PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adrian Clayborn Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. Or maybe he realized that the longer he'd stay on the roster the more difficult it would be to find another spot while minimizing his leverage when BB inevitably came knocking around camp time to take a pay cut.

I think if the Pats had asked him about that it would have happened the same way it did with Allen. About a week before FA.

Either way, he is gone.. one of the less successful FA deals in recent memory.

He saw the money being tossed around, asked about his future, BB gave him an honest answer, so AC decided it was best to take his chances, and Bill gave his blessing, because he would have likely found someone new anyway.

Underrated how Bill understands the value of relationships.

My love for him is stronger than a day my friend.
:oops:

WOW

giphy.gif

Condolences my man.

The reality is they have a better, cheaper, more versatile rusher on board in Wise who is a lesser liability in early downs. I also liked the signing and like the guy but Clayborn to me was a big disappointment, never learned to play it NE way. Im sure he can find a better place for what he can do.

To me it is a clear addition by subtraction move. Time for Wise to step up further, Rivers showed glimpses that he could be the PTP player we all thought he would be and making his sophomore jump, i like Keionta as you know and love Simon.

And then there's great edge draft coming up..
___

Im not a stat guy as you know but these stats are quite telling (re-posting from yesterday) - and thats for a pure rusher that the stats favour. The film was even more telling. Also remember that Wise was battling injuries throughout the season and most significantly just before playoffs and still outplayed Clayborn by a wide margin. Im not sure Clayborn would see much field in playoffs after benching if Wise was healthy.. So the writing was on the wall

Clayborn -- reg-season -- 2.5 sacks - 11 comb.tackles - 3 TFL - 13 QB.hits
....-- playoffs -- 1 sack - 2 comb.tkl - 1TFL - 5 QB hits​

D.Wise -- reg-season -- 4.5 sacks - 30 comb.tackles - 4 TFL - 16 QB hits
unfortunately injured - missed 2 playoff games
Gotta be had either through free agency or more likely, the draft. Wise is not, nor ever has been, half of the pass rusher that Clayborn is.

I agree with you that he’s likely the better overall player, since he can stop the run. Too bad some of these pure pass rushers suck so badly at setting the edge, but we see it every single year.

My love for him is stronger than a day my friend.
:oops:
So, you’re saying that you think Conley is a sexy MF? You’re saying that he has a nice butt?

Sure why not lmfao
Hey man, he’d be a nice pickup. I’d be geeked about that kind of addition. As you know, I’m just joking around with you.

Hey man, he’d be a nice pickup. I’d be geeked about that kind of addition. As you know, I’m just joking around with you.
I know bro I can tell.
Now that Hill is in trouble they may want to resign Conley now.
Any word if we are kicking the tires on him?

I know bro I can tell.
Nothing that I’ve heard, although that goes for any WR and just about most players, so it’s hard to tell.

I know bro I can tell.

Dez?

Nice knowing you, Adrian! It was fun watching you run past a QB who stepped up in the pocket on Sundays.....

This isnt a surprise. Solid player but earning a lot for not being a starter. We are making cap space. Anyone think something big is coming??

What could it be?
AJ Green is the only receiver for trade weve been linked to.
What other receivers could be out there for trade?

I sure hope Bortles is the guy we get! $24 million for two years. Sign the guy!

We are making cap space. Anyone think something big is coming??
Clayborn stated that he asked for the release, himself, so I don’t know if we can assume that the move was made to clear out cap space.

Clayborn stated that he asked for the release, himself, so I don’t know if we can assume that the move was made to clear out cap space.
That sounds good.

Without Clayborn being cut, we had about $5.7M (currently $9.9M) to cover the contracts of Simon, Dorsett, Pennell, Brooks and Harris. While it is true that other cap moves could have been made, it seem reasonable to think that Clayborn was cut now because Belichick needed the cap space.

The only person that linked AJ Green to the trade block was our friend Incarcerated Bob. Trust me, I'd love trading for him especially because that was one of my "moonshot" moves I wrote about a few weeks back. But so far there is exactly zero smoke about the Bengals even thinking of moving on from him.

He's still in jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back