PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another big plus for a rookie QB...

That’s a long bye.

I thought Mac was on a bye last night.
That's what I mean... he'll be without the true physical rigors of a game (hits/sacks) from the end of the Falcons game a week ago Thursday up to the Indy game a week from Saturday.

Although he did take some punishment on those QB sneaks. :)

That’s not a bye. Mac Jones handled the ball on every snap last night and was flawless. As we saw with Allen and Brieda and many other examples every week, successful handoffs are not a given.

The Bills game might have been Mac Jones’ finest game do far. I love how he carried himself throughout the game. He “did his job” as asked in an important division win with no pouting or other visible signs of disappointment from what he was being told to do. Very impressive, and very reminiscent of of his predecessor.

That's what I mean... he'll be without the true physical rigors of a game (hits/sacks) from the end of the Falcons game a week ago Thursday up to the Indy game a week from Saturday.

Although he did take some punishment on those QB sneaks. :)
Oh..I thought you meant the Jags, Fins and then the bye during WC weekend...but this works too.

Don’t sleep on the dolphins!

Frank is at his doctor's appointment and the doctor says "Frank, I have some bad news. You have cancer"

And then the doctor adds "Also, you have Alzheimers"

And Frank says "At least I don't have cancer"

That’s not a bye. Mac Jones handled the ball on every snap last night and was flawless. As we saw with Allen and Brieda and many other examples every week, successful handoffs are not a given.

The Bills game might have been Mac Jones’ finest game do far. I love how he carried himself throughout the game. He “did his job” as asked in an important division win with no pouting or other visible signs of disappointment from what he was being told to do. Very impressive, and very reminiscent of of his predecessor.

He's not being literal. He just means Jones got a week off from the normal pounding in the pocket and use of the throwing shoulder. It is a good point; he's going in to the bye week with an unusual degree of rest already.

He's not being literal. He just means Jones got a week off from the normal pounding in the pocket and use of the throwing shoulder. It is a good point; he's going in to the bye week with an unusual degree of rest already.

The late bye week is fantastic. I think in future seasons people will look at this during betting decisions. A late-season bye is huge going into the playoffs.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back