PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alamo's Predict The Score Alamo's Predict the Score Contest, Week 4 NE @ KC

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamo

praedica numerum!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Post your predictions here for Week 4, New England Patriots at Kansas City Chiefs.

This contest is open to everyone, it's both a weekly and a season-long contest. Stakes are bragging rights.

Each week I will tabulate and post the scores for the previous week's contest, as well as the cumulative season standings for those who have played every week. As a one-time allowance for computer problems, forgetfulness, or whatever, one week can be missed and will be assigned that week's average score.

Scoring:
Your score is the COMBINED deviation of your predicted score for the Pats and opponents REGARDLESS OF DIRECTION. For example, if you predict Patriots 31 Chiefs 30 your score is how many points off of 31 the Pats are (over or under does not matter) PLUS how many points off of 30 the Chiefs are (over or under again does not matter). Game winner does not matter. Lowest score wins.

You may change your prediction at any time before kickoff, either by editing your original post or by adding a new one. Predictions made in other threads don't count unless they were clearly meant for this contest but were posted elsewhere by mistake. Please keep this thread to predictions only, no back-and-forth discussion of the game. A short comment explaining your pick is OK.

Good luck!

KC 33-10

Last edited:
Chiefs 34
Patriots 27

Chiefs 27, Patriots 17

Last edited:
New England Patriots 33
some missouri city that has to name itself after a neighboring state cheefs 30

In light of the cam situation, i felt that this needed to be updated to reflect the reality of a Brian Hoyer start

New England Patriots 31
some missouri city that has to name itself after a neighboring state cheefs 30

Last edited:
Chiefs 34
Patriots 30

Chiefs 31-17

Patriots 17

Chiefs 31

-------

Now that Cam is out, adjustments must be made.

Hoyer throws for one, Pats D scores one.

Last edited:
Chiefs 38
Patriots 21

Oh boy here's where my score balloons:

Patriots 30
Chiefs 27

Not that my score isn't already up there, but I just can't ever pick against the patriots even though I don't ever expect there to be another perfect season by any team. :)

Pats win, 41-38

Pats win 29-28

(Edit: first prediction made assuming Cam was playing. I'm going to temper it down a bit, although I only picked the Pats to put up 40 because that was what would be needed to win.)

Last edited:
Head says Chiefs win easily. Therefore,
Pats 34
Chiefs 31
:)
———
Edit: ^ this was my old prediction with cam and playing on time.

I think the Hoyer Patriots arriving in KC on the same day as the game and winning it might be too much to ask. Defense will be better though.

Chiefs 27-20

Last edited:
41-28, Chiefs.

Mahomes 34
Pats 27

Patriots 29
Chiefs 23

I feel very confident about this game even though most see it as a loss. We are getting Harris and Gunner back from IR and which boosts both the run and pass game. Bill seems to have the ability to slow down Mahomes for at least a half. We would have won last year if not for the refs stealing 2 of our touchdowns. I like Cam to have a bounce back game and pass the ball well. There is no doubt in my mind that if we can keep the Chiefs in the low to mid 20s then we will win. It is also possible that Bill copies the Chargers defense as much as we can and we ball control with the run and the score ends up 22-19 Pats. I like this scenario more perhaps because it will mean we played the game on our terms.

KC 34
Pats 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes