PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After watching the Colts dominate the Chiefs

Can't make conclusions off one game. But obviously Mahome Boy will need to be healthy for them to have a chance. They desperately need Ramsey. Otherwise they are in a pinch.
It would suck if they got Ramsey.

Their D reminded me of recent Pats D's we hated.. they would never get off the field, bend everywhere, but not break in the red zone. Or get some pick just when you are cursing the the heck of them. They gave up only 19 points.

If a Chiefs fan heard they were going to give up 19 they would have taken that all day.

Don’t know why the chiefs didn’t stick with the running game. They have run the football well this year. Instead they went pass pass pass. Stupid strategy and they should have punted the football.

It would suck if they got Ramsey.

Their D reminded me of recent Pats D's we hated.. they would never get off the field, bend everywhere, but not break in the red zone. Or get some pick just when you are cursing the the heck of them. They gave up only 19 points.

If a Chiefs fan heard they were going to give up 19 they would have taken that all day.

I don’t think Ramsey will be traded but they could get a guy like Chris Harris or maybe Peterson if he’s dealt.

Their defense is pretty damn good. Their OLine is very good. If you win the line of scrimmage consistently, you are likely going to win the game. Their LG is a mauler. The offense made "Run The Damn Ball" hats. Seems like NE isn't the only team seeing benefits to getting back to a run game (minnesota and cook comes to mind).

Mahomes game is predicated on getting outside the pocket and ad libbing. Throwing back across his body and all sorts of such bad habits. He currently has the abilities to pull that **** off. He is often rolling out by design and seemingly directing traffic like its a pick up game.

Now he's banged up, immobile (likely worse next week, he aggravated a previous injury and was clearly hampered in delivery and mobility late), and missing weapons. The chiefs are incredibly vulnerable the next few weeks. Mahomes and their starting guard on the same play last night (backup OG is trash) Both DTs got ground down and eventually injured last night, and they sucked against the run already :eek:

The colts are a mash unit at db. Pretty sure every starting S and CB were either already ruled out or atleast missed portions of last nights game with injuries. Leonard is out. DT out too IIRC. Still held the chiefs in check with help from brutal officiating (not saying they were leaning one way or the other, just killed game flow), some fortunately timed turnovers and a physical, gritty game. Maybe part of the problem is they just committed to being overly physical in the secondary, forcing the refs to "not call it every play" kind of stuff. They had a PS call up talimg starter reps at outside corner, against the chiefs, and won.

Well done Indy.

where do you get from that Indy's defense is good? They got torched by the Raiders literally a week earlier.

Well regarding the Chiefs *coughs* Ahem! the Injury bug has finally caught up to them something we are very familiar with.:) They have a decent Texan team on the menu next who have been in all of their Games not an easy Team if you are licking your wounds.

POS Kelce went off on the sidelines and pushed a coach.

I can see Collins wrecking them by spying on Mahomes. (Though in reality I have no idea if "spying" works. I only know football strictly as a lifelong fan. I talk a lot of **** as you may know)

[/QUOTE] "spying" certainly worked for the old Giants when they would have Sam Huff 'spying' on Jim Brown in the classic Giants/Browns games. Huff would go after Brown on every single play of the game, regardless of whether Brown got the ball or not. As a result of which, the Browns rarely beat the Giants.

And speaking of which, on 12/14/1958, Pat Summerall made a kick similar to Vinateria's 'snow bowl' kick. With the Brown's needing only a tie to capture the league title and the Giants needing a win, Summerall, in the waning seconds of a tied game, kicked a 50+ yard field goal on a snow-covered field to secure the win and send the Giants into a Eastern Conference playoff game a week later against this same Brown's team. The Giants went on to beat the Browns 10-0 and ended up playing the Colts in the 1958 NFL Championship Game which went into overtime and eventually won by the Colts. Most fans consider this the Greatest Game ever played.

For a fascinating read of football history and how Paul Brown's coaching mirrors Bill Belichick's approach:

https://www.bigblueinteractive.com/...-york-giants-cleveland-browns-1950-1959-part/
1950-1001-NYG@CLE.jpg

Emlen Tunnell (45), Tom Landry (49); New York Giants at Cleveland Browns

If my man Bisquick hadn't pulled a Brady, the game would not have been close

The extension that Brisette signed isn’t looking so great for him right now. Even though he got a nice bump in salary, he is still near the bottom for starting quarterbacks for the next 2 years. If he had NOT signed the extension, he might have been on pace to get a mega-deal the likes of Jimmy G next season. He could have played up free agency and gone to any number of teams that needs a QB.

He is really proving to be a smart and capable young starter with a lot of upside.

Patriots win by 30 points in week 14, even with Hill and Watkins in the lineup.

Way too early to speculate on this. Both teams will be much different by the time they meet.

Reminded me of the afcc last year. We both controlled the game but mistakes and refs kept kc in it. I think if we get hfa we are fine vs kc, at kc would end up a dog fight and can go either way even if we happen to be that much better.

Every loss will be big in a race like this so last night was huge. Id love to build a 2 game lead on them just in case we dont win our head to head game and now a 2 game lead is very much within grasp.

where do you get from that Indy's defense is good? They got torched by the Raiders literally a week earlier.

Did you see what the Raiders did to the Bears this weekend? The Raiders are a playoff team, and they're too young to know it. Chucky might be onto something out there. We'll have to wait and see.

On top of that, did you miss the part where their entire starting back end is injured? With their coverage lb on top of all that. From a rating of 1 to "complete jete," how screwed would we be with Gilmore, DMac, Harmon, JJones, Jackson and Collins out of a game? Take one of the guys playing heavy de/olb reps too. The Colts are a good football team. If/when those guys get healthy they will be much more consistent. I'm not sure when and how all those guys got dinged, but I think Mack and TY were out for the oakland game as well? I could be making that **** up, so please don't hold me to it.

Not sure that beating a team by 9 points is "dominating"...

EDIT: It was actually 6 points.

Last edited:
hmm ok. Let me think.

Is it true that electrons orbit the atomic nucleus, traveling from point a in real space and time, to point b in real space and time, WITHOUT actually traveling through the space between the two points? I believe that theory is based on a sci fi show from the 80s "Quantom Leap"

@QuantumMechanic

You are correct.

What are your thoughts on the Pats game plan against the Chiefs? (Don't say we are on to NYG. This is just fun I am not on the coaching staff or team as far as you know)

First of all, the Colts really dominated that game. Time of possession was like 38 to 22 minutes.

The Chiefs could not stop the Colts run game, yet when the Colts threw, other than one interception inside the Chiefs 5, they did fine.

At times in that game I was thinking more about how strong the Colts looked rather than the other way.

Now the Chiefs were hurt, and I am not sure how bad Mahomes ankle is but I did notice a major drop off after the second bang to his ankle when he limped off the field.

He lost his pocket escapability and though he still made some sick side arms slings down the field, overall he seemed less awe inducing without as much scrambling.

It made me wonder if that is such a huge part of his game that when limited it is huge problem for them. And that is the kind of thing BB and this D could force (contain him in the pocket at least more) even if he his health through game plan and scheme.

In the first half that one TD where he escaped the pocket, ran backwards and in circles for like 20 yards then slinged a side arm TD was amazing.

But the Colts dominated them. I know our competition has been weak, but our D and coaching must be superior to the Colts by miles. (Though I think Reich is good)

We have not run great this year (at least that is how it feels to me I have not dove into the stats). We ran on them in the AFCCG. Will we use the blue print the Colts showed. 13 points at home for the Chiefs under Mahomes is very unprecedented. They have score less than 25 with Mahomes at QB since he started.

Anyway getting them their first loss happened way sooner than I thought it would. I should have realized the Lions were close too. It will be interesting to continue watching them whoever they play. Suddenly the Raiders are 1 game out and from I hear the Broncos looked "impressive" (relative to themselves of course)

PS> Chiefs Planet board was quite fun last night.
Keep in mind that the Colts have arguably the best OL in the league.

The chiefs will be there in the AFCGC, because the NFL will demand it. All the refs will be told to influence the game as much as required to make sure they win. The NFL would cream their pants for a Packers -Chiefs SB.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back