PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All-time draft thread/picks

Is that it? Can I fill out my remaining spots?

Is that it? Can I fill out my remaining spots?

Once you do, post them. I think anyone should be able to cut and replace a player over the next few days if they wish?

As long as they announce it here?

Once you do, post them. I think anyone should be able to cut and replace a player over the next few days if they wish?

As long as they announce it here?
I just don't want to jump in front of anyone. People are still drafting , no?

The team none of us drafted, and there's so many more....but just to name a few I had

Bold in the HOF

QB Fran Tarkington, Ben Rapelessberger, Phillip Rivers
RB Emmit Smith, Tony Dorsette, Jerome Bettis, Roger Craig, Edge, Marshawn Lynch, John Riggins
WR Henry Ellard, Jimmy Smith, Charlie Joiner, Art Monk
TE Jay Novecek, Brent Jones, Dave Casper, Todd Christenson, Dallas Clark

DL: JPP, Sam Adams, Chris Jones, Fred Dean, Justin Tuck, Jim Marshall
LB: Matt Millen, Jack Hacksaw Reynolds, Hardy Nickerston, Joey Porter, Ken Norton Jr
DB: Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison, Chris McCallister

The team none of us drafted, and there's so many more....but just to name a few I had

Bold in the HOF

RB Emmit Smith, Tony Dorsette, Jerome Bettis, Roger Craig, Edge, Marshawn Lynch, John Riggins

LB: Matt Millen, Jack Hacksaw Reynolds, Hardy Nickerston, Joey Porter, Ken Norton Jr
I grabbed Casper and Shockey once we finished. Casper was a very good all around TE. As was Shockey. Very close to taking Dallas Clark. Few others. Adrian Wilson, Brandon Browner, Nnamdi Asomugha, Fred Taylor, Roger Craig, Art Monk, Simeon Rice. I was very close to picking Marshawn too but wanted a 180 dynamic between my backs.

Bold in the HOF

Nathan Peterman

@everlong , a few issues with the spreadsheet.

Boomer Team A - Assante Samuel wasn't my pick. I picked Pat Swilling in that spot.

Boomer Team B - I didn't get Chris Harris, I got Leon Hall

Bold in the HOF

Late in the draft, before I took Crazy Legs, I had considered Art Monk there but decided that I needed more explosiveness to complement Don Hutson & James Lofton as team A's other WRs...

If Art Donovan wasn't available when I took him, I was considering Sam Adams, among others... Before he traded for Ted Washington, I really Really wanted Bill to sign Adams as a UFA... Legacy, marketing...

And before I settled on CB Dave Brown as my final pick, Sam Madison was one of those whom I was also considering there... "[Bobby Grier] didn't know Sam Madison from President Madison..." Classic.

I grabbed Casper and Shockey once we finished. Casper was a very good all around TE. As was Shockey. Very close to taking Dallas Clark. Few others. Adrian Wilson, Brandon Browner, Nnamdi Asomugha, Fred Taylor, Roger Craig, Art Monk, Simeon Rice. I was very close to picking Marshawn too but wanted a 180 dynamic between my backs.

Asomugha was another I had considered with that final pick...

Asomugha was another I had considered with that final pick...
I went with tandems instead of strict bpa for my secondary. Barney and Lebeau, Lewis and Ross are two of the 5-10, duos of all time. As is Hanford Dixon and Frank Minnifield on the other side. Idk I think it would help a lot in the real world if such a thing was taken place. You would want to make things as simple as possible. Keep guys in the same spots. Guys that know each other.

I was very close to picking Nnamdi and Browner with Lewis. Maybe next time.

Calling in a few favors from a Russian, Cropduster and businessman to rank the teams in a few days. Once we start a thread and summarize etc.

Calling in a few favors from a Russian, Cropduster and businessman to rank the teams in a few days. Once we start a thread and summarize etc.

I still like the idea of doing the Madden all time simulation when it's available. Not that we can't do both.

I still like the idea of doing the Madden all time simulation when it's available. Not that we can't do both.
We can definitely do both when available.

The problem with the madden simulation is it’s just going to add a bunch of numbers, it doesn’t understand the nuances of the game, how a group of players would play as a team, and how much a game plan and playing to their strengths matters, *rant continues*

Championship Game Pazrul team a vrs Pazrul team b

Clearly an impeccable unbiased source with indisputable results, all bow down to the draft GM god.

Is that actually a thing?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back