PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anonymous Sources: Mac is Impressing in Offseason

Pats2000

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Its anonymous, so take it for what its worth, but I would be ecstatic if Mac took a huge leap forward this year.

“Continued positive reviews from teammates/coaches who have been around Mac Jones the longest,” Giardi tweeted.

— “Confident. Leading like we know he can.”
— “Ready to remind you (media/fans) why he was a playoff QB in year one.”
— “Energized” by the change (Bill O’Brien as OC).

Hopefully Mac can prove why he was the 15th pick and that his rookie season wasnt a fluke.

I don't care about anonymous sources. When I see Mac recognize a blitz overload or even looking for one, I will feel better. When I see him throw a 10 yard check down that is not at the feet of the receiver, I will feel better. When I see him recognize the one on one and release the ball on time, I will feel better. When I see him step up in the pocket instead of running out the back, I will feel better. I do want him to be successful. I'm a Patriot fan and I want the team to be successful. But anonymous sources aren't going to mean anything.

Hope so but we heard this last year as well.
Yeah, we can possibly chalk it up to how terrible Judge and Patricia were. But lets see how camp unfolds

I don't care about anonymous sources. When I see Mac recognize a blitz overload or even looking for one, I will feel better. When I see him throw a 10 yard check down that is not at the feet of the receiver, I will feel better. When I see him recognize the one on one and release the ball on time, I will feel better. When I see him step up in the pocket instead of running out the back, I will feel better. I do want him to be successful. I'm a Patriot fan and I want the team to be successful. But anonymous sources aren't going to mean anything.
Watching film, there was a lot of mental errors by Mac, but play design and receiver coaching wasnt helping him either. There were a lot of times Mac had to release the ball and no one was looking for it. Overall it was a horrible offense, poor design, poor QB play and poor coaching.

Impossible! According to Crawhammer, Mac Jones is the worst person on the face of the planet. He couldn't even redeem himself if he saved busload of kids from colliding with a truck carrying a load of kittens on their way to a veterans hospital.

Stop trying to pump this guy up. He's not that good and he's never going to be elite. The baseline talent isn't there. At best he can be a good quarterback who with an exceptional supporting cast could max out with 10 or 11 wins if everything goes right (he's not a 12-win QB like some homers are projecting). At this point he doesn't have the exceptional supporting cast, I'll give it a C+ or B- max, which would be fine with Mahomes, Allen or some other elite caliber quarterback.

Belichick replaced Meyers with JuJu, and upgraded at TE2, but that's not enough with mediocre Mac. Belichick also should have taken a run at Hopkins, or at least someone like Lazard, and taken Zay Flowers in the 1st (or Josh Downs or Darnell Washington in the 3rd). Instead he strengthened the already stronger phase - the defense - and made some desperation moves to improve the much lesser important 3rd phase (ST). The team is currently built to win games in the teens, which isn't going to work with our schedule and many of the offenses we're going to face.

We also heard the same exact reports on Mac last offseason. Which turned out to be bogus, unless you want to take the easy way out and just blame everything on Patricia (i.e. Belichick). Bill O'Brien is a good OC, should help, but I don't think he's the grand wizard some are making him out to be. Ultimately it's still mediocre Mac and his B- supporting cast that has to execute.

I'm of the opinion that you don't know who or what you're QB is unless he's back there performing at an average level while he's being rushed relentlessly deep in the playoffs.

Until then, you have no idea what you've got.

This is why Mahomes is great and why -- until now -- Burrow hasn't really proven anything to us.

I just came to tip my toes is Lake Negativity.

200.gif

I have to see it on the field.
Everyone can look like a HOF outside of the real games
Splitting with the Rivals will be my barometer with Mac especially winning against Buffalo.

Stop trying to pump this guy up. He's not that good and he's never going to be elite. The baseline talent isn't there. At best he can be a good quarterback who with an exceptional supporting cast could max out with 10 or 11 wins if everything goes right (he's not a 12-win QB like some homers are projecting). At this point he doesn't have the exceptional supporting cast, I'll give it a C+ or B- max, which would be fine with Mahomes, Allen or some other elite caliber quarterback.

Belichick replaced Meyers with JuJu, and upgraded at TE2, but that's not enough with mediocre Mac. Belichick also should have taken a run at Hopkins, or at least someone like Lazard, and taken Zay Flowers in the 1st (or Josh Downs or Darnell Washington in the 3rd). Instead he strengthened the already stronger phase - the defense - and made some desperation moves to improve the much lesser important 3rd phase (ST). The team is currently built to win games in the teens, which isn't going to work with our schedule and many of the offenses we're going to face.

We also heard the same exact reports on Mac last offseason. Which turned out to be bogus, unless you want to take the easy way out and just blame everything on Patricia (i.e. Belichick). Bill O'Brien is a good OC, should help, but I don't think he's the grand wizard some are making him out to be. Ultimately it's still mediocre Mac and his B- supporting cast that has to execute.
See. Right on cue.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back