PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrews to miss time with a broken thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best case scenario, he's out 2-3 weeks.

Poop. We'll be okay but he's been great.

It's going to be interesting to see who is the one snapping to Cam this week..

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
It's going to be interesting to see who is the one snapping to Cam this week..
Froholdt. I thought that was already known but maybe I’m confused. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Hopefully Froholdt is ready to go, assuming it's him he's a better athlete than Karras was.

Maybe Thuney will make the line calls?

Our running game will likely suffer. Ian is right. Andrews is a game changer. He’s almost as good as the Raiders starting center, Rodney Hudson, who is the second highest paid at the position, earning over $11 million a year.
Our DTs will have their hands full. The game will be won in the trenches. Advantage Raiders?

If you have never lost the use of your right hand, let me tell you, their are a number of things you only do with your right hand. I severly burnt my right arm when I was 19, I couldn't use it for anything. Luckily I had a willing GF at the time to fill the most pressing need, however, I challenge any of you to try and wipe with your left, its just something you have never done in your life. There are numerous other challenges, but I'll leave it at that.

The most logical thing might be to move him to guard until his finger heals, Mason was touted as switching to center coming out in the draft. If this is going to be a long term injury, that might be the best fix.

For a team that relies on the run game as much as this one, we're going to need the backup to play well. Otherwise, I don't see the offense getting a whole lot done.

Is it possible Mason or Thuney snap and Andrews plays guard? I thought Mason played center at one point at Georgia Tech?

I guess it is a good thing we brought Ferentz back to the practice squad... I guess it's better than nothing... maybe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes