PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amari Cooper traded to cowboys

Haha. Jerry Jones, you sir...

idjut.gif

Wait they traded a first rd pick for a guy in the middle of his fifth year option? IT has to be contingent on them signing him to a long term deal, if not there is a chance that Cooper is not even a Cowboy when that pick is made.

Jerrah can't be that stupid. Granted it is basically the same trade that the Rams made for Cooks, but at least the Rams were assured a full year of Cooks not ten games.

Imagine if Cooper signs with someone else this off-season? The owner would fire the GM!

Funny, I don't recall Amari Cooper's nickname as "The Answer"

But, seeing Jerruh the GM being all desperate shouldn't being me happiness, but it does make me smile.

And, FYI, appearently the person who offered them the 1st round pick was Stephen Jones

Can't even blame old age dementia for this one, ****

Put me in the group that likes what Gruden is doing from a business/management perspective. As someone who hates the Raiders, I really hope he isn’t successful. Let him crash and burn!! A few things though.

1.If you know you can’t win with or afford the guys you got, why keep ‘em? It’s not fair to anyone involved.

2.Amassing draft picks is a fantastic way to rebuild your team. For some teams (the browns) it may take a lot longer than you wish for, but either way, with draft picks comes great value. He can use those high picks to trade for other players, or even better, trade down and amass even more picks. Really overhaul that team.

3. What better way to get people hyped to buy your overly priced tix? Load that roster with young and exciting talent. Short term, people fill those seats for the promise that talent represents. Long term, you ideally have more athletic, talented players who fit your system, and are on cost controlled contracts. It may be a really ****ty way to send out the city of Oakland, but it’s business baby!

a Raiders/Cowboys trade, tell me again why this needed its own thread when there is already a trade deadline thread?

Have to LOL at 2 of the dumbest organizations.

You don't draft/trade for WR/RB unless they're a transcendent player. Loved Coop coming out but he hasn't improved his game. Desperation move for Dallas that will cost them a lot $$$ if they want to resign him.

Raiders are an absolute sh itshow.

Who exactly is going to want to represent that team as the face of the franchise? Or go there knowing you're not winning any time soon. You're not going to pay a top 20-25 player in Mack. Traded Cooper & the writing on the wall is set for Carr.

Gruden went all in on the rebuild but when exactly are they planning on winning?

If KC gets a defense that division is on lock for the better part of a decade & might be even if they don't improve on D.

Gruden has traded away their best player. Thrown the GM under the bus & sold the fans bs on Mack, Carr etc.

And let's not forget Gruden was pounding the table for Johnny Football top 5. Not exactly instilling confidence as a talent evaluator.

Gruden has been a terrible hire so far. If you're a Raider fan there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

1st round pick. That’s unreal, shows Jerry’s desperation.

Depending on how long Brady plays could be an option for us, he hasn't been playing well so doubt they'd get a 1st.
The dude sucks. BB would be an idiot to ever acquire him. I was just saying a 1st rounder because Raiders seems to be committing highway robbery lately. 750 mil stadium. 1st round pick for cooper.

Someone gave a 1st round pick for Sam Bradford. Never underestimate the amount of dumb people in the NYJFL*

Yea don't understand how we couldn't have gotten a 1st or more for Jimmy G.

This league is just too easy for Billy
Cookie and 4th and 5th for Gordon and 1st and 6th and 7th and 7M+ cap

I fully expected Jerruh to say screw it, and offer Josh Gordon a 5 year, $75m deal with $30m guaranteed this offseason. And after the Pats slap a 1st round tender on him, they’d get the Cowboys pick at around the number 10 spot or so.

Now Jerruh doesn’t have a 1st rounder so he can’t do that. I don’t think anyone else would offer Gordon that stupid of a deal, so it means the Pats will very likely have Gordon on the team in 2019 provided he stays clean and committed.

Yea don't understand how we couldn't have gotten a 1st or more for Jimmy G.

Because the Patriots valued the insurance Jimmy G provided more than the draft pick. If they really just wanted the draft pick, they could have gotten a 1st rounder in the 2017 offseason. But they felt the insurance portion (potential decline of a 40 year old, really liked Jimmy) outweighed that.

This seems almost as bad as the Trent Richardson deal by the Colts.

Bust, you say? When we trade our first rounder for him, that’ll make him good like he was hyped up to be coming into the draft.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back