PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship: We are on to Kansas City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chiefs have Chris Jones, Dee Ford and Justin Houston in their front 7 which will provide a challenge to the Pats O-line like they did last time.

Justin Houston didn't play last time. It'll be that much more challenging for the Pats o-line...

Last edited:
Mahomes just played his first playoff game and won. I want him hyped and hopefully leads to nervousness and overthinking. This is the Patriots. This is the playoffs and one game from the bowl. I want that in his head. Hopefully he tries to be a hero and fails against a mentally tough team.

KCs defense is not what worries me. It's Mahomes with his uncanny ability to extend plays out of the pocket.

Our defense has struggled against these contain-type QBs.
This.

I get nervous when he rolls out. That’s how he wins. Need to contain.

How does he do with press man? If you give he free release, it’s a big thing. Jam him at the line and have help over the top. Use Chung on Kelce and let Gilmore take on Watkins. Might work. Might not lol.

If you miss your jam, he’s gone.

Last time we played them, we really shut them down in the first half. They got back into the game with a few big plays and a kickoff return to the 3 yard line. Hopefully, Ghost will kick it right through the end zone this time.

Spreads to the best of my recollection

Rams -14 over Patriots
Patriots -1 over Steelers (confidence was low on Steelers after they struggled to beat the Jets in AFCDG)
Chargers -7 over Patriots (I think, not positive, that was the spread)
Chiefs -3 over Patriots

The Rams game is the only me that was highly improbable by the oddsmakers. The Chiefs game is not that far from a coin flip in Vegas. Patriots fans feel it is more improbable because it’s been 12 years since they won a road playoff game. In reality the teams are essentially even on paper, with KC getting three points just for home field.
The Steelers were 10 point favorites in that 2001/2 championship game. Sports Betting News and Vegas Odds

Reid and Co. have been in this league long enough that they should know better than to underestimate the Pats.

Honestly pulling for y’all, only because if I hear “da chiefz and Kermit are the best evah” one more time, I’m gonna pray for a meteor to take out Arrowhead stadium. o_O

The one thing we can't do it take our foot off the peddle . Today we seemed to slow down in the second half and didn't seem as sharp. That could also do with SD's second half adjustments, but 6 points in 2 quarters against the Chiefs will not do. Even if we have a sizable lead we need to keep bringing it.

Would it make sense to put Gilmore on Kelce? I think you need safety help with Tyreek Hill no matter what. Would Gilmore shut down Kelce, who is just a big WR?
Maybe Jackson on Hill with DMac help.

Can I bet the Patriots at 15% odds?!?! Because every decent bettor would take those in a heartbeat. ESPN’s FPI, like 538’s Elo System, is a highly flawed ranking/prediction tool. The problem is it doesn’t take anything into account except past data when making predictions, whereas Vegas oddsmakers use a variety of factors including common sense/human opinion.

The one thing we can't do it take our foot off the peddle . Today we seemed to slow down in the second half and didn't seem as sharp. That could also do with SD's second half adjustments, but 6 points in 2 quarters against the Chiefs will not do. Even if we have a sizable lead we need to keep bringing it.
KCs defensive coordinator isn’t stupid. They’re going to play tight man to man coverage. Perhaps we can counteract this by getting gronk involved in the passing game. If they double gronk, we can get it to Edelman or white if they get open. Maybe we can go with a run heavy gameplan by ramming it down their throats. I really don’t want a repeat of the 2014 AFCCG against Denver.

KCs defensive coordinator isn’t stupid. They’re going to play tight man to man coverage. Perhaps we can counteract this by getting gronk involved in the passing game. If they double gronk, we can get it to Edelman or white if they get open. Maybe we can go with a run heavy gameplan by ramming it down their throats. I really don’t want a repeat of the 2014 AFCCG against Denver.
If kC plays Man to Man the whole game they run the risk of wearing themselves out like the Falcons did in SB 51

If kC plays Man to Man the whole game they run the risk of wearing themselves out like the Falcons did in SB 51
We had a chance in that first game in Denver until talib went out. After that, the broncos pretty much moved the ball at will. On the ground and in the air. Our defense played phenomenal but I hope they don’t **** the bed like they did in Denver.

Hit Kelce off the line, no free releases. Double Hill, put Gilmore on Watkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST