PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship: We are on to Kansas City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can picture is our offense going on an 11 play 80 yard drive carefully dinking and dunking, converting 2 third and mediums, and then finally punching it into the end zone.

And then the Chiefs offense comes out and in 2 plays ties it up because Hill causes one guy to stumble and runs for a 65 yard score.

Jeff Howe's chart would maybe disagree with that

F6abgT1.jpg

Double Tyreke. BB should be fired if Hill burns us. Jam the **** out of Kelce. Cheifs have ****ty pass defense. Tom should spread them out. Don't want to see two straight I formation runs.

Do you see shades of Peyton manning in mahomes?

Mahomes to hill like manning to marvin Harrison or reggie Wayne

• Ha Ha
Reactions: PP2
One of the most disciplined QBs ever, and two of the most disciplined route-runners ever = Streetball to Streetball.

Got it.
Looking at the film of mahomes, he doesn’t run scared or paranoid in the pocket. He asserts his dominance over the other team’s secondary. I think he’s more deadly when he rolls out of the pocket. He killed us on those throws last time.

Looking at the film of mahomes, he doesn’t run scared or paranoid in the pocket. He asserts his dominance over the other team’s secondary. I think he’s more deadly when he rolls out of the pocket. He killed us on those throws last time.
What does that have to do with being like Manning to Harrison? They're completely different.

Jeff Howe's chart would maybe disagree with that

F6abgT1.jpg
It makes zero sense.

Here is their definition

Forced incompletion percentage, which takes all forced incompletions (pass breakups, interceptions, tight coverage) and divides them by total targets, is also tracked outside of Premium Stats 2.0 and sometimes referred to in our articles or social graphics. Shortened to FINC% at times, this statistic gives us a great idea of which defenders make plays on the ball at the highest and lowest rates.

Van Noy,1 INT 2 PDs
High, 1 INT, 1PD

By definition in the wacky world of PFF those are forced incompletions so they are wrong. Thats not to say they are great in coverage.

JC is better. JJ is faster. Gilly is the best
I could be wrong but I don't think JJ is faster. Every time there's a huge run it's always the McCourty's with the top end speed to chase people down.

I could be wrong but I don't think JJ is faster. Every time there's a huge run it's always the McCourty's with the top end speed to chase people down.

JJ is far and by far the fastest player we have in a STRAIGHT LINE.

As for the McCourtys...at least with Devin..he isn't turning his hips around when chasing down guys. It's all about the angles, IMO...much easier to chase down a WR across 1/2 the width of the field when you are 10-15 yards deep off the LOS. And as for Jason, he is usually TRAILING the guy before chasing down the guy...which suggests that he has good acceleration.

JJ has the most top end speed. 4.28/40 at the combine is no joke.... the McCourtys had 4.41 and 4.3 for Devin/Jason respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST