PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And the new staring Quarterback is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Named starting QB and voted a team captain. Add in reports about him showing up consistently first in the facilities and bringing a lot of energy into the locker room and so far this has been working out amazingly well.

Now lets see what he still has in his tank..

Good for Cam! I hope he balls out. I was hoping “Stiddy” would have put up a better fight.

he has when he was not injured. I hope Cam has still something left otherwise with this roster it will be brutal.

tenor.gif

Expected but still pumped!!!

Named starting QB and voted a team captain. Add in reports about him showing up consistently first in the facilities and bringing a lot of energy into the locker room and so far this has been working out amazingly well.

Now lets see what he still has in his tank..

It really has been going very well. He's even looked better as a passer than anticipated according to many beat guys. Very excited to see it on the field. The OL looks good, the RBs will hopefully be good (if Damien Harris is as good as advertised that will be sweet). WR is a huge question mark right now but if the running game is strong it may not be a huge deal?

I'm starting to wonder when they start extension talks... They can afford it.

It was bound to happen. Stidham is a career back-up and nothing more. I have my questions about how much Cam has left in his legs as well as his ability to stay healthy throughout a full season, but there’s no question he’s the better QB right now. Plus, when I heard that he was the first guy in and the last guy out of the building every day, I figured he was a lock to be the starter.

It was bound to happen. Stidham is a career back-up and nothing more. I have my questions about how much Cam has left in his legs as well as his ability to stay healthy throughout a full season, but there’s no question he’s the better QB right now. Plus, when I heard that he was the first guy in and the last guy out of the building every day, I figured he was a lock to be the starter.
Hmm, pretty amazing you can judge Stidham without ever seeing him play in the pros. Losing out as a second year player to a probowl QB doesn't really necessarily mean you suck, especially when you miss some of training camp with an injury, but you probably have that inside scoop.

Good for Cam! I hope he balls out. I was hoping “Stiddy” would have put up a better fight.

Yeah Stidham put almost no resistance.

Hmm, pretty amazing you can judge Stidham without ever seeing him play in the pros. Losing out as a second year player to a probowl QB doesn't really necessarily mean you suck, especially when you miss some of training camp with an injury, but you probably have that inside scoop.
I’ve scouted/watched him since he was in high school as the Gators were rumored to be in pursuit of him as a prospect. So yeah, I have a pretty good idea of his skill set. And I never said he sucked. Career back-up =/= sucking. That’s a word you conjured up all on your own. Perhaps read the post twice or maybe three times next time in order to help with understanding, if necessary.

EDIT: Oh, and we have seen him play in the pros. Pick-6 and yanked immediately. According to reports of his camp, not much changed.

I knew he was going to start over Stidham.
The question will be if he can stay healthy a full season.
Hopefully less running and more passing. Let the running backs do all the running because we are very thin atm.
I expect a rebuild year on offense.

I hope Cam stays healthy and plays well, but if not, we very well may see Stid play this year.

Good for Cam. He was given a chance and he made the most of it. I was against his signing originally, but I hope he proves me wrong.

On another topic, anyone find it interesting that players like Cam & Andrews get voted capt but JE11 doesn’t ?

I hope Cam stays healthy and plays well, but if not, we very well may see Stid play this year.
I’m thinking we will likely see Stidham. Cam enjoys running head-first into LBs from time to time. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

And the new staring Quarterback is....

has Cam been training with Gase?

I’m thinking we will likely see Stidham. Cam enjoys running head-first into LBs from time to time. Hopefully he proves me wrong.
I've gotta wonder if his playing style changes a little bit. More designed runs and less improvisation? More throwing it away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back