All the doubters are back, Brady is flawed

Status
Not open for further replies.
FirstTake on who wins:

Donovan McNabb: Steelers
Ryan Clark: Steelers
Stephen A. Blowhard: Steelers
Max BradyHater: Steelers

Max absolutely despises Brady--says it is all Belichick.
Sniff...sniff...you're making me all emotional...

this reminds me of the 2004/05 Playoffs when Pal Salantonio went on the air on three different weekends and picked the Colts, Steelers and Eagles over the Patriots.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Donovan remembers those playoffs...unless he was too busy throwing up all over himself in the huddle...

Bring...........it.............on!!!

I am not sure I just heard it on the radio. I know he and Peyton Manning have the same post season passer rating. I am not sure about anyone else. Peyton is considered a playoff choker. And TB is considered the best winner of all time.

Of course there are so many other things that can effect variables.

Look at Montana. 23-21.

As for playoff choker, can you call Brady that?

The team relied on him to win in 2003--without him they don't. Also in 2014. In 2011, he had a great game against the Giants, broke the NFL record for completions. Unfortunate, but in 6 Super Bowls, Brady has only let down once. That's it. Definitely not a playoff choker.

I am not sure I just heard it on the radio. I know he and Peyton Manning have the same post season passer rating. I am not sure about anyone else. Peyton is considered a playoff choker. And TB is considered the best winner of all time.

Of course there are so many other things that can effect variables.

Your last sentence is the key one.

One of the reasons Peyton is considered a choker is because not all INTs are created equal. Manning threw 4 pick sixes through his playoff career, including one that iced the Super Bowl for the Saints. Brady has never thrown a pick six in the playoffs.

Brady threw those 2 INTs in SB49, but then came back with a fourth quarter for the ages against Seattle's vaunted pass D.

Look at Montana. 23-21.

As for playoff choker, can you call Brady that?

The team relied on him to win in 2003--without him they don't. Also in 2014. In 2011, he had a great game against the Giants, broke the NFL record for completions. Unfortunate, but in 6 Super Bowls, Brady has only let down once. That's it. Definitely not a playoff choker.

lol I wasn't calling Brady a choker. I said most people call Manning a choker and they both have similar .. no the same exact passer rating. Brady is definitely not a choker at all.

Brady's regular seasons have been like 15 points better than in the playoffs. Of course in the playoffs your usually facing better teams/defenses etc.

I can't wait until they announce the MVP, which will likely be the winner of Atlanta-Green Bay.

If we're in the Super Bowl, imagine the motivation Brady will have for that one.
Plus the fact that Goodell will be in attendance. There will indeed be a "whole bag of Chips" on Brady's shoulders for this one.

Last edited:
It really depends, If floyd was suppose to be where he was and thats where the ball went.. then I would put that more on Brady. Floyd was fully extended and could just barely get his second hand on the ball. But if Floyd just didn't break hard enough then I put it on Floyd.

Dude! C'mon man. He stopped in his route and then jumped at the ball. That was clear as ****.

Dude! C'mon man. He stopped in his route and then jumped at the ball. That was clear as ****.

I didn't get a good look at it. I do find it curious because Brady is usually pin point with those kinds of throws and twice in that game going to floyd bad things happend. So it probably was on Floyd.

Okay, I vented earlier, but it wasn't enough.

You know why Brady doesn't throw jump balls to crowds and get lucky like Rodgers? Because at a similar point in the game he's usually watching Jimmy G mop up or he's in Victory Formation.

You know why nobody mentioned Brady's last 4-game losing streak (similar to the way they don't point out Rodgers' last one earlier this year)? Because it happened in 2002. Think about that one - the last time the Patriots lost three in a row was 2002. The next best teams in that respect are the Dolts and Squealers, who each have had SEVEN three game losing streaks in the same time.

Sure, Rodgers is flashy as hell and makes some great plays at times, especially on the scramble. He has amazing mobility and arm strength. And I wouldn't trade Brady for him NOW, never mind several years ago. Because it ain't the flash, the almighty arm and the legs that wins games consistently. It's the mind and the will.

Here's something I don't understand. How is it that Rodger's offensive line never gets called for holding?
Rodgers plays a fantastic version of Backyard Nerf Football. "Everybody go get open and I'll chuck it up to you".

The dude gets 5-10 seconds to throw the ball and no holding calls?

I didn't get a good look at it. I do find it curious because Brady is usually pin point with those kinds of throws and twice in that game going to floyd bad things happend. So it probably was on Floyd.

The first one was on Floyd. The second one Brady missed the LB dropping into coverage.

Overall I think that was one of the worst offensive performances I've seen all year and yet they won by 18. I do credit Romeo Crennel and the Texan defense for disrupting the Pats. They played a hell of a game.

That won't happen again. The remaining teams in the Playoffs (GB, ATL and Pitts) do not have a defense anywhere close to what the Texans had.

lol I wasn't calling Brady a choker. I said most people call Manning a choker and they both have similar .. no the same exact passer rating. Brady is definitely not a choker at all.

Brady's regular seasons have been like 15 points better than in the playoffs. Of course in the playoffs your usually facing better teams/defenses etc.

Manning's playoff passer rating is distorted by all the easy wildcard games he got to play in. Manning's 2 wildcard games against the Broncos alone accounted for almost 25% of the tds he threw in his entire playoff career.

Regardless of what people say, the game will be played. So, in this era of social media where nothing truly goes away, they will either be validated or proven wrong. That's the beauty of sports:

We can talk, talk, talk, but we'll all get the answer when the game is played.

Amazed at how this happens. I don't just think it is people hyping the games next week by going hyperbolic. I think they really believe it. They can't get it out of their heads that Brady was a 6th round draft pick. Doubts about how clutch he is. Doubts about how scared he is when he is highly "susceptible to a pass rush" like most other QBs, "but not all."

One so-called bad game and people have turned against him.

Amazes me.

Sorry but Tom does get rattled when he gets pressure up the middle because up the middle is his escape hatch when he feels pressure coming from the side. Brady is brilliant at feeling the pressure all around him and stepping up into the middle .....into his comfort area and making his throws. Take that away area and combine that with his lack of foot speed and Tom feels very exposed out there.
It is ok to critique the QB of the NE Patriots. Honest!! :D

I think we all over looked the fact that Houston was the #1 defense with a offense that was ranked 29th and would put them back on the field again and again. they held Aaron Rodgers to his lowest yards and points total on this current hot streak they are on....I had them as the worst team left in the playoffs they got my respect

It's funny how this has gotten no talk. Ya Brady had an off game but Texans defense held Rodgers to an Osweiler like stat line in Green Bay

Rodgers in that game
20/30 209 2 TD 1 fumble lost

Osweiler in that game
22/35 202 2 TD 1 fumble lost

Sorry but Tom does get rattled when he gets pressure up the middle because up the middle is his escape hatch when he feels pressure coming from the side. Brady is brilliant at feeling the pressure all around him and stepping up into the middle .....into his comfort area and making his throws. Take that away area and combine that with his lack of foot speed and Tom feels very exposed out there.
Wouldn't most QBs get rattled if a DL or LB was in his face as soon as he stopped his drop back?

Amazing how people flip flop and grasp onto the flavor of the month.

They're out in droves. Rodgers is a better qb than Brady. Rodgers is the goat. Rodgers is amazing.

It's sickening right now.

That is every QB. Every QB looks bad when rushed up the middle. Including Rodgers and fast QBs like Cam Newton. You're confusing the ability to roll out with what happens to QBs when they get chased up the middle.

Here's something I don't understand. How is it that Rodger's offensive line never gets called for holding?
Rodgers plays a fantastic version of Backyard Nerf Football. "Everybody go get open and I'll chuck it up to you".

The dude gets 5-10 seconds to throw the ball and no holding calls?

I'm sure it's happened, but I can't think of any big plays where Rodgers moves around the pocket for 10 seconds, throws a spectacular pass and then has it called back for holding.

Thats 1 area of improved gameplay from Tom. If the pressure up the middle doesn't hit home, Brady is better at the scramble drill now. He isn't Rodgers but he is much better than he was. Brady is not a statue back there.

How tall is Edelman like 5 9" or 5 10" ? I mean a lot of these 30 - 50 yard passes are being thrown to an under sized down field receiver. I think thats a testament to Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back