PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Annual Binky thread

Micah Kiser. Not athletic and a bit stiff but is a Patriot guy through and through (even down to the Lacrosse). Probably just a backup and special teamer though but could see time in the Elandon Roberts role.

Micah Kiser. Not athletic and a bit stiff but is a Patriot guy through and through (even down to the Lacrosse). Probably just a backup and special teamer though but could see time in the Elandon Roberts role.

I really want to like Kiser. But every time I watch him, I just groan and wish he were an NFL caliber athlete. He's the LB version of Jordan Richards.

I really want to like Kiser. But every time I watch him, I just groan and wish he were an NFL caliber athlete. He's the LB version of Jordan Richards.

I agree he isn't but as a UDFA, he's worth the risk.

Based on the ability and/or current performance:

Lamar Jackson
Vita Vea
Lorenzo Carter
Rashaan Evans
Nick Chubb
Kemoko Turay

Last edited:

I thought that Jordan Richards was the LB version of Jordan Richards.

He’s gonna go in the first round. Out of reach for the Pats (sadly).
First round? So they found him. Month ago he wasnt so high. I thought third round

LB Rashaan Evans - 'Bama
LB Shaun Dion Hamilton - 'Bama
LB Lorenzo Carter - Georgia
LB Davin Bellamy - Georgia
LB/DE Harold Landry - Boston College
DT Vita Vea - Washington
DT BJ Hill - NC State
DB Tony Brown - 'Bama
RB Nick Chubb - Georgia
RB Sony Michel - Georgia
RB Rashaad Penny - San Diego St.
RB Darrel Williams - LSU
QB Mike White - Western Kentucky
WR Simmie Cobbs - Indiana

Ehh, TE's usually don't go too high

I prefer Andrews

I read recently that TE is apparently the safest pick in the draft, regardless of round, ie a higher proportion of drafted TE's are still in the league after 5 years than any other position. WR was the worst, and RB. And RB was the position with the least correlation between career longevity and round drafted.

Very unusual for TE's to go in the first round, unless they are looking like; Tony G, Gronk, Kelcee Jord Reed, etc

Rashaad Penny ran a 4.47 at 225 lbs. Wow! He was tough to bring down this year and with his speed and power he looks like a keeper. He can catch a little as well so there's that too.

Rashaad Penny ran a 4.47 at 225 lbs. Wow! He was tough to bring down this year and with his speed and power he looks like a keeper. He can catch a little as well so there's that too.
He’s my 2nd favorite RB behind Michel, who ran pretty slow (I was surprised, thought he was faster).

Getting back to Penny, besides being a good receiver out of the backfield, he’s a good return man too. Wondering if the slow 40 will drop Michel down to our #43 pick in round 2 ? That being said, I’d be happy with either Michel or Penny coming to the Pats.

QB: Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma; Kurt Benkert, UVA

RB: Bo Scarbrough, 'Bama; Nick Chubb, UGA; Sony Michel, UGA; Royce Freeman, Oregon; Shaun Wilson, Duke; Ronald Jones II, USC

FB: Austin Ramesh, Wisconsin

WR: Christian Kirk, TAMU; Calvin Ridley, 'Bama; Equanimeous St. Brown, ND; Keith Kirkwood, Temple; Braxton Berrios, Miami; Hunter Renfrow, Clemson

TE: Mike Gesicki, Penn State; Mark Andrews, Oklahoma; Troy Fumagali, Wisconsin

OT: Orlando Brown, Oklahoma; Mitch Hyatt, Clemson; Mason Cole; Michigan; Evan Lisle, Duke

OG: Quenton Nelson, ND; Ross Pierschbacher, Alabama

C: Billy Price, Ohio State; Bradley Bozeman, Alabama

DT: Da’Ron Payne, Alabama

DE: Andrew Trumbetti, ND; Mat Boesen, TCU;

MLB: Roquan Smith, UGA

OLB: Lorenzo Carter, UGA; Shaqueem Griffin, UCF

CB: Duke Dawson, Florida; Nick Nelson, Wisconsin; Avonte Maddox, Pittsburgh; Bryon Fields, Duke

FS: Derwin James, FSU

SS: Minkah Fitzpatrick, ‘Bama; Tray Matthews, Auburn

K:

P: JK Scott, Alabama
Mixed combines for this crew

Derwin James

Most of the guys I really like aren't really needs/value for the Pats this year. There are 3 offensive lineman I really like, I just don't think they will be available or a good fit for us this year.

OT- Connor Williams- Texas
Some people (including Lance Zierlein think he is an OG only because he lacks ideal measurables (33 inch arms), but if you watch his 2016 tape I think he will be an excellent LT in the NFL. He had a poor start to last season and got hurt which will damage his draft stock but that is only going to make him a steal for somebody. If you watch his 2015 and 2016 tape you will see one of the most dominant true freshman and sophomore offensive lineman ever. He is an excellent athlete, good technician and plays with a mean streak. If he falls to 31 I wouldn't hesitate to draft him. I think he can still be a franchise LT with the downside of a pro bowl OG.

OG- Will Hernandez- UTEP
If I were to pick any player outside the top 10 that I think will be a sure thing pro bowler it would be Hernandez. He's just been absolutely dominant the past two seasons and is built to fight in the trenches. Which ever team drafts him is going to love him, unfortunately a pure OG doesn't make sense for the Pats that high.

OL- Frank Ragnow- Arkansas
Big, strong and tough. Ragnow brings versatility, leadership and physicality to any OL. He may never be a superstar but he is as dependable and consistent as you are going to get. As with Hernandez, love the player but not really good value for the Pats

Most of the guys I really like aren't really needs/value for the Pats this year. There are 3 offensive lineman I really like, I just don't think they will be available or a good fit for us this year.

OT- Connor Williams- Texas
Some people (including Lance Zierlein think he is an OG only because he lacks ideal measurables (33 inch arms), but if you watch his 2016 tape I think he will be an excellent LT in the NFL. He had a poor start to last season and got hurt which will damage his draft stock but that is only going to make him a steal for somebody. If you watch his 2015 and 2016 tape you will see one of the most dominant true freshman and sophomore offensive lineman ever. He is an excellent athlete, good technician and plays with a mean streak. If he falls to 31 I wouldn't hesitate to draft him. I think he can still be a franchise LT with the downside of a pro bowl OG.

OG- Will Hernandez- UTEP
If I were to pick any player outside the top 10 that I think will be a sure thing pro bowler it would be Hernandez. He's just been absolutely dominant the past two seasons and is built to fight in the trenches. Which ever team drafts him is going to love him, unfortunately a pure OG doesn't make sense for the Pats that high.

OL- Frank Ragnow- Arkansas
Big, strong and tough. Ragnow brings versatility, leadership and physicality to any OL. He may never be a superstar but he is as dependable and consistent as you are going to get. As with Hernandez, love the player but not really good value for the Pats
Agreed that NE won't look at them but Hernandez could be a star, I like Williams as well

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back