PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An anti-Patriot scribble for your entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well written and insightful.

Piggybacking onto this track of thought, I'd like to talk to you about the problems with Denver.

Denver has a notorious rep throughout the league for producing dirty players and "gangstas." Much like U of Miami, Denver has recently seen one of its players killed by gun violence. Mike Shanahan traded a 2nd round pick for Dre Bly, a problem player who wore out his welcome in Detroit, and further wasted a couple of picks to move up in the first round to select a player - Jarvis Moss - from an athletics program even more notorious than Miami's, as they graduate fewer student athletes.

If Dre Bly is so spectacular, why would the Lions - a team in need of good players - want to trade him?

Clearly these moves indicate that Shanahan is on the way out and is desperate for one last hurrah. Denver might win a Super Bowl soon, but Shanahan likely won't be there to see it.

Let there be no confusion about my take on this! These moves were terrible! They are so bad they will probably result in Denver winning the Super Bowl. And if they don't, then they'll have been even worse than I thought.

Everyone who disagrees with me is a dumbass.

Enjoy paint thinner boys. I know I do.

Who says we can't play the "no respect" card this year?

Who says we can't play the "no respect" card this year?

Maybe, but not because of this article. I've seen better written diatribes on Jetsinsider than what this peon wrote. I'm guessing not too many people would lose sleep over this tools ramblings.

Maybe, but not because of this article. I've seen better written diatribes on Jetsinsider than what this peon wrote. I'm guessing not too many people would lose sleep over this tools ramblings.

I admit that uncharitable thoughts about what should be done to this writer occurred to me when I read that. :D

At least he admits in the artile that he's "not a pats fans" and basically and A-hole in general.

Cramden,your post summarizes my thoughts on this guy "to a tee"!

This guy doesn't even earn the right to be peed on. Felger, Borges (when back), and a host of national writers have already punched their ticket.

why do you care about what some blogger writes? Go check his profile. He's just some Rams dope with an opinion.

Great site...wow...I'm floored...and just look at these famous, insightful contributors

Top Writers
Ryan Alberti
Adnan Tezer
Adam Amick
Trey Bradley
Richard Bowler
J.C. Hagan
Francois Gendron

Francois and Adnan are the TOPS!!!

Well written and insightful.

Alright, put the bong down, set the speed aside for a while, and come back to Earth and join the rest of us. There was nothing resembling insight in that article.

Piggybacking onto this track of thought, I'd like to talk to you about the problems with Denver.

Ahhh. Now we get to the crux of the matter....

Denver has a notorious rep throughout the league for producing dirty players and "gangstas." Much like U of Miami, Denver has recently seen one of its players killed by gun violence. Mike Shanahan traded a 2nd round pick for Dre Bly, a problem player who wore out his welcome in Detroit, and further wasted a couple of picks to move up in the first round to select a player - Jarvis Moss - from an athletics program even more notorious than Miami's, as they graduate fewer student athletes.

Don't pin the Williams murder on Shanahan. Although Denver does have the rep you mention, the organization was not responsible for that tragedy. A lot of young athletes coming into professional sports are influenced by the "gangsta" mentality that permeates much of American inner city sub-culture. It's more a problem of impressionable youth rather than a nefarious football team's modus operendi.

If Dre Bly is so spectacular, why would the Lions - a team in need of good players - want to trade him?

That's self-evident, I think. Bly is a slightly above-average defensive back who liked to gamble (on the field!), and sometimes brought about spectacular plays. But he's the kind of player about whom it can accurately be said, "When he was good, he was very good, but when he was bad, he was horrible." My label for him is a "classic trick-or-treat player".

Clearly these moves indicate that Shanahan is on the way out and is desperate for one last hurrah. Denver might win a Super Bowl soon, but Shanahan likely won't be there to see it.

Shanahan would have to commit multiple murder, billion-dollar white collar crimes like embezzlement, and mass pedophilia before Bowden lets go of him. He can coach in that dusty cow town for as long as he wants, and apparently that's going to be quite a while.

I'm glad you see a "Super Bowl soon" for that team, because I sure don't.

Let there be no confusion about my take on this! These moves were terrible! They are so bad they will probably result in Denver winning the Super Bowl. And if they don't, then they'll have been even worse than I thought.

This is convoluted logic, the kind employed by admirers of that team after they traded for/signed the old Cleveland Browns defensive line collection of misfits and losers. He (Shanahan) got them to play for a while on adrenaline, but eventually that wears off. So did the mystique of the Denver Browncos.

Everyone who disagrees with me is a dumbass.

Ever consider a career in writing? Or better yet, politics?
Enjoy paint thinner boys. I know I do.

Yes, I'll bet you do....

As an aside, I see where Woody Paige, writing in the Denver Post this morning, advocates the Broncos signing Keyshawn Johnson. Randy Moss wasn't good enough for him. Now it's the well-traveled bad boy that's the cure for what ails this Super Bowl pretender.

Uh-huh....

this guy is just some small fry looking for attention.

I've been back and forth with Mike Silver (who ripped us big time in SI)...the thing about the national media is that they -- for the most part -- don't like the Pats organizationally....this shouldn't be news to anyone....it's not just the Globe.

Let's be honest, the media is treated with contempt and manipulated for the Pats benefit....and if you can't accept that, then at least accept that it is the widespread perception within the mainstream media.

more power to us....that's just the way we operate. You don't have to make friends with the media if you don't think it will benefit you.

Not judging it, just trying to explain why everyone is now coming out of the woodwork now and acting like we've suddenly sold our soul.

throughout Bill's career he's been known to take on punks and discipline projects -- you can go all the way back to Taylor....there was no bigger punk. We've had our share of malcontents along the way and Moss is an immature clown....not a criminal...he wants a ring now, so for a year he'll fit in....probably even be a positive force....imagine that!

The other factor of course is that the country is sick of us. We're dominant, we're a dynasty. People like to sympathize with articles like this because it gives them HOPE. The draft is usually when BAD teams steal headlines....this story totally corrupted the draft and the fallout from it starting last Monday....that's why so many people are pissed.

Silver admitted to me privately that he thinks it could work (though he also listed the names of some former teammates of Moss who have nothing positive to say about him)....and that he's going to focus on being less pissed at a clown like Moss and start focusing more of his anger on a certain QB who looks to have been financing rampant animal abuse.

Alright, put the bong down, set the speed aside for a while, and come back to Earth and join the rest of us. There was nothing resembling insight in that article...

I'm pretty sure unoriginal was being sarcastic there.

Alright, put the bong down, set the speed aside for a while, and come back to Earth and join the rest of us. There was nothing resembling insight in that article.

Ahhh. Now we get to the crux of the matter....

Don't pin the Williams murder on Shanahan. Although Denver does have the rep you mention, the organization was not responsible for that tragedy. A lot of young athletes coming into professional sports are influenced by the "gangsta" mentality that permeates much of American inner city sub-culture. It's more a problem of impressionable youth rather than a nefarious football team's modus operendi.

That's self-evident, I think. Bly is a slightly above-average defensive back who liked to gamble (on the field!), and sometimes brought about spectacular plays. But he's the kind of player about whom it can accurately be said, "When he was good, he was very good, but when he was bad, he was horrible." My label for him is a "classic trick-or-treat player".

Shanahan would have to commit multiple murder, billion-dollar white collar crimes like embezzlement, and mass pedophilia before Bowden lets go of him. He can coach in that dusty cow town for as long as he wants, and apparently that's going to be quite a while.

I'm glad you see a "Super Bowl soon" for that team, because I sure don't.

This is convoluted logic, the kind employed by admirers of that team after they traded for/signed the old Cleveland Browns defensive line collection of misfits and losers. He (Shanahan) got them to play for a while on adrenaline, but eventually that wears off. So did the mystique of the Denver Browncos.

Ever consider a career in writing? Or better yet, politics?

Yes, I'll bet you do....

As an aside, I see where Woody Paige, writing in the Denver Post this morning, advocates the Broncos signing Keyshawn Johnson. Randy Moss wasn't good enough for him. Now it's the well-traveled bad boy that's the cure for what ails this Super Bowl pretender.

Uh-huh....
Me and you, we speak the same language. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes