PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After todays game...Ocho cinco, keep him or cut him?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What to do with Ocho.

• Keep Him

Votes: 107 58.8%
  • Cut Him

Votes: 43 23.6%
  • Trade Him

Votes: 32 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understood the trade. Cleary it's not working out the way BB had hoped. That said I don't know what else BB can do except stick with him and see what happens.

He was noticeable in one play (from what I saw anyways)....and it was ANOTHER time where he messed up the play, and could not get on the right page with Brady. He has been an utter failure thus far in NE and still obviously does NOT know the playbook. At this point it seems like all he is doing is taking up a roster spot. I had high hopes for ocho here....but just don't see him going anywhere positive at this point.

casserly said pats were interested in lloyd who understands the pats offense throug JMcD. If its true then even lesser time for ocho to get on the field.

Yeah, lets cut Ocho and replace him with...umm, Slater? Of the less than 2 dozen catches in 2 years? Or Tate...oh wait, we don't have him anymore. Lets get a new receiver one week before the bye, and hope he'll pick up this complicated playbook quicker than a vet pro bowl WR did :bricks:

He sucks, but his reputation precedes him. Teams remember what he was once able to do, and so when he's on the field, he draws more attention away from other receivers than would some unknown slot receiver in his place.

Once you become convinced a player is not working out, you move on and put someone else in the position who might work out. This is what they did with the safety position (which looked pretty good today). The guy behind CJ is Price. If they had decided he could not do it, he would not be on the roster. It is time to move on with CJ and see what Price can do so he gets the reps during the bye week.

we need somebody on the outside right now to stretch the defense... and ocho is not even on the field half the time.. something has to be done in the next 2 weeks, or days like today will be worse against the ravens , raiders chargers or even the jets again in the playoffs..

Why would we ever cut him?? So we can go with 4 WRs with one who can't even earn playing time over the bum that is Ochocinco?

Or let me guess, people want Moss back?

No. We go with what we got. If we can get one or two catches out of Ochocinco a game then fine. It's not like there are any Branch's out there who can come in and replace him.

Cut or trade Ocho? What if Welker or Dieon go down with an injury? I think Ocho is very good WR depth.

Is he though? From what little I've seen of Ochocinco, I don't have a whole lot of confidence in his ability to step in and produce if his role needs to expand because of injury to one of those two. And you can pretty much count on Deion missing at least a good portion of a game or two down the road. I hope 85 proves me wrong; maybe the bye week is just what he needs.

We're 5-1 and enraged that our #4 WR is a no-good bum. What high standards we have.

we need somebody on the outside right now to stretch the defense... and ocho is not even on the field half the time.. something has to be done in the next 2 weeks, or days like today will be worse against the ravens , raiders chargers or even the jets again in the playoffs..

How is someone else going to get on the field? He isn't out there because we have 2 awesome tight ends. Is he really that bad? I don't think so - he can throw a nice block. The team seems to have accepted his role, why can't we? Anyone would test the waters about Brandon Lloyd. It doesn't mean the Pats are unhappy with him. Seems to me that indicates they are more unhappy with Branch, if anything, but I don't even think it indicates that.

if the pats brass was so confident in Ochocinco coming around and contributing, why would they entertain a trade of Brandon Lloyd???

thats the only thing that makes me think they might try and see what they can get for him and entertain other Receivers during the bye week who could contribute

Dumb thread started by, and supported by the masochist police who flagellate themselves whenever a player makes a mistake. If Ocho is the easy target, how soon will we have a Wes Welker poll. After all how can we afford to keep a player who only can product 46 yds after being targeted so often.

AND then we can have thecut Aaron Hernandez poll. After all how can we keep a guy who keeps getting penalties and puts the ball on the ground so consistently

And then we can have the cut Logan Mankins poll. After all how can we keep a guy who is going to get Brady killed

And then we can have the cut Tom Brady because how can we keep a QB who has 9 picks in just 6 games. Especially one that can't move in the pocket

I know I'm being sarcastic here, but what is sad, is that I wouldn't be surprised to see any of my tongue in cheek proposals come to pass. Because for some people life is no fun when you can't be bashing someone :rolleyes:

Yes - I know you're being sarcastic - but compare the production of all the players you named above to Ocho.

THAT'S why you're seeing people question whether this is what Belichick had in mind when he paid Chad $5.5 million for this season alone.

Again - I don't think today's gameplan would have featured Ocho even if he'd been tearing it up in previous games - but that being said, I wouldn't be shocked if Belichick makes a change over the bye.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to see Ocho becoming a contributor. The optimist in me says keep him.

Same. Ocho's one of my favorite players of all time, I really want to see him contribute but week after week waiting for him to breakout and hasn't happened. Maybe he's saving it for pittsburgh?

Same. Ocho's one of my favorite players of all time, I really want to see him contribute but week after week waiting for him to breakout and hasn't happened. Maybe he's saving it for pittsburgh?

Let's go with this. If he misses 3 catches in a game and costs us a win, then I will start thinking it's time to cut him. Hasn't happened yet, and I don't expect it to.

Dumb thread started by, and supported by the masochist police who flagellate themselves whenever a player makes a mistake. If Ocho is the easy target, how soon will we have a Wes Welker poll. After all how can we afford to keep a player who only can product 46 yds after being targeted so often.

AND then we can have thecut Aaron Hernandez poll. After all how can we keep a guy who keeps getting penalties and puts the ball on the ground so consistently

And then we can have the cut Logan Mankins poll. After all how can we keep a guy who is going to get Brady killed

And then we can have the cut Tom Brady because how can we keep a QB who has 9 picks in just 6 games. Especially one that can't move in the pocket

I know I'm being sarcastic here, but what is sad, is that I wouldn't be surprised to see any of my tongue in cheek proposals come to pass. Because for some people life is no fun when you can't be bashing someone :rolleyes:

I agree w/ your point. Brady only has 8 picks though.

casserly said pats were interested in lloyd who understands the pats offense throug JMcD. If its true then even lesser time for ocho to get on the field.

i wouldn't trust casserly with any patriots news

We're 5-1 and enraged that our #4 WR is a no-good bum. What high standards we have.

Everyone should know by now that just because a team wins, its major flaws have not disappeared - and those deficiencies can come back to haunt you.

But things are never as bad as people think when a team loses either.

Even if Brady hadn't engineered that TD I would have been singing the praises of our Defense and finding a huge bright side in the loss.

I'm thinking longterm - and on a longterm basis I might want to use the bye week to attempt to jump start a deep game - with Ocho or with someone else.

There really is no debate that the Ocho we see is not the Ocho Belichick expected when he signed him for $5.5 million this year alone - is there?

Last edited:
If his name was Charles Jenkins and we knew nothing else about him, and just evaluated him based on his play then everyone on this board would say he's a waste of a roster spot.

Keep him for sure. The upside potential is there, but he's just slower than expected at mastering the offense. If nothing else, he's learning to be humble, which will make him a better part of the team once he's masters more of the schemes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes