PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aging Al returns, Brittle Kemba and a 1st out

The big difference is that Horford is basically an expiring contract this year since 22-23 is non-guaranteed whereas Walker has a player option for 22-23.

Brown has potential, but this creates roster flexibility and takes around 10M off their payroll

I like this trade, . Looks like a BB move to get a guy who got 21pts / 23reb against us. As far as Aging/Average/Awesome Al, welcome back. I liked Kemba as a player, but agreed with Perk that he didn't really "fit" in.

Throughout the spring, Coach Brad bemoaned the C's lack of size.
GM Brad was listening

Really good trade. Kemba's knee is shot and he couldn't put together a bunch of games back to back. Plus we she that contract. Moses will be better than anything we get at 16 and we already have a bench full of mid level picks. Looking forward to see what else we do, but it's a good start

They at least now have a much better group of PF/Cs to begin the offseson, depending on contract statuses:

Parker - Moses
Thompson - TimeLord
Horford - TackoTime - Kornet

They also now are in the Offensive PG market...Any suggestions?

EDIT: Kornet is a UFA; so he's outta here I hope (Danny should've INSISTED upon Daniel Gafford instead of this stiff)...

Based on time in the league, the new 4/5 depth chart looks like:

Horford - Thompson
Parker - TimeLord
Grant Williams - Moses
TackoTime

I had earlier forgotten about Williams, but who can blame me? Dude ****ing sucks; he's a destitute man's Jared Sullinger.

Last edited:
They at least now have a much better group of PF/Cs to begin the offseson, depending on contract statuses:

Parker - Moses
Thompson - TimeLord
Horford - TackoTime - Kornet

They also now are in the Offensive PG market...Any suggestions?

basketball in the traditional sense with a traditional 1 and a traditional 5 is dead

basketball in the traditional sense with a traditional 1 and a traditional 5 is dead

In a 15-18-man organization, there is Always room for At Least One true Point Guard AND one true Center, if not Two of each...Otherwise, you end up with a team full of Charmin-soft, low-percentage jump-shooters.

Last edited:
In a 15-18-man organization, there is Always room for At Least One true Point Guard AND one true Center, if not Two of each...Otherwise, you end up with a team full of Charmin-soft, low-percentage jump-shooters.

every team has them......most of them don't get much PT

I wasn't thrilled of the trade when I heard it but I've come around. Moses Brown is a potential sleeper. 8pts/8rebs in only 26 mins. All defensive team in the G league. And moving Kemba frees up shots for Tatum and Jaylen.

I don't think Brad Stevens deserved this massive promotion however. I think he was overrated as a coach. Didn't do well the last 2 years.

I wasn't thrilled of the trade when I heard it but I've come around. Moses Brown is a potential sleeper. 8pts/8rebs in only 26 mins. All defensive team in the G league. And moving Kemba frees up shots for Tatum and Jaylen.

I don't think Brad Stevens deserved this massive promotion however. I think he was overrated as a coach. Didn't do well the last 2 years.

“Deserve‘s got nothing to do with it - Clint Eastwood” - @RobertWeathers

If he’s the best man for the job, he should be hired…not as a reward but for competitive reasons.

“Deserve‘s got nothing to do with it - Clint Eastwood” - @RobertWeathers

If he’s the best man for the job, he should be hired…not as a reward but for competitive reasons.
The Celtics' philosophy for hiring people is strange.

Wyc says they hired Stevens because someone else would have. I don't necessarily disagreed with him being brought on as GM but the logic is weird. Was there a better candidate? For the record the Kemba deal was outstanding.

They also hired Ume because another team was hot on the trail. Another hire I don't disagree with.

Wyc says they hired Stevens because someone else would have. I don't necessarily disagreed with him being brought on as GM but the logic is weird. Was there a better candidate? For the record the Kemba deal was outstanding.

They also hired Ume because another team was hot on the trail. Another hire I don't disagree with.

Apparently the C's were talking to Presti. Presti has a good resume while Stevens wasn't even a great coach. And the new coach basically was liked while with USA basketball. I'd put Stevens on a short leash if the team doesn't perform but it seems like Wyc is barely even following the team these days.

Apparently the C's were talking to Presti. Presti has a good resume while Stevens wasn't even a great coach. And the new coach basically was liked while with USA basketball. I'd put Stevens on a short leash if the team doesn't perform but it seems like Wyc is barely even following the team these days.
Agree. I have no idea what kind of GM Stevens will be.

Danny was a marginally successful coach but in his prime a very good GM.

Just gotta see how it goes. So far I approve of his two moves.

hmmm...i would say Wyc and Co. are very involved in the team. Outside of Kraft, Wyc is the most involved of the Boston sports owners. The new coach was a home run hire and that is backed by virtually everyone in the NBA. The plus is he is well liked and respected by our starts Tatum and Brown (Smart too). While i hate that you have to pander to players now, its a good sign that they overwhelmingly approve of the new coach. Interested to see the moves they make going forward. Hopefully we het back to the hardnosed type of play that we can all get behind instead of the quitting mentality of this last squad

I would've hired Chauncey Billups.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back