PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFCE contract news: D'Bust signs D'extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and they have Sebatian Vollmer ranked 5th. So, Ferguson is the third best tackle in the AFC East.

Gotta love it when we can use Jets troll logic against them. The Pats have a better tackle than the Jets do and they finally admit it.

Vollmer > Ferguson Co-signed by Jets fans on this board.

Never said anything negative about Vollmer or Light, even though it looks like Brick was rated much higher than Light. Also never claimed Brick was either the best LT in the division or top 5 in the league.

However, where as Brick and Light played exclusively at left tackle Vollmer did switch between left and right tackle during the season and of course has a much smaller sample size to judge him on. Of course he played very well when he was in the game but don't get all high and mighty just yet.

Never said anything negative about Vollmer or Light, even though it looks like Brick was rated much higher than Light. Also never claimed Brick was either the best LT in the division or top 5 in the league.

However, where as Brick and Light played exclusively at left tackle Vollmer did switch between left and right tackle during the season and of course has a much smaller sample size to judge him on. Of course he played very well when he was in the game but don't get all high and mighty just yet.

So what you are saying is the ratings you posted may not be accurate because of other factors like sample size? I knew after my response you Jets fans would be doing "Yah, buts" and trying to dismiss anything from the site that goes against your argument.

So if you are saying that Vollmer's sample size dismisses his ranking, shouldn't Ferguson's pass blocking ranking be taken with a grain of salt then since the Jets had the fewest pass attempts in the league and there were 16 teams that passed at least 150 more times than the Jets. That will definitely skew Ferguson's pass blocking ratings. You can't have it both ways.

Have fun digging yourself out of this hole.

Last edited:

missedthepoint.jpg

So what you are saying is the ratings you posted may not be accurate because of other factors like sample size? I knew after my response you Jets fans would be doing "Yah, buts" and trying to dismiss anything from the site that goes against your argument.

So if you are saying that Vollmer's sample size dismisses his ranking, shouldn't Ferguson's pass blocking ranking be taken with a grain of salt then since the Jets had the fewest pass attempts in the league and there were 16 teams that passed at least 150 more times than the Jets. That will definitely skew Ferguson's pass blocking ratings. You can't have it both ways.

Have fun digging yourself out of this hole.

Vollmer's situation is a little different because he had 8 games at LT and 4 at RT. How are to we know if he played exceptionally at RT and poorly at LT to pull such a high cumulative number? Again, it could easily be that he was the best LT in the game and a poor RT or just overall good across the board but how can we tell from those numbers?

Saying hes the best LT out there while using his numbers at RT to support it is a little bit misconstrued no?

Vollmer's situation is a little different because he had 8 games at LT and 4 at RT. How are to we know if he played exceptionally at RT and poorly at LT to pull such a high cumulative number? Again, it could easily be that he was the best LT in the game and a poor RT or just overall good across the board but how can we tell from those numbers?

Saying hes the best LT out there while using his numbers at RT to support it is a little bit misconstrued no?

Saying D'Bust is a top 10 LT while using 200 fewer pass attempts to support it is a little bit misconstrued no?

The Pats threw 593 times. The Jets threw 392 times. So half the season at LT for Vollmer is about 75% of the number of passing downs that Ferguson had all year. Keep on trying to spin your way out of the corner you backed yourself into.

Tannenbaum, D'Brick, and D'Brick's agent all agree that he isn't a top-10 LT. You were the one who claimed that.

The Pats threw 593 times. The Jets threw 392 times. So half the season at LT for Vollmer is about 75% of the number of passing downs that Ferguson had all year. Keep on trying to spin your way out of the corner you backed yourself into.

Too bad you can't just dumb it down like that.

You're still trying to rate how good Vollmer is at LT by using numbers from his time at RT, doesn't that seem just a bit unreasonable?

I'll concede my backing into a corner once you give me a clearly address this point.

You're still trying to rate how good Vollmer is at LT by using numbers from his time at RT, doesn't that seem just a bit unreasonable?

I'll concede my backing into a corner once you give me a clearly address this point.

polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail.jpg

Notice the 3rd column:

ProFootballFocus.com - By Player

Okay fair enough. You can clearly see he played very well at LT and apparently outplayed Brick.

So what happens next, will they trade Light this season?

I don't buy into PFF, and I don't think Vollmer played "very well" at LT. I think he was adequate with a lot of help, but that he improved over time and might make a fine LT sometime in the (near?) future. Having said that, I'd expect Light to be the LT this year, with Mankins/Kaczur at LG, Koppen at C, Neal/inevitable injury sub at RG and Vollmer at RT.

I expect that the Light 'issue' will be addressed after the season.*

*Then again, I didn't think the team would trade Seymour last year, so I make no promises at this point.

I didn't gave him the rating, PFF did.

And the point of this whole exercise is that their rankings are not reasonable.
Look through them.
For the same reason they don't tabulate sacks allowed properly their rankings are weak, and they readily admit it. You profess more confidence in the accuracy of their ratings than they do themselves.

I didn't gave him the rating, PFF did.

You pimped the rating and made a smartass comment with it as your justification. Others undercut your position using those very same ratings.

That's the point.

This is why your site is widely regarded as a joke.

Then why are you here? If you hate the Patriots, their fans and this site so much, why are you spending so much time here? I don't like the Jets, so I don't go on Jets sites. I have better things to do then go to places I hate and hang around people I hate and argue with them over why I hate them.

heh...I must have asked that question a 1000 times, T.B.

Then why are you here? If you hate the Patriots, their fans and this site so much, why are you spending so much time here? I don't like the Jets, so I don't go on Jets sites. I have better things to do then go to places I hate and hang around people I hate and argue with them over why I hate them.
Post of the month

Deus showed you that he performed better as a LT than a RT in the PFF and that his RT numbers brought it down. I also think he successful proved that PFF is not a great way to judge offensive linemen.

It seems pretty clear to me that Ferguson's numbers as far as his pass blocking ranking is positively affected by the fact the Jets didn't throw the ball very often. I guarantee you if you look at his ratio of sacks and pressures allowed per pass attempt, his rating would be pretty abismal. He is officially credited with 8 sacks allowed which is high for a LT and the Jets passed the least amount of times of any team. Ferguson is not a good pass blocker no matter what the perception is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News