PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And now for something that'll make you smile

BTTA

He/Him
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Old friend Logan Ryan is volunteering and supporting my wife's organization as....a foster family for kittens. :)

If that don't make you smile, please get help!

She'll (my wife) will be visiting this location/campus and will meet with him and his family at that time. She already has strong connections with Max and Erica Scherzer, and promises me that "there's more former Patriots news on the horizon that'll blow your mind" (but doesn't trust me on this forum to give me info until it is public).

My daughter owns a Cat Cafe and also worked for the same Humane Society she interned for in college that ultimately inspired the idea. She got a business loan with a couple of her friends and opened it a few years ago and they're doing really well, adopting out over 1000 cats in I think about a year and a half...I think it is? Which is definitely pretty amazing.

Needless to say, best wishes to your wife, that's just really, really cool :cool:

My daughter owns a Cat Cafe and also worked for the same Humane Society she interned for in college that ultimately inspired the idea. She got a business loan with a couple of her friends and opened it a few years ago and they're doing really well, adopting out over 1000 cats in I think about a year and a half...I think it is? Which is definitely pretty amazing.

Needless to say, best wishes to your wife, that's just really, really cool :cool:

@Ian that's very cool. My wife's organization is headquartered in DC and they have relationships with a bunch of organizations like that. My favorite is the "Blue Collar Cat" where workplaces adopt a cat to keep the rodent population in check. They become mini celebrities and in retail even attract customers.

Where's you daughter's cafe? I'd like to get the word out with my wife's colleagues.

Last edited:
Our family is a mixture of Cat and Dog people. I can't think of anything that's as cute as a kitten or puppy.

Which reminds me of these diaries...

** Excerpts from a Dog's Diary **
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

** Excerpts from a Cat's Diary **
Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards! There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage. Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs. I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously ******ed. The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe... For now...

ilove GIF by gnash

Good story tho.

Our family is a mixture of Cat and Dog people. I can't think of anything that's as cute as a kitten or puppy.

Which reminds me of these diaries...

** Excerpts from a Dog's Diary **
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

** Excerpts from a Cat's Diary **
Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards! There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage. Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs. I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously ******ed. The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe... For now...

I've seen that dozens of times and it makes me smile every time.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
I miss Logan Ryan...even if he gave up that TD before halftime in SB 49 and intercepted Brady's last pass as a Patriot....

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
Or looking at you with hate and malice in their eyes.
I love all animals pretty much. We have a cat. He’s good, but he does have that look of malice quite often. I pretended it was just just me projecting onto him. But when he comes up on my lap to get love he has a loving expression. So there it is. Real malice. He’s in waking up my wife right now.

I love all animals pretty much. We have a cat. He’s good, but he does have that look of malice quite often. I pretended it was just just me projecting onto him. But when he comes up on my lap to get love he has a loving expression. So there it is. Real malice. He’s in waking up my wife right now.
We have a cat, she's probably about 16 now, she has resting b!tch face. She was pretty aloof her whole life, one of two we had. They were/are outside cats, meaning they can come and go as they see fit. One night about 5-6 years ago, one of them didn't return home. She's been much more friendly since then. She definitely prefers my son to everyone else. She will allow me to pet her if I do it right, and she's in the mood. She will put her paw on you when she is looking for attention, but you need to do it her way, otherwise she gets aggravated and leaves. Now in her old age, even when she goes outside, she doesn't leave sight of the house.

Always have been a dog person. I grew up showing and breeding Airedales. But since I graduated and have been on my own, I have rescued 5 Airedales, have 2 failed foster Rottweilers, and we rescued one of the ugliest dogs you have ever seen. She is just butt ugly, but when I saw her, 12 years, I didn't think anyone else would adopt her so we did.

Most people don't know what an Airedale is, they are not for the faint of heart, here is a picture. They are about 70-110 lbs of love and joy, but are frat boys and naughty as hell, but also intense hunters and forbidden at many hunting competitions along with Pit Bulls.

1646067217373.png

Always have been a dog person. I grew up showing and breeding Airedales. But since I graduated and have been on my own, I have rescued 5 Airedales, have 2 failed foster Rottweilers, and we rescued one of the ugliest dogs you have ever seen. She is just butt ugly, but when I saw her, 12 years, I didn't think anyone else would adopt her so we did.

Most people don't know what an Airedale is, they are not for the faint of heart, here is a picture. They are about 70-110 lbs of love and joy, but are frat boys and naughty as hell, but also intense hunters and forbidden at many hunting competitions along with Pit Bulls.

I want a photo of Butt Ugly.
"Failed Foster" is one of my favorite terms of irony.

View attachment 41448
2nd the call for butt ugly pic…

Nice! And yeah, makes me smile.

My sister started and runs a massive feral cat catch, spay/neuter/treat (adopt if possible) shelter down in Maryland.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back