PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And then there were none...See ya Yodny

entire 2019 draft class gone before the start of the 2023 season!

Can't add to anything about the 2019 draft class that hasn't already been said. Water under the bridge now.

Unless they're planning on using that savings to help sign somebody of significance, then why not simply use him up during TC and then spit him out at the end of it? I can't imagine there was some big sum from that amount due soon or anything...

Unless they're planning on using that savings to help sign somebody of significance, then why not simply use him up during TC and then spit him out at the end of it? I can't imagine there was some big sum from that amount due soon or anything...

I agree, captain, but I'm not so sure he would be available. Yodny and the tub have formed a club, you see.. Yodny hasn't been around enough ever, and I do think there is, or was, some good talent there.

At first I was kind of surprised when I read this. I kind of agree with the captain, that why not just let him compete with the rest of large group of OT candidate and let the chips fall where they may. But I don't think adding $3MM in cap savings is going to lead to the signing of ANYONE "significant", even though it opens a roster spot and a money enough to sign a veteran body who MIGHT help in the end.

I'm kind of disappointed that we haven't yet signed an XFL guy to a contract. You have to think that at least a dozen or so guys who played there are worthy of a closer look in TC. I know a very few have already been signed. Where is our XFL guy. Maybe they are looked closer at some USFL prospect? I don't know.

They’d rather spend time on the other linemen, especially the rookies?

At first I was kind of surprised when I read this. I kind of agree with the captain, that why not just let him compete with the rest of large group of OT candidate and let the chips fall where they may. But I don't think adding $3MM in cap savings is going to lead to the signing of ANYONE "significant", even though it opens a roster spot and a money enough to sign a veteran body who MIGHT help in the end.

I'm kind of disappointed that we haven't yet signed an XFL guy to a contract. You have to think that at least a dozen or so guys who played there are worthy of a closer look in TC. I know a very few have already been signed. Where is our XFL guy. Maybe they are looked closer at some USFL prospect? I don't know.
He did compete and lost the first day of showing up. It sends a strong message to all the new lineman.

I kind of agree with the captain, that why not just let him compete with the rest of large group of OT candidate and let the chips fall where they may.
If it's part of planning for an extension for the rather large list of pending 2024 free agents...no huge issue with this.

I honestly can't even make the "letting him go early so he can get in on the ground floor of another team's offseason" excuse since he's 1) not really a vested vet and 2) the exact reason you gave - it makes more sense to at least see if he can stay healthy and contribute in most of the pre-season before looking at Step 1 as an option.

At least we had some decent production out of Damien Harris..

I actually wouldn't have minded re-signing him at the same price Barfalo paid... But I think he might've wanted out anyway...

Going from the Penthouse to the Outhouse. Cajuste signing with the Jets.

Odds to win AFC East Division​

• Bills +130 (bet $100 to win $130)
  • Jets +250 (bet $100 to win $250)
  • Dolphins +290 (bet $100 to win $290)
  • Patriots +750 (bet $100 to win $750)

Odds to win AFC East Division
  • Bills +130 (bet $100 to win $130)
  • Jets +250 (bet $100 to win $250)
  • Dolphins +290 (bet $100 to win $290)
  • Patriots +750 (bet $100 to win $750)
Yeah, this looks right. The most obvious variable is Tua’s fragile health for Miami. His absence could make them land in fourth just behind us.

Yeah, this looks right. The most obvious variable is Tua’s fragile health for Miami. His absence could make them land in fourth just behind us.
I'll be shocked if Tua makes it through next season. Hell, he might not even make it to next season.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back