PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrew Luck is awesome!

Luck puts up 27 points vs a 2-6 Texans team who just lost their head coach and he's the best ever.

Brady puts up 55 points vs a 2-6 Steelers team with the #2 passing defense in the league and it's ho hum?

Ok. Let's prepare Luck's bust for Canton. Heck, let's vote him in right now!!

You missed the "might become" part of the sentence you quoted. I do not understand why it is that on this board everything has to be dichotomised. Respect for Luck does not mean a lack of respect for Brady.

Great player. Will be in the Peyton, Brady, Rogers, Brees level within a year or two.

The guy does not have anywhere near the supporting cast, yet finds ways to get it done. He's scary, and IMO way better than Wilson or even RG3

Don't forget that he walks on water and turns water to wine. ;)

Seriously guys?? This is news? Luck was only the #1 pick in the NFL a couple of years ago. How on earth is this surprising??

The Pats are never bad enough to be in position to draft an obviously good player like Luck. So they are gonna have to get 'lucky' again to find the next Tom Brady in the latter rounds. And frankly we probably will never get a player as good as Brady again. But I'd settle for a successor somewhere in talent level between Tom and Drew, if he exists!

You never know...Breed was a second round pick, and Rodgers fell to the late first. There's talent at the end of the first.

Ever wondered what Manning and Luck combined would look like? I never did, but here's a picture anyway.
WZVJTAk.jpg

Oh ... man. Little warning next time, OK?

I've been watching College ball for many years, like a few others on here, and no-one has ever made me go 'wow' the way Luck did. In terms of Quarterbacks anyway.

The kid is a megastar in waiting, it was obvious as soon as you saw him for even a half when he was at Stanford.

Great player, this guy. But he was number one pick and highly touted coming into the draft. You can't be too surprised by it.

He has Brian Boitano's mouth, on an irrelevant note. Wonder what he looks like on figure skates?

I agree OP, I like him too. Like I said in other posts picking him was really a no-brainer. The kid is all about football and his size, speed and strength compliment that drive and those smarts. The kid is gonna be great.

I know people are going to rip me, but I don't care. He is just very great! I'd never want anyone other than Brady, but if Brady wasn't available, Luck would be my second choice... yes.. over Peyton. He is just a very likable guy. Very un-assuming and very good.

If Andrew Luck stays healthy he'll be an all-time great. Tremendous player and he's still an NFL baby. I'd trade Brady for Luck in a second and I'll bet Belichick would too.

I really like him as a player and I have no doubt that at the end of the day he will go down as one of the best to ever play this position but I hate the way he ended up as a Colt.

The Colts had over a decade of one the greatest QBs of all time and after a few games they see they aren't good enough and begin to suck for Luck. You know other franchises deserved this SO much more. Like the Browns, Jaguars or the Vikings and they simply gave up. I mean they got the greatest reward for being inept, having no plan B and not giving a damn about the fans that paid for tickets and being very lucky. I still think that since that 2012 NFL draft something should've changed, that makes tanking even harder. No chance in hell that that Colts team sucks this much if the reward is the highest pick in the 2013 NFL draft.

I honestly don't understand this thread. :confused:

The kid is going to easily retire as the best quarterback of his draft class, and probably with more championship rings than Manning. He's the real deal and the Colts are lucky to go from Manning to him. I don't think he's quite ready yet, but they are putting together a solid team out there in Indy (their clown of an owner aside) and have three signature wins on the season. When they adjust to not having Reggie Wayne, they'll be a tough out in the playoffs.

I love Luck. He has the "clutch gene". He can move, escape, and has courage in the pocket. I do think he needs to work on his intermediate accuracy, and avoid becoming to "Big Benish" in the pocket. He really hunkers down in there and takes a lot of unnecessary shots.

I honestly don't understand this thread. :confused:

Why so confused Tune?? Young QB Andrew Luck was on the Sunday night game and brought his team back from a big deficit on the road to win in Houston. (Was impressed with Houston's kid QB Keenum also)

Oh wait, I forgot, some pinkies take offense if Patriot fans express appreciation and awe of non-Patriot players in the NFL.
How sad....for the pinkies that is. To live in such a closed world..... :rolleyes:

Aaron Rodgers fell to 24 right? But we'll probably trade that pick for a 2nd rounder. ;)

If Andrew Luck stays healthy he'll be an all-time great. Tremendous player and he's still an NFL baby. I'd trade Brady for Luck in a second and I'll bet Belichick would too.

"No quarterback I'd rather have than Tom Brady." -Bill Belichick

"No quarterback I'd rather have than Tom Brady." -Bill Belichick

That was September of this year. BB has since had time to reassess, and now sees Rhody's wisdom.:rolleyes:

As a relative rookie, those complaining about Brady would be seeking to lynch Luck if he took Brady's place. Luck, as a relative rookie still finding his own footing, would likely be an unmitigated disaster in this system. Brady showed yesterday that word of his demise has been greatly exaggerated.

Will Luck be a great QB? He should be, barring injury or a system that collapses around him. Those are two unpredictable factors, but he has all the necessary skills in abundance and appears to know how to play to extend his career. The same was said of Brady, and he had to deal with a possible career ending injury the year after his best season ever. Such is life in the NFL. But his success is not a surprise to anyone who watched him play in college.

I watched him live in person at Lucas Oil. He has a bad team but finds a way to make plays. I left that game very impressed with his play. He's for real.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back