PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrew Luck to IR: Colts (un)officially in the hunt for a top 3 pick

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Colts announced on Thursday that Luck is going on injured reserve, which means he won’t be practicing or playing for the rest of the season. Now that the waiting game of many months has come to an end, the quarterback told the team’s website that he’s shifting his focus to 2018 and beyond.

“I wish I was better and 100 percent this season, but that’s not the case,” Luck said. “I know I’ll be better from this. I know I’ll be a better quarterback, teammate, person and player from this, and I’m excited for the future.”

Andrew Luck to IR, won’t play in 2017

The starting QB job's yours for the year, Jacoby. Unless that O-line gets you killed, of course.

Theory - the new GM saw the offensive line and Brissett getting sacked 10 times in a game saw how bad of a coach Chuck Pagano was and never intended to play Luck at all this season and they only made it seem like he would play to sell PSLs and season tickets.

Everything else was just a cover story so it seems like they intended to play him and weren't tanking, they did the same with Peyton Manning in 2011.

They announce this in pre season and lose millions of dollars.

They're going to end up picking 3rd, they have to trade this pick right?

Long predicted and no surprise.

It's too bad what Andrew Luck has had to endure playing for the Colts. It reminds me of Archie Manning and the Saints. Perhaps some day Luck will get a team more worthy of his talent.

Will any sports journalist in Indianapolis put it together that Luck’s injury issues began in 2015, the same season footballs started being under tight control and were all inflated to the league guidelines? If Luck played in New England, Shank, Felger, Volin, Reimer, etc would be racing to see who could that theory out first.

Starting that farce of a controversy sure has paid huge dividends for the Colts :rolleyes:

Lets say Luck checks out ok after this would anybody be opposed to him being Brady's eventual successor?? I think Luck is going to be really good for his next Team.

Theory - the new GM saw the offensive line and Brissett getting sacked 10 times in a game saw how bad of a coach Chuck Pagano was and never intended to play Luck at all this season and they only made it seem like he would play to sell PSLs and season tickets.

Everything else was just a cover story so it seems like they intended to play him and weren't tanking, they did the same with Peyton Manning in 2011.

They announce this in pre season and lose millions of dollars.

They're going to end up picking 3rd, they have to trade this pick right?

This is a very good overview of what the Colts did and why! Thank you.

That sucks for Luck. They need to fix that OL otherwise they are just wasting Luck's career.

Good luck to Brissett making it through the season injury free.

The colts have really ****ed Andrew Luck over the last few years. Never given him a O-line or a half decent running back.

Lets say Luck checks out ok after this would anybody be opposed to him being Brady's eventual successor?? I think Luck is going to be really good for his next Team.
There would obviously be worse options, but TBH I've never thought Luck was ALL THAT - he's a very good QB, who is prone to making poor decisions.

Suck with Luck, Suck without Luck

Might just be "Out of Luck" or Irsayed for an abbreviation.

Too bad for Luck, but I don't think he's ever lived up to the hype anyway. And now he's damaged goods going forward. Good job Colts. Hopefully Jacoby will survive ok there for the rest of the season.

Writing was on the wall a long time ago. Indy is actually doing the smart thing here not bringing him back behind that OL. What a travesty if you’re a Colts fan. You are lucky enough to have a talent like Luck follow Peyton... only to see the front office completely wreck the poor guy behind a turnstile of an OL.

Too bad for Luck, but I don't think he's ever lived up to the hype anyway. And now he's damaged goods going forward. Good job Colts.

Altho he's made a lot of money, and is set for life presumably, I do feel bad for him career-wise. Andrew Luck has kind of been in the football version of an abusive relationship.

On the one hand Brisset lucked into some playing time, but on the other, this could damage his career, because the OL sucks, and he isnt ready to play, so he is going to have a lot of bad football on film.

I wonder if it ever happened that all 3 QBs one team had on the roster before the start of the league would be regular starters on different teams in the same season?

Career trajectory of a rich man's David Carr.

On the one hand Brisset lucked into some playing time, but on the other, this could damage his career, because the OL sucks, and he isnt ready to play, so he is going to have a lot of bad football on film.
Pre-Season quality during the regular season...

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back