PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Rodgers is not a Top 5 QB

I am not an expert but i agree..
he is not also for me in the top 5...at least now

But for me he was in the past a top 5 one

send this to Chris Simms

This same article put Brees and Rivers ahead of Brady. SMH.

I have hated the very many articles in previous years stating that
Rodgers was the best QB in the league, better than Brady. It was nonsense and ignorant. But, to think that Rodgers is not an elite QB is equally dumb. He is and should be a joy to watch by fans of football.

This same article put Brees and Rivers ahead of Brady. SMH.

I have hated the very many articles in previous years stating that
Rodgers was the best QB in the league, better than Brady. It was nonsense and ignorant. But, to think that Rodgers is not an elite QB is equally dumb. He is and should be a joy to watch by fans of football.

Rivers shouldn't even be in the conversation. Dude looked shell shocked here at Gillette this January

O.P. pulled a list that has Phillip rivers as the #2 QB in the league as an attempt to minimize Rodgers.

incredulous.gif

Pretty interesting how Rodgers will respond to a coaching change. Outside of that stretch in 2016, he hasn't looked the same ever since getting shellacked by Denver in 2015.

Top 5 right now (no order): Mahomes, Brady, Wilson, Ryan, Brees

If you’re taking winning/losing out of the question, why isn’t Matt Ryan better than Rodgers? Ryan has the offensive numbers and scoring to justify a high QB ranking. The Packers offense has not been elite for years. It’s laughable that so many “football people” still rank this guy first. I’ve seen so many QB lists this summer and don’t recall a single that has Brady over Rodgers. Just weird...almost Peyton-esque.

Anyway, the article is a huge letdown. It doesn’t even get into the criticism that we’ve seen on this site (and even by a bunch of people on Packers sites) which is that Rodgers puts personal stats above scoring/winning. Last year’s INT-less streak, in contrast to Brady doing it in 2010 on 14-2 domination tour, is a great example. Rodgers wouldn’t take risky passes because he didn’t want to snap his record. His stats don’t account for sacks taken either.

Was interesting to see he’s only 33-30 and has a 7.1 YPA since 2014 or so. That’s some good research...but then the top 5 rankings makes you question the sanity of this writer.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back