed Bill homerism to claim that Brady had it easier than Bill. Brady had to work with 52 brand new guys and an all new coaching staff (who is lightyears worse than Bill and his staff) he also had to build timing and relationships with 52 new guys without a real offseason. Bill on the other hand got to show up to the same place he has been for two decades and make literally every single decision on who he wants to work with. I don't know how you can discredit what Brady did by claiming he just got to pick out a nice brand new house while ignoring the fact that Bill's house was falling apart because Bill didn't know how to maintain it the last few years.

The reason "things got tough" was 100% on Bill. His poor roster building make his own job tougher but then he is supposed to get credit for sticking through his own screwups? Please.

Hell, I don't know who is even going to cover Gronk at this point. I know the people that hate Gronk now think he is a washed up corpse but even 75% of Gronk is better than 90% of the TEs out there.
I guess the Pats are doomed, then. Should they even show up to play, or just concede to superior talent on the other side? ;)

There’s plenty of debate about Brady leaving, but one thing is not even open for debate: Tom Brady being enhanced by the Patriots system, or given some key advantage, or being fortunate because the system hides his weaknesses, is a joke of an idea.

Imagine the “creativity” talk if last night’s gameplan had been drawn up by a Patriots OC and not Byron Leftwich.

For years, even people like myself who are Brady stans, even accepted an idea that Brady only works well with a specific type of cerebral wide receiver. Yeah, right.

Note: Tompa's on pace for 34 INTs this season

Ice Slipping GIF

I guess the Pats are doomed, then. Should they even show up to play, or just concede to superior talent on the other side? ;)
Should we just ignore the fact that on paper we look like we may be completely outmatched? I will never count out a Bill Belichick coached team to win a game but burying your head in the sand and pretending like we won't see the most motivated Tom Brady we have ever is just wishful thinking.

Gronk looked like prime Gronk last night. He was tearing it up receiving and blocking.

Should we just ignore the fact that on paper we look like we may be completely outmatched? I will never count out a Bill Belichick coached team to win a game but burying your head in the sand and pretending like we won't see the most motivated Tom Brady we have ever is just wishful thinking.
I root for the Patriots. I am not team Tom, nor team Bill. I respect each greatly, I appreciate their efforts tremendously, but I'm a Pats fan. This **** is supposed to be fun, not agita inducing. I've been a fan since day one, and except for the Victor Kiam years, it's been a tremendous ride. 6 Super Bowl rings are just icing on the cake. If they never won another game, they've given me more enjoyment than I could have ever asked for. No burying my head in the sand, it's just a game, and I've never lost sight of that.

There’s plenty of debate about Brady leaving, but one thing is not even open for debate: Tom Brady being enhanced by the Patriots system, or given some key advantage, or being fortunate because the system hides his weaknesses, is a joke of an idea.

Imagine the “creativity” talk if last night’s gameplan had been drawn up by a Patriots OC and not Byron Leftwich.

For years, even people like myself who are Brady stans, even accepted an idea that Brady only works well with a specific type of cerebral wide receiver. Yeah, right.
As I have said before, there is no other great player in teams sports history that had more of his credit taken by the org he played for. Right from the get go, Kraft/Bill were all too happy to stand front and center after every SB win and claim the Patriot Way and culture/system. What a load of horse manure. Event though I wish like heck Brady still played for us and retired a Pat, I am thrilled he got the chance to prove that narrative was a complete and utter JOKE.

I think BB was thinking logically.......Brady is a unicorn.....nobody's ever done what he's doing (playing level at that age)

and after 20 years together, whatever feelings there were were likely mutual.....

Tom Brady is gone.....there is no Tom Brady

I root for the Patriots. I am not team Tom, nor team Bill. I respect each greatly, I appreciate their efforts tremendously, but I'm a Pats fan. This **** is supposed to be fun, not agita inducing. I've been a fan since day one, and except for the Victor Kiam years, it's been a tremendous ride. 6 Super Bowl rings are just icing on the cake. If they never won another game, they've given me more enjoyment than I could have ever asked for. No burying my head in the sand, it's just a game, and I've never lost sight of that.
Honestly I just want this Tampa game out of the way. I love watching the games every week since I was a kid watching Bledsoe and Curtis Martin and even last year as painful as it was but this Tampa game I am really not looking forward to.

As I have said before, there is no other great player in teams sports history that had more of his credit taken by the org he played for. Right from the get go, Kraft/Bill were all too happy to stand front and center after every SB win and claim the Patriot Way and culture/system. What a load of horse manure. Event though I wish like heck Brady still played for us and retired a Pat, I am thrilled he got the chance to prove that narrative was a complete and utter JOKE.

He doesn't win anything without a whole ton of help from others........if the Browns take Brady instead of Spergon Wynn, nobody wins

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back