PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Divisional: We're on to the Chargers (Beat LA!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I obviously hope that I’m wrong, but I’m not buying the Pats defense. I think the Chargers will take this one.

Hate to say this, but this might be the worst match up for the Pats. The Chargers might be the most complete team in the AFC this year.

I think the Pats at home gives them far more than a puncher's chance of winning, but I wouldn't bet on the Pats if this was on a neutral field.
It’s certainly a 50/50 for victory

I don't feel great about the opponent. The Chargers are a well rounded team that has been excellent on the road. It's a toss up IMO, definitely helps that we are at home and had the bye.

Rivers says he still thinks about the 2007 AFCCG...

IF Brady don't have time to step up it will be a long day for the 2018 Pats. Because of Bosa and Melvin Ingram the Chargers don't have to Blitz to get there. This is kind of D that could give a QB like Brady trouble. We are Home which is a plus but this game will be no slam dunk for our Pats. McDaniels will have to call the Game of his career with a not so Talented Pats O.

I just think most objective Pat fans realize this isn't a vintage Patriot team of years past and also the team we're going against is a really solid team.... Certainly better than any divisional round opponent that we've played in recent years. Should be a really good game.

Seems like there’s people here that would be scared even if we had to play the jets or bills next weekend.

Feels like a vintage Brady playoff game next weekend.

For general fans of the league, this is a great matchup to see. Hoping for a good game.

Not gonna lie, he annoys me sometimes but it would be nice to see Rivers get his ring someday. I just know if he does this year it will come at yall’s expense :p

Biggest differential between the two teams is in crunch time mentality. They are complete opposites. As long as LAC don't somehow run away early there's a good chance they'll bungle it in the end.
Didn't they have a few come from behind wins earlier this year?

Sorry man. On the bright side, I’m wrong a lot.

I don't know why people equate thinking we're going to lose with actively rooting against us or something.

I don't think we'll lose. I think it'll be a tough game and based on how we've played this year we'll probably win due to HFA but I wouldn't be shocked to see us lose either.

But all that being said, you absolutely can be honest about how you think we're going to do and still be a fan, ffs.

Seems like there’s people here that would be scared even if we had to play the jets or bills next weekend.

Feels like a vintage Brady playoff game next weekend.

lettuce pray

It's going to be a tight game. We'll have to get the ball out quickly against the Chargers pass rush. On the plus side, we don't have a deep passing game anyway. Our strength is the quick stuff to the RBs which seems to matchup well with LA.

I don't know why people equate thinking we're going to lose with actively rooting against us or something.

I don't think we'll lose. I think it'll be a tough game and based on how we've played this year we'll probably win due to HFA but I wouldn't be shocked to see us lose either.

But all that being said, you absolutely can be honest about how you think we're going to do and still be a fan, ffs.
Us Pats fans have all been through "political reorientation".

Maybe you missed the invite?

Anyway, I obviously hope that I’m wrong, but I’m not buying the Pats defense. I think the Chargers will take this one.
I think the Chargers are a little overrated. If Baltimore has a better QB LA probably loses

A Patriot team from 2011-2016 would probably beat these guys by 2 scores but the 2018 Patriots don’t give me the same confidence.

I’m still taking Pats 27-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore