PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All quiet on Hightower front or Dont'a-do-it FA tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
if its 2 Million, give it to him. The guys worth it, its only 2 million its hardly like 16 mil a year etc.. so if its only 2 mill lets just go and sort the deal. Guy is worth it. HE IS THE CORE of the defence like Brady is our core of the Offensive

Actually, we didn't get any snow here, Deus. It must have taken a turn or something. That puts me squarely on the hook for an attempt at "adulting." I may take you up on the booze + hot cocoa, though. :cool:
No snow near Pitt? I got royally f***ed with snow here in Scranton. 2+ feet.

He signs with pats within the hour

They can have him for that number.

This.

Hightower's not Mike Singletary, and Butler isn't Deion Sanders. They're very good players, but at some point, enough's enough, and you can get 80% production at half the price.

I'd like to keep both of them, but I'm not eating up 25% of the cap to do it, either.

HE IS THE CORE of the defence like Brady is our core of the Offensive

N...no. He is one of five players who make up the defensive core, before you get to anything close to the equivalent of what Brady gives you.

No snow near Pitt? I got royally f***ed with snow here in Scranton. 2+ feet.
Is it true the small cars go in the compact spots in Scranton?

N...no. He is one of five players who make up the defensive core, before you get to anything close to the equivalent of what Brady gives you.

He's the leader of the pack in my opinion. seems to get a lot of respect from others within the D just look at the superbowl

Pitt don't want to wait, forcing some sort of decision.

The Jets cupcake/happy birthday theme had creepy desperate ex girlfriend written all over it. I'd run away screaming.

This guy's really milking this process. I doubt this will be a bidding war with the squealers.

He's the leader of the pack in my opinion. seems to get a lot of respect from others within the D just look at the superbowl

I mean, they respect all the safeties too. They respect Alan Branch.

I'd like very much to sign Dont'a Hightower. But the Patriots can absolutely win a Super Bowl without him.

Make up your f*cking mind dude. Seriously is it that tough choosing between thw squealers and the pats? Either you with us or against us.

If the Steelers won't pay $10m, Hightower will be here next year. Unless he really is dumb enough to go play for the Jets, in which case it will be fun beating him twice a year.

of course

I was wrong about yesterday, but I would think we hear about HT's future tonight. If PIT is serious about that ultimatum, and it's down to 2 teams, it should happen sooner rather than later.

I could be wrong today like I was yesterday though.

if its 2 Million, give it to him. The guys worth it, its only 2 million its hardly like 16 mil a year etc.. so if its only 2 mill lets just go and sort the deal. Guy is worth it. HE IS THE CORE of the defence like Brady is our core of the Offensive

I'm quite sure he wants $2M more per year, not over the course of five seasons. By all accounts, he wants $12M annually and is seeing offers closer to $10M. It's important for teams to have a line they've drawn that they will not cross, because at that point it's a bad deal. Maybe the Patriots' number is somewhere over their initial offer, but they will not cross their line, even if it is by $5. All of the the player's potential risk:reward is built into that number, including the player's locker room presence, knack for big plays, fit in their system, etc. So, the Patriots have a number, below which is considered a positive value transaction and above which is considered a negative value transaction. They've let many players walk because they wouldn't go up just a little more, such as a million or two per year.

The Jets have apparently offered him "far and away" the most money, according to that La Confora article a few posts above. The on-field product speaks for itself between these two franchises. I guess they didn't learn from the Darrelle Revis fiasco that you don't go all-in at all costs in order to land a big-named player because instead of weakening your rival, you yourself will be weaker against them. The even better part is Hightower will be misused with the Jets, so it makes their offer even dumber. Then again, they are the dumbest organization in the league.

He can win in pittsburgh but he goes from bb and brady to tomlin and big ben. Come on now lol and not to mention a defense in new england that could be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes