PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another ******** article by Ron Borges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffins

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Borges: Losing Dont’a Hightower brings up long-term issues for Patriots too

I know we're all used to ******** articles by Ron Borges but this one takes the cake. On commenting on Hightower's injury he is criticizing Belichick for extending an injuring prone linebacker. That's such crap talk. We re-signed Hightower for less than most in the market expected, with less guaranteed money, and after he had made signature plays over last 3 years to deliver two championships and was a locker room leader. What the hell else should we have done. Anyone that says we shouldn't have extended HT is talking nonsense.

And then in the same breath he says we should have kept Collins............ not bothering to discuss how we'd have paid him to keep him this season. Not to mention, jettisoning Collins actually markedly improved the defense as everyone followed the script better and it sent a message to the locker room. Who knows if we'd have even won last year's superbowl if we had actually kept Collins.

Borges is basically saying by keeping Hightower and getting rid of Collins, BB has created a long-term problem for the Patriots and made bad decisions. I was incensed to read this crap from this guy. I know I shouldn't give him any clicks, but I unfortunately clicked it and it made my blood boil. This guy is a moron.

And I know Tom Curran isn't talking about Ron Borges in his article but I still find it funny that Curran specifically says that anyone that says Patriots shouldn't have extended Hightower over the offseason is talking out of his ass.

Super Bowl still possible, but no longer likely for depleted Patriots

Here's an excerpt from Curran's article

"He’s an absolutely pivotal player for them, as their last two Super Bowl wins demonstrated. There will be all kinds of cluck-clucking today about whether the Patriots made a mistake in bringing him back or paying him what they did and, while it fills the time, it’s a disingenuous, dishonest conversation starter.

The Patriots brought him back for less than we all forecasted he would make because of the injury history. He was more important to them than he was to the Jets or the Steelers -- his main suitors. What were they supposed to do, nickel-and-dime him even more two months after his strip-sack of Matt Ryan led to the team’s fifth Super Bowl win? Let him go? GTFOOH."

So yeah Borges...... that's for you...... GTFOOH. Idiot.

Borges: Losing Dont’a Hightower brings up long-term issues for Patriots too

I know we're all used to ******** articles by Ron Borges but this one takes the cake. On commenting on Hightower's injury he is criticizing Belichick for extending an injuring prone linebacker. That's such crap talk. We re-signed Hightower for less than most in the market expected, with less guaranteed money, and after he had made signature plays over last 3 years to deliver two championships and was a locker room leader. What the hell else should we have done. Anyone that says we shouldn't have extended HT is talking nonsense.

And then in the same breath he says we should have kept Collins............ not bothering to discuss how we'd have paid him to keep him this season. Not to mention, jettisoning Collins actually markedly improved the defense as everyone followed the script better and it sent a message to the locker room. Who knows if we'd have even won last year's superbowl if we had actually kept Collins.

Borges is basically saying by keeping Hightower and getting rid of Collins, BB has created a long-term problem for the Patriots and made bad decisions. I was incensed to read this crap from this guy. I know I shouldn't give him any clicks, but I unfortunately clicked it and it made my blood boil. This guy is a moron.

And I know Tom Curran isn't talking about Ron Borges in his article but I still find it funny that Curran specifically says that anyone that says Patriots shouldn't have extended Hightower over the offseason is talking out of his ass.

Super Bowl still possible, but no longer likely for depleted Patriots

Here's an excerpt from Curran's article

"He’s an absolutely pivotal player for them, as their last two Super Bowl wins demonstrated. There will be all kinds of cluck-clucking today about whether the Patriots made a mistake in bringing him back or paying him what they did and, while it fills the time, it’s a disingenuous, dishonest conversation starter.

The Patriots brought him back for less than we all forecasted he would make because of the injury history. He was more important to them than he was to the Jets or the Steelers -- his main suitors. What were they supposed to do, nickel-and-dime him even more two months after his strip-sack of Matt Ryan led to the team’s fifth Super Bowl win? Let him go? GTFOOH."

So yeah Borges...... that's for you...... GTFOOH. Idiot.

Ron Borges will Make Sportswriting Great Again! :rolleyes:

Shave and a hack column....two bits!

Not to mention Collins has suited up 4 of 7 games this year and has done little to nothing to help the team that is dramatically overpaying him. If you're going to do a hatchet job at least research it.

Borges probably copied that from a bspn piece.

In all seriousness, He's adapated to the new media style of being a troll, just like Felger and so many others. He says something inflammatory so people will get upset and read more. I just ignore that type of media.

He's entitled to his opinion. It just happens to be ass-wrong.

Another ******** article by Ron Borges

IOoH4DG.gif

There's more where that came from. o_O

Ron's vendetta goes back to Krafty jettisonning Tuna, Belichick benching then schitcanning Bledsoe...Drew was one of Ron's go to guys for inside scoop and locker room gossip... Ron's butthurt knows no bounds... F him...

Collins has become massively overrated by some since his departure. The Patriots made the right decision with the information they had at the time. Had they not signed him, Borges would have written an article bashing Belichick for not re-signing Hightower and letting him go to either a division or conference rival back in the summer.

I know I shouldn't give him any clicks, but I unfortunately clicked it and it made my blood boil. This guy is a moron.

Then Borges wins if let him get under your skin like that. In the future, just ignore him. He's a bitter anti-Pats writers who beats up crippled people. Pay him no mind.

Why don't you guys just stop linking him and talking about him and bringing him up constantly? It's not that difficult.

I don't create a new thread over every stupid thing I hear or see. That would be dumb.

Might as well create a new thread for today's horoscope. It has a better chance of being right than this moron.

Then Borges wins if let him get under your skin like that. In the future, just ignore him. He's a bitter anti-Pats writers who beats up crippled people. Pay him no mind.
The *ONLY* reason I know what Borges, Parker, etc. say is because I come here and someone links their articles. If not for that, I would honestly have no idea who any of these people are, much less what they say.

Haven't read one syllable of his in at least a decade. It's liberating...

It really is hilarious to think about Borgey during this amazing run... he probably thought it would be the 1 lucky ring in 01.. then that Brady kid would suck and the stupid Patriots would rue the day they turned their backs on Bledsoe.

It warms my heart to know that every Patriots victory is another stab to Borgey's heart.

Probably the overall biggest piece of sh*t in this town, and thats really saying something. Scum.

Collins played himself out of Foxboro. Unfortunately he developed into a player that didnt fit the Do Your Job mold that is expected here.

I bet if this was Super Bowl week HT would play. The guy never fails to let us down.

Totally agree. And since we are on this topic... **** Edelman for letting us down by getting surgery on his knee. Last I checked you dont need any knees to catch balls... ! I dont care and I cant stand it..

Why would you open an article by this guy and expect anything but ********?

Collins played himself out of Foxboro. Unfortunately he developed into a player that didnt fit the Do Your Job mold that is expected here.
The question I ponder is if he had been that player, stuck to his responsibilities, didn’t let Lynch break free on a simple curl in XLIX, would he still be here instead of Hightower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes