PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrew Luck is awesome!

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I know people are going to rip me, but I don't care. He is just very great! I'd never want anyone other than Brady, but if Brady wasn't available, Luck would be my second choice... yes.. over Peyton. He is just a very likable guy. Very un-assuming and very good.

In other news, water is wet and the sky is blue.

He has it all. All the physical skills, the accuracy, the smarts, the NFL pedigree, the attitude, the "it" factor that shows itself when he is on the comeback trail. Just a great, great player already and just getting started.

He has it all. All the physical skills, the accuracy, the smarts, the NFL pedigree, the attitude, the "it" factor that shows itself when he is on the comeback trail. Just a great, great player already and just getting started.

Don't forget that he walks on water and turns water to wine. ;)

Seriously guys?? This is news? Luck was only the #1 pick in the NFL a couple of years ago. How on earth is this surprising??

The Pats are never bad enough to be in position to draft an obviously good player like Luck. So they are gonna have to get 'lucky' again to find the next Tom Brady in the latter rounds. And frankly we probably will never get a player as good as Brady again. But I'd settle for a successor somewhere in talent level between Tom and Drew, if he exists!

The kid might become one of the best ever.

We don't take kindly to those who root for other quarterbacks here.

skeeter.jpg

He might be one of the best ever, and he might not.

His quickness is comparable to RG3, yet he is a pocket passer. And he is intelligent (that is not implying RG3 is not intelligent, just that Luck has brains in addition to his speed and arm). He should be the total package as an NFL QB. With an 80 QBR in his career, probably not time to anoint him the greatest ever. He has to prove a great deal more to reach that level.

RG3 was rocking last year, but one injury can change all of that. Let's not go crazy after beating the now 2-6 Texans. That team has a few issues, to put it kindly.

It did help him a bit that the opposing coach left for the hospital. Houston was ahead 21-3 when the coach left. I would note that Houston scored 3 points in the second half with their play-caller in the hospital.

But, yes, Luck did a fine job. He is a really good young quarterback. Perhaps in a few years he might be half as good as the top 4 quarterbacks in the NFL today, or not.

if fish carried luggage, who would know???

It did help him a bit that the opposing coach left for the hospital. Houston was ahead 21-3 when the coach left. I would note that Houston scored 3 points in the second half with their play-caller in the hospital.

But, yes, Luck did a fine job. He is a really good young quarterback. Perhaps in a few years he might be half as good as the top 4 quarterbacks in the NFL today, or not.

He's already a lot better than "half as good as the top 4 quarterbacks".

"Half" was obviously an exaggeration.

I simply think that he has a long way to go before he is as good as the 4 top QB's now in the NFL.

He's already a lot better than "half as good as the top 4 quarterbacks".

The kid might become one of the best ever.

Luck puts up 27 points vs a 2-6 Texans team who just lost their head coach and he's the best ever.

Brady puts up 55 points vs a 2-6 Steelers team with the #2 passing defense in the league and it's ho hum?

Ok. Let's prepare Luck's bust for Canton. Heck, let's vote him in right now!!

if fish carried luggage, who would know???

Probably Davy Jones. But aside from that, Andrew Luck is one homely mutha.

Attachments

• Luck.jpg
    Luck.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 92
I like the guy. He doesn't seem full of himself like I would be if I was that good at anything. I heard this was his 10th come from behind win in his first 1 1/2 seasons. They guy has ice in his veins.

I like the guy. He doesn't seem full of himself like I would be if I was that good at anything. I heard this was his 10th come from behind win in his first 1 1/2 seasons. They guy has ice in his veins.

Andy Dalton has 9. And Tim Tebow has 7. I recall Luck had a number of them last year, but I also recall the Colts falling behind some teams on a weak schedule.

Again, not to take anything away from Luck and what his future might hold, but he just beat a 2-6 Texans team, so it isn't like doing it in the Super Bowl. The Texans are a disaster this year.

I don't know what you're seeing that makes you take that jab at Luck, however, I don't really think there is any good argument to be made that he is only "half as good as the top 4 quarterbacks". IMHO that is a damning statement that is fairly far from the truth.
His ability to win games when it's on the line and in general lead his team to victories has been fairly impressive for an NFL newby that had a lot of weight put on his shoulders: He was replacing a legend/had sky high expectations put on him/he was leading a team that was in significant transition and all all of this right from his first snap as an NFL QB. On a side note, it irks me that Indy could get so fortunate to have PM get hurt causing their season to tank causing them to end up with Luck. IMHO their irritating blowhard GM should have created enough bad karma that Indy wasn't deserving of such good fortune........but it is what it is.

For all the apple polishing that was done for Luck without having first thrown an NFL pass (something that occurs to some degree with a player or two or three every year) Luck's not only largely come through but he's been an easy guy to like. I'd compare him to Wilson on quite a few fronts. Seattle, IMHO, has an unlikeable team yet Wilson has remained likeable along with showing an impressive ability to perform in the clutch. And while for me there are the Patriots and then there is one big mass of everybody else, when it doesn't effect the Patriots I generally root for the good guys to succeed and the blowhards like Indy's former GM or someone like Pollard to end up falling flat.

I would hate to play Andrew Luck in the playoffs. Luck seemingly never gets phased by anything and in clutch situations he usually comes through.

A Patriots/Colts AFC Championship would be pretty sweet. I would be sweating bullets though

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back