PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola's Neighbors Are Mad at Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

I first thought it was crazy, but then I realized it was Benefit St. I lived one street over for a couple years. You have to know that street. It is thin, and it is lined with the oldest Colonials in providence, which are lined up right next to each other. Each house has a historic marker. Half of them are owned by Brown U. so I wonder who the neighbors are. Any time you move into a place like this, you're going to have these issues.

On the other hand, I have to hand it to Amendola for moving into College Hill. It is on a beautiful bluff in Providence, and it is very very windy since the bluff sits right over the Providence River. Brrrrrr.......

4 games suspension .... with good behavior he may get it down to 3.

Seriously ... that's a historical area ... and that carport looks like ****.
Amendola liking those Brown and RISD girls?.... keep an eye on him Kaye ha.
AmendolaOne_360_409.png

Amendola probably didn't realize it was not allowed. NBD. Take it down, be done with it.

CarportGate goes live !
Open up the sub-forum Ian .

A "non historic structure" has been built.
Safe spaces have been violated. Views have been destroyed.
The Integrity of Providence is at stake. Which means the integrity of the NFL is at stake.

That's funny, I didn't know he lived there. I lived one block up from there on Pratt St from 2011-2012. Loved it. Best place to live in RI, in my opinion. I tell people that when my kids are done H.S. I'm moving to Benefit St.

And yes, it's petty but it's an historic neighborhood and nothing is supposed to be done to the outside of homes without permission. You want a carport, move to Barrington.

Safe spaces have been violated.

Get out of here with your political sarcasm...bet all the old rich whites living in that neighborhood hate the "wussy PC crowd" just as much as you do.

Get out of here with your political sarcasm...bet all the old rich whites living in that neighborhood hate the "wussy PC crowd" just as much as you do.
They're not... old. And only some are rich.

You nailed the other part of it.

I'm glad to see that some people agree with my opinion before I post this, which is that that thing is butt ugly and does not belong in a historic district with stately homes. I'd be p'o'd too if he was my neighbor (heck, I would not be too crazy about it in my own neighborhood, which is not historic).

What is an open carport going to do for him anyway? Just buy a big 4 x 4 that'll drive through any weather.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised. This is one of those neighborhoods where, if you want to replace a window, you better have documentation that shows Ben Franklin's son made it in his wood shop.

What is an open carport going to do for him anyway? Just buy a big 4 x 4 that'll drive through any weather.
Perhaps the car port is for the ladies he courts so they won't have to clean their vehicle off after snowfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back