PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Gilmore interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

K. Dog

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Steve Burton: You're known as a shutdown corner.
Gilmore: Mmm-hmm.
Q: When you take on opposing teams, you're the guy who takes on their number one receiver, their number one challenge. Do you like that role?
A: I like it. It brings the best out of me...you have the opportunity to make plays.
Q: You have world class speed. You ran track in high school ... are you the fastest guy on this team?
A: On the field I hope so.

Love it. Man of few words (other than his first interview).

Can't wait to see him in the field. Plus I have an auto rookie card of his kicking around somewhere.

Exactly.

It's good to see that Gilmore is already helping the Patriots by showing how to emphasize individual accomplishments.

And I hope Belichick and Patricia are paying attention: Gilmore likes being on the #1 receiver because it lets him make more plays. So Gilmore, the fastest guy on the field, should always be on the #1 receiver. That way, Gilmore will be able to make more plays, which makes him happy. And that's what the Patriots are about: keeping the stars happy.

We lost a lot of pre-games last season to articulate and confident opposing stars' interviews explaining how tough and fast they were. Let's win some pre-games this year.

Last edited:
*answers direct question about covering the opposing #1*

"I like it. It brings the best out of me...you have the opportunity to make plays."

You: "BRAGGART!"

Never paid that much attention to his interviews prior to this one, he is very polished and has been schooled by Stacy James about how the Pats do this sort of thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results