PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez charged with murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed it in a prior post, but nowhere did I hear the DA state that Hernandez pulled the trigger. Short of possession of the weapon with his prints on it and/or direct testimony from the other two "accessories" a murder 1 or murder 2 case is circumstantial. We'll have to see the remainder of the state's case

Hot dam the guy in deep. Now what about the other two people.

I saw on some news channel that the other two guys did NOT know Lloyd at all before that night. Hernandez knew him, the other two didn't.

Well, at least Aaron can marry his cellmate now.

Maybe I missed it in a prior post, but nowhere did I hear the DA state that Hernandez pulled the trigger. Short of possession of the weapon with his prints on it and/or direct testimony from the other two "accessories" a murder 1 or murder 2 case is circumstantial. We'll have to see the remainder of the state's case

The prosecutor recounted a conversation that occurred in the car so that means at least one of the two men are cooperating with the investigation.

Why kill a friend over "talking with the wrong people"?. It's not like he is a gangster with a history of killing people - this was practically his first time offense. Somehow, it appears that Ahearn began to have delusions of himself as one of those Colombian or Mexican drug cartel bosses.

They don't have to prove it to a mathematical certainty. Beyond a reasonable doubt not beyond all doubt.

Yes, and there is nothing that proves it beyond a reasonable doubt.

So I can catch passes from Tom freakin' Brady, perhaps be an NFL immortal, get coached by arguably the greatest in the history of the game, certainly in the game today, or can pop this guy in the head who "disrespected" me.

Let me think for a second...

I agree. I wouldn't be shocked if they did get him off but the gun charges will be impossible to beat. He will go to jail the question is for how long.

No doubt, the gun charges are clear as day. With such good lawyers I wouldn't be shocked if he avoided the worst charges.

They don't have to prove it to a mathematical certainty. Beyond a reasonable doubt not beyond all doubt.

True. After all, in theory, it is possible that aliens from Alpha Centauri kidnapped Hernandez, put a doppelganger in his place who carried out the murder, and then returned Hernandez to Earth.

But that's not a "reasonable" alternative explanation.

And even if they can't prove first-degree, the jury can still consider second-degree and manslaughter (although that latter one seems unlikely).

The prosecution definitely crafted a well laid out case based on the circumstantial evidence they've been able to pull together in this short time for this hearing. They did a very good job conveying motive and high likelihood of being at the scene to prevent AH from being granted bail . However, while possible with only circumstantial evidence, the prosecution most likely will need some sort of hard evidence to get the first degree murder charge to stick (gun used in the shooting by AH, AH DNA at the scene, eye witness, video footage). This will definitely be an interesting case to track to see what the prosecution is able to turn up.

I hope people on Patsfans.com are not surprised...what made me sick is just because Aaron Hernandez was a N.E. Patriot who catch passes from Tom Brady...some were secretly in their hearts trying to defend him. It shows how sick and twisted people can be when we are not personally affected. Thank God I am personally pass that stage. Aaron should spend the rest of his life behind bars, he's lucky they don't have the death penalty in Massachusetts.

Why kill a friend over "talking with the wrong people"?. It's not like he is a gangster with a history of killing people - this was practically his first time offense. Somehow, it appears that Ahearn began to have delusions of himself as one of those Colombian or Mexican drug cartel bosses.

Only makes sense if he was on drugs and then remembered his friend and got angry.

I don't know, if Odin Lloyd is talking to people you don't like, why not stop hanging out with Lloyd. I guess that would be the adult thing to do.

That would have been the quickest and easiest solution available to Hernandez.

No matter how immature and stupid a person is, murder shouldn't even make the list of how to handle a situation like that.

I used to think that Rae Carruth had locked up the NFL's dumbest criminal award, but Hernandez may have just taken it away.

The prosecutor recounted a conversation that occurred in the car so that means at least one of the two men are cooperating with the investigation.

Not necessarily. That could have come from AH himself through questioning.

Only makes sense if he was on drugs and then remembered his friend and got angry.

No, it doesn't only make sense if he was on drugs. You don't need drugs to be irrational and paranoid.

Hell, he could just simply be an angry drunk. Though, I guess to be fair alcohol is a drug.

Yes, and there is nothing that proves it beyond a reasonable doubt.

In your mind maybe. Lots of people are convicted on that especially if they have testimony from a participant. For some people there is no proof good short of having the whole thing on video.

We'll see.

I would not be surprised if Bob Kraft knew about the charges beforehand.
He contracts with the state police for route 1 details and with local police
for stadium area details.

route 1 detail? Kraft is friends with the governor. The governor is ultimately the head of the MSP

they knew.

I hope people on Patsfans.com are not surprised...what made me sick is just because Aaron Hernandez was a N.E. Patriot who catch passes from Tom Brady...some were secretly in their hearts trying to defend him. It shows how sick and twisted people can be when we are not personally affected. Thank God I am personally pass that stage. Aaron should spend the rest of his life behind bars, he's lucky they don't have the death penalty in Massachusetts.

At first I said hold judgment thinking that perhaps the victim went off by himself from AH’s house and got killed in a drug deal. When the story came out about the destroyed security system and phone, I figured he was involved though I knew there was a slim chance he was just trying to shield himself from drug charges. Now it is laid out and I have no doubt he is the killer. Some more folks may take some time to come to this decision but you can’t really judge people by this. They think they know him because we watch him and people take longer to accept someone they know has done wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST