PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola hung up on Adam Jones during 98.5 radio interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. you can completely tear your abductor muscle, come back after only three weeks, then completely recover during the one game you miss the rest of the season.

I'm not a physical therapist, but I think playing 12 games of professional football around one game off and a bye, might aggravate an injury. What do you think?

Also, what excuse did every other member of the team besides Edelman have for not catching at least 54 balls (while resting, apparently)?
I am not the one making excuses for anyone here Ray Ray. I am just telling you that realistically you have no basis to believe Amendola will perform any differently in 2014 than he did in 2013, and that his performance in the AFCCG was poor and suffering an injury in week 1 of the season does not excuse that poor play.

Seriously though why is everyone so down on Tavon Wilson, he was 1 of 2 players on the team to score a defensive touchdown and he played with an injured knee and hamstring. Obviously these posters just hate Tavon Wilson and they are psychos. This is not going to end here though there is going to be a 1000 posts about how bad Tavon Wilson…:rolleyes:

Not trying to be a **** (I sometimes come by that naturally), but what exactly do you think is "their job?" I ask that question because I believe the answer goes right to the essence of this issue.

You certainly do not come across as a **** with that question. It is however a very loaded one. And even more so extremely subjective. If we disagree on the role of the media neither one of us is correct or incorrect.

In my opinion, the sports media is really there to cover events for the public that they care about but can't attend. It is also there to give the public the information that they want know about the teams that they love too. And injury information falls into this category.

I believe the level of athlete needs to be taken into consideration though. A high school athlete should never be bashed, unless they do something truly horrific (and outside of a criminal act, I'm not speaking of anything on the field). The journalist should focus on the positives in the game and athletes. Generally a lopsided score will let the reader know that one of the teams had a rough day and there is no need to really rub salt into the wounds of a teenager who may have been at the center of it. But I think in college athletics and the pros generally the whole story should be told and few things should be considered out of bounds (with the exception of personal life things - unless it hard news type events).

Again, I originally wasn't commenting on the Amendola situation because I didn't listen to the interview. And knowing the result, I'm not compelled to google it. Even not listening to it though, the mass majority of posters seemed to be praising Amendola for the action. Maybe it was justified, but as I've stated in other posts the mass acceptance reminded me of a thread from about a month back in which the extreme majority of posters praised Bryan Stork for being completely disrespectful. I chose to ignore it at the time because I was still focused on the draft, but as soon as I saw this thread I figured there aren't many better things to chat about, so why the hell not offer what will most certainly be an unpopular opinion in an argument that I feel strongly about.

When I say I don't understand the attitude, that doesn't mean that I don't respect it. People can feel about it anyway they want.

Fair or not, I think the media as a whole is penalized by the bad apples they have in their midst.

There are times when the media isn't respectful either.

They also seem to be in a rush to be first with a story, which makes them too easily manipulated.

If I were a person of interest to the media I wouldn't want to ever answer a question from them.

I can't argue with much that you say here.

The media isn't always respectful. 100 percent agree.

As much as I love twitter to keep up on my sports news. It has severely destroyed journalism in at least one sense. There was always a fight to be the first to have a story, but nowadays we're talking about minute differences in stories mattering. So being first has become as important to outlets as being accurate (or at least well sourced). You used to not be able to go to print without three sources. Now they can go with one unnamed source. Granted I guess sports media always got away with that crap (especially guys like peter gammons).

And I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to talk to the media. In my opinion a person in a public position does have a responsibility to speak to it though. Which would probably the be the only point that we truly differ on.

Take two aspirin and play 12 games of professional football. You should be fine.

HGH-Doctors-in-Los-Angeles-CA.jpg

Take two aspirin and play 12 games of professional football. You should be fine.
You act like he was the only player in the NFL that played with an injury. The bigger problem is that you want to use the groin as an excuse for his performance in the AFCCG but that makes zero sense because he had good games against the Bills, Steelers, and Dolphins while suffering from the same exact injury with less time to heal than in the AFCCG. Your suggestion that the groin injury was the sole reason that caused him to play poorly in the AFCCG makes no sense whatsoever.

Let me ask you a question, if Amendola is healthy for all 16 games in 2014 what do you project his production to be?

Anyway I am done with this discussion, all I can say is I would not teach my 4-year-old son to hang up on someone if they ask him a question he does not like, I would want him to handle the situation more maturely. If you feel otherwise that is your right. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

B6, this was something you wrote several pages ago. Take your own words to heart. There is nothing new or insightful that you can add. You made your case a long time ago, and now you are just repeating and repeating and repeating yourself. LET IT GO, man and move on to the next topic. This thread should have died days ago......like I suggested......days ago. ;)

You act like he was the only player in the NFL that played with an injury.

I thought you said he was healed and wasn't playing with an injury. Which is it?

I thought you said he was healed and wasn't playing with an injury. Which is it?
I never said he was healthy all season I said in the AFCCG it was not a valid excuse. I just want to know what you expect Amendola's production to be in 2014?

B6, this was something you wrote several pages ago. Take your own words to heart. There is nothing new or insightful that you can add. You made your case a long time ago, and now you are just repeating and repeating and repeating yourself. LET IT GO, man and move on to the next topic. This thread should have died days ago......like I suggested......days ago. ;)
You know Ken I absolutely would let it go if posters did not come along and refer to me as psycho6 and run their big trollish mouthes because they are big shots when they're sitting behind a keyboard.

I never said he was healthy all season I said in the AFCCG it was not a valid excuse. I just want to know what you expect Amendola's production to be in 2014?

So he healed by playing on an unhealed muscle tear all season? Was Benny Hinn involved?

What was Brady's excuse, by the way. His performance is a lot more relevant than a single receiver, even if he made 54 catches while playing injured all season.

How anout Blount's, or Mankins, or the rest of the line, or the defense. Why weren't Silinga and the rest of the UDFA all stars in Peyton's face?

Let's get the investigation started. Forget this year, we need to obsess on last year.

No idea. I leave the fortune telling to others.

Last edited:
So he healed by playing on a on an unhealed muscle tear all season? Was Benny Hinn involved?

What was Brady's excuse, by the way. His performance is a lot more relevant than a single receiver, even if he made 54 catches while playing injured all season.

How anout Blount's, or Mankins, or the rest of the line, or the defense. Why weren't Silinga and the rest of the UDFA all stars in Peyton's face?

Let's get the investigation started. Forget this year, we need to obsess on last year.

No idea. I leave the fortune telling to others.
Typical, you shoot down everything I say but when I ask you a legitimate question you avoid having to answer it

Typical, you shoot down everything I say but when I ask you a legitimate question you avoid having to answer it

What was the legitimate question? I don't think all the players we mentioned need to give you an excuse for anything, if that's it.

@AzPatsFan if you disagree with and dislike so much of what I post why don't you put me on ignore so you don't have to read it, rather than acting like 5-year-old and giving me bulk negative ratings.

Unless I should act 5 as well and dislike your posts in excess.

What was the legitimate question? I don't think all the players I mentioned need to give you an excuse for anything, if that's it.
I want to know what you would have expected from Amendola if not for the groin injury. You claim it influenced his production so I would like to know what you mean by that, so what would his production be if healthy?

I want to know what you would have expected from Amendola if not for the groin injury. You claim it influenced his production so I would like to know what you mean by that, so what would his production be if healthy?

Oh, you don't want me to be a fortune teller, you want me to take an unknown, subtract a known injury and ignore other variables I have no way of knowing and come up with a number that has some relevance.

Let me get my statistics/imagination team on that right away and i'll get back to you.

Oh, you don't want me to be a fortune teller, you want me to take an unknown, subtract a known injury and ignore other variables I have no way of knowing and come up with a number that has some relevance.

Let me get my statistics/imagination team on that right away and i'll get back to you.
I don't understand how you can argue that something was lost by the groin injury and not specify what exactly it was that was lost. So basically you are so certain something was lost by the injury that you disagree with everything I say but you have no clue what exactly it was that was lost.

Influenced his production? Why would a complete abductor tear, which severely limits the ability to jump or changing direction affect a small receiver at the slot position? Now you're being silly.

Influenced his production? Why would a complete abductor tear, which severely limits the ability to jump or changing direction affect a small receiver at the slot position? Now you're being silly.
So what did it influence? This is like claiming someone underpaid you and when someone asked "how much" you say I do not know. You cannot even estimate the delta but yet you lob out these claims.

This is what frustrates me about these Amendola discussions, everyone runs to his defense and claims the groin injury impacted him so much, but when you ask those same people what they expect him to do in 2014 they do not answer it.

So what did it influence? This is like claiming someone underpaid you and when someone asked "how much" you say I do not know. You cannot even estimate the delta but yet you lob out these claims.

This is what frustrates me about these Amendola discussions, everyone runs to his defense and claims the groin injury impacted him so much, but when you ask those same people what they expect him to do in 2014 they do not answer it.

Is Wes Welker good at changing directions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST