PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Schefter: Patriots want minimum of 1st and 4th round picks for QB Jimmy Garoppolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaguars would be the best landing spot assuming they don't hire a complete boob of a head coach. They have the pieces in place on offense for success.

Don't forget that the 49ers could be a landing spot for him too. Chip Kelly offense might be a good fit, if he isn't fired.

If they don't go at least that much and a fairly high #1 I wouldn't bother moving him.

My question is how does he know this? Pats usually don't talk about this. The fact that he somehow got wind of this means the Pats are hoping to trade him.

If they don't go at least that much and a fairly high #1 I wouldn't bother moving him.

My question is how does he know this? Pats usually don't talk about this. The fact that he somehow got wind of this means the Pats are hoping to trade him.

But only if they get a king's ransom for him.

Would be pretty awesome to get the #1 overall pick from the Browns.... LOL

Would he go to the hated Colts if he gets Pagano AND Grigson's job? As bad as Irsay is, Josh could save Luck's career and dominate a weak division for years to come. And I'm sure he'd get a huge 7 figure contract.

Of course, this would really suck and he'd be on our sh*t list ever more!

Go Pats!

Would he go to the hated Colts if he gets Pagano AND Grigson's job? As bad as Irsay is, Josh could save Luck's career and dominate a weak division for years to come. And I'm sure he'd get a huge 7 figure contract.

Of course, this would really suck and he'd be on our sh*t list ever more!

Go Pats!

We're talking about Garoppolo.

Yep. The Pats are dangling the bait out there. If some team is desperate enough to meet those demands then see ya, Jimmy. Upon thinking about it further, something tells me that they're selling high, though, and would probably trade him for less than that.

Please, please, please...let it be the Browns since, unless they pull off a miracle and beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh on Sunday, they will have the first pick. I want this for two reasons:

1) It will drive the Jets fanbase absolutely berserk.

2) I really, really, really want Roger Goodell to have to say: "With the first pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots select...." (OK, OK. I know that Belichick would trade it for a couple hundred lower picks, but I can still dream, can't I?).

Another misleading headline.
There is nothing saying the Patriots have set the bar anywhere.
Adam Schefter was asked where the bar is and HE THINKS it starts at what Minnesota gave up to get a former #1 pick who has started a number of years in the league, after their starting QB was lost for the season just before week 1.

I'm thinking he's definitely trade bait. when was the last time the Patriots sent in the back qb to start the 4th quarter?

A 2nd, 4th and a role player from the Browns. That 2nd rounder would be decent return as its almost a 1st rounder.

Didn't he just tweet that he has sources close to the Patriots saying we won't trade him? Which one is it?
Mort & Schefter's Week 16 notebook: Five best Coach of the Year candidates

It didn't say we wouldn't trade him. The quote is:

Garappolo and McCarron are under contract for 2017, so interested teams will have to broker a trade, which might not be easy with the Vikings and Eagles establishing a steep quarterback trade market this past offseason. The Patriots will want a lot, as will the Bengals. And just last week, one person close to the Patriots said he would be "stunned" if New England traded Garoppolo.

So if we accept that a 1st and a 4th is 'a lot', then this one person might indeed be 'stunned'.

However I doubt anything will come of this.

Browns have 2 picks in first round

1st pick
10th pick

Would be huge if we got the 10th pick.

Going to be a busy offseason

BB's style is to acquire a lot of lesser picks rather than go for an early 1st rounder. If we got an early 1st I'm confident he'd trade it for other picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft