PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Rodgers positive for COVID (update: “furious” status leaked, claims he didn’t lie, attacks NFL protocols)

Status
Not open for further replies.
..,,But nothing will happen because a large proportion of the USA, ie of their fans, is into the same antivaxx bs as Qaron.
Everybody (including me) is talking about what an idiot he is, but the way he played his hand and made himself out to be a heroic warrior against the “woke crowd” obviously completely froze and terrified the NFL who don’t want to lose fans of that persuasion, as you pointed out. In a way it may prove to be cynically clever. Although he has now torpedoed his second career opportunities as a Jeopardy host or hawking insurance, maybe he has a future on far right talk radio or TV. Or, a politician, he certainly seems to have the required lack of a moral compass and ability to stay in the news.

Bendover Bob has no problem with Tom Brady being raked over the coals for the laws of physics while Aaron Rogers, Guilty As Charged of violating a league claimed important health & safety rule (sic) skates free.
I despise the NYFL and the 32.
I still love the fact that the slime had to hand the Lombardi Trophy over to TB12 at the end of the next season. Way to go, Goodell!

Everybody (including me) is talking about what an idiot he is, but the way he played his hand and made himself out to be a heroic warrior against the “woke crowd” obviously completely froze and terrified the NFL who don’t want to lose fans of that persuasion, as you pointed out. In a way it may prove to be cynically clever. Although he has now torpedoed his second career opportunities as a Jeopardy host or hawking insurance, maybe he has a future on far right talk radio or TV. Or, a politician, he certainly seems to have the required lack of a moral compass and ability to stay in the news.
Yeah, in a world where the far right embraced DT, I'm sure Kaaron Rodgers would be just as welcomed.

You guys can't help slipping in your political bias. Stop the thread pollution.
I would agree on principle, but the thing is that COVID was made political from the start.

Something that was a fringe thing (being antivaxx) was legitimized by some people for very political reasons (note that all of these people are vaccinated). It became a culture war when it should not have been. Many people became antivaxx because of it and were not before. Ironically, it was that administration that did the right thing and launched operation warp speed... but they lose power and started attacking all of the health measures.

Rodgers cleverly played into that. Yes, he was heavily criticized, but he is also now backed and called a hero by many. He made himself bulletproof because going after him would anger his new supporters and make him a martyr. At this point, the last thing the NFL needs if it wants the protocol to still be followed and a certain portion of the fanbase to be up in arms (like they were for Kaepernick) is to nip the controversy into the bud.

You guys can't help slipping in your political bias. Stop the thread pollution.
For my part, that wasn’t my intention. I suspect the only reason that Rodgers is at least temporarily trying to make himself into a champion of the right wing anti-woke crowd is that crowd just happens to be more sympathetic to anti-vaxers, and that is where he got his hand caught in the cookie jar.

If Rodgers had got his hand caught in some other cookie jar that the left is more sympathetic with I wouldn’t have been surprised to see him try to style himself as a champion of the left against the evil right if that helped him with his narrative of being a victim bravely fighting for the greater good ;)

No, he took something still got sick and took a chance of dying because of his stupidity and selfishness.
So people aren’t allowed to get sick anymore. He recovered and didn’t need hospital care so how is that selfish. America is supposedly the world wide leader in medical care yet they lead all nations in covid deaths by a wide margin. Stupidity is thinking these flip flopping medical bureaucrats know what they are doing, idiocy is blindly following them. Go actually read the clinical studies and research the cdc data for yourself and not take their word for it. Rodgers chance of dying from covid is less than being struck by lightning. With my age and health concerns I got my vaccinations, and it’s totally understandable why a healthy young man doesn’t need it. The risk outweigh and benefit for certain age groups.

So people aren’t allowed to get sick anymore. He recovered and didn’t need hospital care so how is that selfish. America is supposedly the world wide leader in medical care yet they lead all nations in covid deaths by a wide margin. Stupidity is thinking these flip flopping medical bureaucrats know what they are doing, idiocy is blindly following them. Go actually read the clinical studies and research the cdc data for yourself and not take their word for it. Rodgers chance of dying from covid is less than being struck by lightning. With my age and health concerns I got my vaccinations, and it’s totally understandable why a healthy young man doesn’t need it. The risk outweigh and benefit for certain age groups.
Uh-huh.

The guy has Covid toe now which is affecting his play. If I'm a fan of his team, I tell him to take the damn vaccine so I can win games. Take the politics out of it. Win games. That's the fans concern.

Covid after effects are known and proven.

@RobertWeathers How the hell did I not weigh in on a Aaron Rodgers thread with our girl?
s-l400.jpg

I think he wanted to debunk the story that he had Covid-Toe
But it was RODGERS who started this by telling McAffee that HE had "covid toe" in the first place. Maybe it was tongue in cheek. I don't know I didn't hear the show, but again it was Rodgers who made the comment and provoked another article (NYTimes maybe) which talked about a legitimate Covid side affect which is a bad skin rash of the toes. A skin ailment, while Rodgers' is a bone injury.

The problem is Rodgers again trying to make it all about HIM. He is a complete ****. If he wasn't a massively talented QB he would have been cast into oblivion a long time ago. Instead he has teased fans with his talent, yet has choked so many times in key games that his shoes are caked with the stuff. But he will be the first to remind everyone that "Its not MY fault. I'm only here to take the credit, not the blame". I feel sorry for the great fans in GB, who have to be represented so badly by this fraud.

He needs to get out of the NFCCG first..
I was thinking Rodgers may do this because he is so thinned skinned and hated being called out over the vax stuff. I actually thought he would do it in the playoffs though not the SB. I agree with you, he has to make it out of the NFC first. LOL

He is probably retiring at season's end as the protocols are only going to be stricter next season with the booster being mandatory.

Rodgers knows a stunt like that will probably be a good reason to keep him out of the HOF. No chance he'll do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots