PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And the donkeys lose!

dannydyn

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it deserves a thread.

Bye bye undefeated season.... ;)

Reality check has finally brought the donkeys back to earth. Your easy schedule has finally caught up to you. Thank you Colts!

A bitter-sweet ending to this Sunday.

If the playoff standings held up Broncos would visit Foxboro in the 1st round. .

Thankfully, I can wake up tomorrow knowing that I will not need to eat one of my shoes for breakfast :rolleyes:.

The day is a little brighter now.

Yes, it deserves a thread.

Bye bye undefeated season.... ;)

Reality check has finally brought the donkeys back to earth. Your easy schedule has finally caught up to you. Thank you Colts!

A bitter-sweet ending to this Sunday.

Definitely worthy of its own thread if for no other reason than reminding some that 'invincible' is a misnomer (those that forgot 2007). That the tired adage 'on any given Sunday' still applies. That week 7 of an NFL season does not determine what team is the tallest mountain to climb in January.

Congrats to the Colts and especially Luck -- no one gave them much of a chance. To beat the invincible PM/Broncos in front of the fans that once loved him is a very noteworthy accomplishment. Luck seems like a good guy and, imho, a better guy than PM (though not a better QB).

Colts are the first good team they've played this year.

and the Colts beat them.

Denver (like KC) has beaten a bunch of bad teams.

nelson-muntz.gif

Indy has now beaten SEA, SF, and DEN all this season.

They have the potential to be a tough out themselves...

And I am glad that DEN lost of course, but we can't worry about other teams right now. Lots of work for our squad to fix.

We just gave up 177 yards on the ground today, made Kerley look like Rice, and went 1/12 on third down....

The upside is that they can get back to work and try to go into the bye at 7-2, which would be enormous in my opinion. In the meantime, a hungry and pissed off Dolphins team will be coming to town next Sunday, and the rejuvenated PIT squad may be coming into town 2 weeks from today with an attempt at a 4-4 record, so I don't take either game lightly.

And I am glad that DEN lost of course, but we can't worry about other teams right now. Lots of work for our squad to fix.

We just gave up 177 yards on the ground today, made Kerley look like Rice, and went 1/12 on third down....

The upside is that they can get back to work and try to go into the bye at 7-2, which would be enormous in my opinion. In the meantime, a hungry and pissed off Dolphins team will be coming to town next Sunday, and the rejuvenated PIT squad may be coming into town 2 weeks from today with an attempt at a 4-4 record, so I don't take either game lightly.

Yes, but OTOH, the Pats should be + some combination of Talib, Amendola, and Kelly by Week 9.

Yes, but OTOH, the Pats should be + some combination of Talib, Amendola, and Kelly by Week 9.

Oh, I didn't mean for it to come off as a chicken little post by any means. I still think we're in a great spot to head into the bye at 7-2 or 6-3. I just meant it as stating that we all know that the team did not play Patriots football today. That is not debatable.

1/12 on third down in the 7th game of the season with the mighty Gronk returning? 177 yds on the ground given up? A pick 6 by Brady? A 40/20 time of possession ratio?

To be honest, I'd have thought that we may have used up all our luck today for the entire season if they came back and won it--but that's just my opinion.

As you said, the return (hopeful) of some key players will help, although at the rate they are dropping, I wouldn't be totally shocked to see some other challenges come up too.

We just gave up 177 yards on the ground today

On 52 carries.

Just a little context. It's not like the Jets came out and were hitting holes for big runs. They had 4 runs over 8 yards. 2 of them were Geno Smith taking off for 12 and 14 yards, the other 2 were Ivory for 10 and 17 yards.

On 52 carries.

Just a little context. It's not like the Jets came out and were hitting holes for big runs. They had 4 runs over 8 yards. 2 of them were Geno Smith taking off for 12 and 14 yards, the other 2 were Ivory for 10 and 17 yards.

Fine and valid point regarding the number of carries, but even so the other points surely remain.

Any way you look at it, they still gave up 400+ yards and 30 pts to a team that they shouldn't have done that with, especially with a rookie QB and VERY limited skill position players.

The NYJ totally dominated the TOP ratio, converted their first 6 third down attempts and played very tough throughout. The pick six by Ryan totally changed the momentum of the game as the Jets were getting ready to score again from the red zone, so in that aspect even the first half was much closer.

The offense was 1/12 on third downs and only managed 2 FG's in the second half--yet again. The second half struggles have often been a huge key in the majority of our losses in the past few years.

Nothing about today showed "Patriots football" to me, aside from their ability to gut out a tie at the end, along with the nice pick six play.

On 52 carries.

The NY POST claims it was a huge breakout game for Chris Ivory...3.1 yards a carry...HUGE!!....anybody that doesn't see a tremendous letdown next week against Cincy in Cincy just doesn't know football...Ryan sold out to win THIS game ..and ended up looking like he always does.."WTF just happened?..Dur.."...he used all the cards in his deck to amp his team up...and they win on a hotly contested call that GAVE them the game. Ryan is going to rampo them up again for Cincy??? HOW???? He's an idiot, has always BEEN an idiot and while betting on the NFL may be idiotic at times, if you are ever going to take the plunge, do it this week with Cincy. They are going to blitz Tiny Ears back to the stone age.

Amendola's never CONSISTENTLY playing football again....play one game....take 6 off. I wouldn't include him in the "wait til we get this guy back " list....

The NY POST claims it was a huge breakout game for Chris Ivory...3.1 yards a carry...HUGE!!....anybody that doesn't see a tremendous letdown next week against Cincy in Cincy just doesn't know football...Ryan sold out to win THIS game ..and ended up looking like he always does.."WTF just happened?..Dur.."...he used all the cards in his deck to amp his team up...and they win on a hotly contested call that GAVE them the game. Ryan is going to rampo them up again for Cincy??? HOW???? He's an idiot, has always BEEN an idiot and while betting on the NFL may be idiotic at times, if you are ever going to take the plunge, do it this week with Cincy. They are going to blitz Tiny Ears back to the stone age.

The good thing about Jets winning is Rex will probably remain their coach for the foreseeable future, The Jets fans will probably not mind losing to both Bengals and Saints in the coming weeks since they already won their annual SB against the Pat.s

Any way you look at it, they still gave up 400+ yards and 30 pts to a team that they shouldn't have done that with, especially with a rookie QB and VERY limited skill position players.

Um, did you forget that the Patriots are starting 2 jags at DT, missing their pro bowl/all pro starting MLB, and possibly the best CB in the league?

************ man

Ahhhh, the Manning face. Good to see it raise its ginormous forehead. Made my day.

I am relieved. I can't even lie about it. Thank you Colts D and Luck being the real deal.

On 52 carries.

And how much time did those 52 carries eat up? How critical were the final few carries after the penalty in OT? The Jets destroyed the middle of the Pats D Line and anyone who can't see that the run defense will likely be a problem from this point forward hasn't been watching the same game I've been watching. I like the two rookies, but they are being asked to do a lot more than they ideally would in their young careers.

You guys and your micro view of everything. Stats don't *****ing matter. You have to consider the situation. Our beloved BB talks about it all the time. The Jets did exactly what they were supposed to do on the ground and in the air. They played the better game and, bogus penalty or not, they won as a result.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back