PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adding a little class to the sidelines...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't read all the posts, now up to 100, so if this has been brought up I apologize, but I think Bill does what he does to piss off the people that make rules as what he can and cannot wear. He is a coach on the sidelines, and he has to wear "official NFL licensed clothing". This is a stupid advertising ploy, so how do you get around it wear tattered official NFL clothing... it is what it is an act of defiance on BB's part about a stupid rule.

why am I surprised that QG would want such authoritarian conformity? Because I thought he liked Belichicks jedi master look. :rofl:
Why am I not surprised that AAB can't keep his political problems with me over in the appropriate forum..? I guess he has to bring his political axe into the football side of things :rolleyes:

I think it is nice to see coaches wearing suits. Landry and Reeves, now Nolan and del Rio. Why someone would have a problem with that opinion of mine is unknown....

Didn't read all the posts, now up to 100, so if this has been brought up I apologize, but I think Bill does what he does to piss off the people that make rules as what he can and cannot wear. He is a coach on the sidelines, and he has to wear "official NFL licensed clothing". This is a stupid advertising ploy, so how do you get around it wear tattered official NFL clothing... it is what it is an act of defiance on BB's part about a stupid rule.
Call me crazy but I don't think it has anything to do with that... I think it is simply a guy who wants to wear the most comfortable outfit imaginable and doesn't give the slightest damn how it looks. The last thing he has done is "piss of the people that make the rules" because he has made that hoodie-sweatshirt the hottest selling item at the Pats FanShop - which ain't bad at $75 a piece. Plus they also got the teddy bear wearing the hoodie-sweatshirt novelty item there...

I'm in favor of allowing coaches to wear whatever they want, including suits, but I have to disagree with the implication that the wearing of a suit has anything to do with class, or that today's majority definition of "snappy dresser" is "right" and should be enforced or even encouraged.

I say coaches wear pads and helmets kinda like in baseball where the managers wear unis.

Saying of dog fighting "to each his own" is tacit approval.

BTW I never got your thoughts on Brandon Meriweather stomping on someone's head. Since your the authority on class and like to unjustifiably rip the Jets for being unclassy perhaps you would like to address this topic?

Call me crazy but I don't think it has anything to do with that... I think it is simply a guy who wants to wear the most comfortable outfit imaginable and doesn't give the slightest damn how it looks. The last thing he has done is "piss of the people that make the rules" because he has made that hoodie-sweatshirt the hottest selling item at the Pats FanShop - which ain't bad at $75 a piece. Plus they also got the teddy bear wearing the hoodie-sweatshirt novelty item there...

I think this is the same thing as the injury report, marginal compliance to a stupid NFL rule...

I say coaches wear pads and helmets kinda like in baseball where the managers wear unis.

HAHA! Can you imagine that in every sport. What if Phil Jackson had to wear a Lakers uniform? :rofl:

Their organization is very classy but some of their players are all but classy and their head coach. Brady is #1 in my book great guy class act but dont get me started on Belicheck who left the Jets and in the process left like a snake and robbed a dead man. And other guys like Harrison Hobbs Colvin Vrabel Wilfork

Boo hoo, cry me a river. Parcells did the same thing to us, get over it.

I never saw where he said this. he compared dog fighting to horse racing. He apologized today.

Maybe you should have, like, listened to his interview or actually read an article about it, but since you didn't, here you go, from PFT's website:

Asked about his personal feelings regarding dog fighting, Vilma said: "I never looked at it one way or another. . . . Of course, dog fighting is much more extreme, but you can equate it to horse racing. You have animal activists that don't condone horse racing. They feel that the horses are being tested brutally or whatever the situation is. For me, I'm not an animal activist and it's to each his own."
Regarding Brandon Meriwether, I was less than thrilled when the Pats drafted him, but getting carried away with an onfield scrum is a little different to me than saying since I don't care about animal abuse, I'm not going to knock someone who abuses animals. But since I tend to like animals more than most people I meet, Meriwether's actions offend me less than Vilma's comments.

Thank you Mangenoius for turning a post about wearing suits on the sidelines to a pats hatefest. And BTW, NO team whose center was Kevin Mawae should comment about Class.

(i didnt read all the posts so if any of this has been said, my bad)

Last edited:
Maybe you should have, like, listened to his interview or actually read an article about it, but since you didn't, here you go, from PFT's website:

Asked about his personal feelings regarding dog fighting, Vilma said: "I never looked at it one way or another. . . . Of course, dog fighting is much more extreme, but you can equate it to horse racing. You have animal activists that don't condone horse racing. They feel that the horses are being tested brutally or whatever the situation is. For me, I'm not an animal activist and it's to each his own."
Regarding Brandon Meriwether, I was less than thrilled when the Pats drafted him, but getting carried away with an onfield scrum is a little different to me than saying since I don't care about animal abuse, I'm not going to knock someone who abuses animals. But since I tend to like animals more than most people I meet, Meriwether's actions offend me less than Vilma's comments.

Im sorry I have a life and cant be by my tv at a moments notice. Meriwweather stomping on someone on a field is worse then Vilma, im glad I got your take.

Thank you Mangenoius for turning a post about wearing suits on the sidelines to a pats hatefest. And BTW, NO team whose center was Kevin Mawae should comment about Class.

Quick question, b/c one player on my team was perceived as a classless guy does that ruin it for the bunch? I dont see it that way if you have more good guys then bad, but JMO

Last edited:

I would apologize but someone will aboslutely spin it in a negative manner. Any who sorry it came to this. I at one point did answer the question if that makes it any better

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes