PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post another late night rant

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Great Players > great coach. Pats just happened to have both when we were winning.

Also Brady without Bill > Bill without Brady. Proven. Looks like there’s no Belichick magic or a system after all - I mean he couldn’t make Cam a good QB. But Brady single-handedly turns a 7-9 team into a Super Bowl champion and a team that looks like they’re going to steamroll the league in 2021.
Don't underestimate the ability of Bruce Arians to mess things up.

Don't underestimate the ability of Bruce Arians to mess things up.

But see this is why Brady's season last year was incredible. Arians and Leftwich and won a ring. BB is the best ever but if anything last year shows the current Pats OC was riding Brady's coattails for 13 years.

@patfanken I have to disagree that Belichick "crapped all over the media" for a long period of time. Literally every time I've witnessed a reporter ask an intelligent question about football, he has engaged at that level. He has no patience for click bait, or dumb post game questions that ask about what we all just watched and already know. And he has no respect for those people, and yes it shines through, and yes sometimes the entire media group gets swept up in it. But honestly I'm fine with him being this way with them.

If Brady had gone to the Jets last year, would they have won the superbowl? Tom was the missing piece at Tampa and put a very strong team over the top. Tampa was strong in large part because they had losing records 4 of the past 5 years and their winning season was 9-7. The NFL is set up to reward teams that suck, they sucked and got strong picks and did well with those picks. Nothing wrong with that, but I have no idea how one can argue that Tom is more important to the Patriots winning based upon one year. It isn't brain surgery, Tom chose the perfect place to play and they won. If he had gone to a team that absolutely sucked they wouldn't have won the superbowl. No slight on Tom, simple facts.

Not a great night to post this when Brady literally just won a game where his defensed and offensive skill guys puked all over themselves.
Umm what? He had Brown, Evans, Gronk, Fournette, Godwin. That's hands down the most talented roster in football. They had a rough game, but kept the Boyz out of the endzone enough on defense. Brady is lucky their kicker sucks

The fact is that Brady would not be this coach on the field without BB. Arians was unnecessary that game. Did you see him speaking into the mic once?

The play before they got into field goal range at the end of the game they showed Brady yelling back to the sideline that he wasn't running that play they just called in and he called his own play from his wrist play book. That's 20 years of BB being downloaded into his head. He's the teams real O coordinator. Without that time with BB Brady would have never learned what he needed to be that guy

I stopped reading when I realized this was a rant induced by a lazy by the numbers hot takes guy whose primary goal is to drive the easily influenced to anger and prompt them to call the show or rant on social media, which drives ratings.

The fact is that Brady would not be this coach on the field without BB. Arians was unnecessary that game. Did you see him speaking into the mic once?

The play before they got into field goal range at the end of the game they showed Brady yelling back to the sideline that he wasn't running that play they just called in and he called his own play from his wrist play book. That's 20 years of BB being downloaded into his head. He's the teams real O coordinator. Without that time with BB Brady would have never learned what he needed to be that guy
You do know BB is a defensive coach and spent the majority of his time during games coaching up the defense?

Ken, you’re one of my favorite posters, but why does it bother you that others have different opinions than you do? The last 18 months had radicalized too many of us too much. That’s evident in these threads every day. But, Of all the things under the sun, whether someone favors the player over the coach in the great Bill-Tom debate is very low on the reasons one should be offended by the opinions of others- especially people who produce phoney controversy for a living. “Free your mind, instead”.

Btw, anyone who argues that it was all Brady based on one season should also accept it was all Belichick in the Bill vs. Bill debate as Parcells never won anything without his brilliant DC, but Belichick won 6 without Parcells. Super Bowls won without the other: Brady 1 Belichick 2.
I think it's because the cancer of talk radio, particularly Cap-is-Crap Felger and the clown beside him is thick on this board.

"Team Bill" "team Brady" "honks" etc., really takes the fun out of it.

Watched some of the game last night. Brady can still sling it - the Patriots made a mistake in not just paying him to 45, if that's what he wanted. Sure, their roster wouldn't have been this good - not sure Brady would have won another ring here, where he's got a good shot at 2 with Tampa - but for the brand of the Patriots and the fan base, it still would have been a better outcome.

Okay, but that's done, and anyone saying they enjoyed 2019 after the first half is...weird? I have a hard time rooting for the Bucs, even while I root for Brady.
Gronk screwed the Pats. Wouldn't play here and retired AFTER the best TE FAs were off the market.
AB broke the team and put Brady into an emotional tailspin.

So here we are as Pats fans, with a (brilliantly) rebuilt roster, a 1st-round QB who looks promising, and Ken, and everyone, knows that all year will be "Brady>BB!" and "BB made Brady" and "nyah nyah nyah."

It's ridiculous.

Team Bill twisting in the wind.
I don't think that is the case at all.

Tom found money, his voice, a more relaxed environment, and a new team with a great offense.

BB has the opportunity to rebuild a consistent winner contending for Super Bowls every single year.

Biggest question is, why are you listening to them at all? And if you are, why are you taking what they say seriously?

Yeah, I never understood why people get angry at shock jocks.

They say stupid **** to rile you up.

I just do not listen to any sports radio, it is a waste of time and energy.

I stopped reading when I realized this was a rant induced by a lazy by the numbers hot takes guy whose primary goal is to drive the easily influenced to anger and prompt them to call the show or rant on social media, which drives ratings.

Thread should stop right here.

Turn off the ****ing radio @patfanken. You, by now, should have realized that their whole schtick is to anger people like you. It has never and will never have anything to do with actual football discussion.

"It's a players game." ~ Bill Belichick

Brady's greatness does not diminish Belichick's, no matter what Felger says. @patfanken don't listen to those idiots. Seriously. If you think they are bad now, wait 'til Tom hangs 50 on 'em in four weeks.

I don't think that is the case at all.

Tom found money, his voice, a more relaxed environment, and a new team with a great offense.

BB has the opportunity to rebuild a consistent winner contending for Super Bowls every single year.

Plus, "happy wife, happy life". Brady has become far more a Florida guy than a New England guy. It is a perfect fit.

And yeah, the need to define all this as about tribal groups is just a reflection of the desperation that drives the tribalism in US culture - political, religious, everything. It has gotten into people's brains as a way of defining the world ; the comfort of belonging.

"It's a players game." ~ Bill Belichick

Brady's greatness does not diminish Belichick's, no matter what Felger says. @patfanken don't listen to those idiots. Seriously. If you think they are bad now, wait 'til Tom hangs 50 on 'em in four weeks.
What happens if Tom goes 22-44 1td, 2INT sacked 5 times and NEP win 27-20?

Will we hear the "BB knows Tom too well" narrative?

Listening to dumb talk radio and getting mad at it is dumb, they're literally making up crap for maximum irritation to drive clicks.

The notion that Belichick Is Everything got shot in the back of the head by Brady winning Super Bowl 55... but that was a dumb take not even Belichick himself believes. Some people made a kind of cult of personality around Bill, but they were always dumb. Any time Belichick is relaxed and candid in public (not often), he gives the players credit, and to me he always seemed sincere about it. Really, it's a statement of the obvious - no coach in history was great when their players sucked, something Belichick experienced firsthand when he arrived in Cleveland.

There are a lot of what-ifs to Brady leaving and winning while the Patriots lost. My entirely unprovable take is that Belichick was largely playing the odds - Brady being elite at 43 (and seemingly being still elite at 44) is beyond unprecedented and straight into downright silly, so he logically concluded that making a longtime commitment after 2016 or whatever was a mistake, but a long-term commitment was what Brady wanted more than anything. Belichick also flat-out botched a run of draft picks and free agency moves that left the offensive skill positions hollowed out and the salary cap almost maxed out, which just made it an unattractive place for a QB to play anymore. Especially in an environment where everyone turns around and blames Brady because the chumps he has to throw to can't remember the play, get open or catch.

It's understandable that after 6 rings Belichick isn't interested in changing his approach, but also that Brady was simply sick of being treated like another JAG after all he'd done for the organization.

What happens if Tom goes 22-44 1td, 2INT sacked 5 times and NEP win 27-20?

Will we hear the "BB knows Tom too well" narrative?
Bill certainly knows Tom's weaknesses as good as anyone. My feeling on it is that Brady is going to be a man possessed and Bill is going to be playing the long game. Bill's looking at a week 4 non-conference game with a rookie QB. We've seen it over and over. Secure the division first, then the bye, then home field.

Last edited:

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back