PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez charged with murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have an excellent chance of recovering it all, as well as negating the cap hit.

Source? Lot of sources are disagreeing with you, and nobody has agreed yet.

Forgive my huge ignorance of the law - would the charge be any different whether AH pulled the trigger or just organized the kill? No, right?

I think it depends on the state? I know in Texas, for example, if you're part of a conspiracy to commit you're just as culpable as if you had pulled the trigger yourself.

Tim Fox said on TV earlier today that someone smart enough to absorb the Pats offensive playbook probably is not stupid enough to do what Ahern has now been charged with. :rolleyes:

Based on the one short conversation I had with him in college, Tim Fox shouldn't be taken seriously as a judge of intelligence.

I have never in my life read 11 entire pages of a thread and had chills to the bone the whole time.

I missed the arraignment.....had to pick up my son. Read it all here.

I truly, honestly am so shocked, so stunned, there isn't a word to describe it. I said when this happened I was sure he couldn't be the shooter. I can't believe it. I can't BELIEVE it. What a complete nightmare. And I'm just a fan of the team! I can't even imagine what Odin Lloyd's family must be living through.

If this is true, dirtbag is too kind a word.

I have never heard such a well laid out and investigated case before at this early stage. video all over the place, cell records, texts, etc... Very impressive police work

That is what is completely stunning to me. You would think it would be much more than that- perhaps the victim had threatened or abused his girlfriend, or that drugs were involved, or that the victim had knowledge of something that might lead to Hernandez being prosecuted.

But no... it all came down to small gossipy talk.

What a horrendous downfall.

Of all the possible narratives, I think no one expected this.

Gang/street/drug crime has this aspect to it. It's this trivial. It places that little value on human life. Poor Odin Lloyd.

He will be unavailable at the start of training camp. Under the CBA that would trigger the personal conduct policy to get back the bonus. The question is whether cutting him before that date actually nullifies that.

Apparently it does, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats and the commissioner's office have been in touch, and all sides have agreed that it's in everyone's best interest for Hernandez to be out of the league if a murder charge was forthcoming. Maybe the league helped facilitate that by not holding it against the Pats in the event that they try to get their cap space back?

I have never heard such a well laid out and investigated case before at this early stage. video all over the place, cell records, texts, etc... Very impressive police work

Not only that but they held their cards very close to their chest. We had no idea up to the court hearing that the evidence was overwhelming and that Hernandez would be charged with murder in the first degree.

They laid out a ton of detail for an arraignment, seemed to want to seal the deal on no bail.

Also, unless the other two occupants are going to be co-defendants, you have to wonder if they struck witness plea-deals.

Most people assume the two other occupants were the guys at Hernandez's house the next morning. But those two guys were relations, one being the uncle of Hernandez's girlfriend.

The prosecutor, however, noted that part of why they don't trust Hernandez with bail is that the two men who were with him were given one of the rental cars, and got out of town scot-free the night of the murder. It sounded like Hernandez has not told the police who those men are, nor do the police know who they are. In fact, the prosecutor mentioned that one of the men in the video matches the verbal description given about a man who accompanied Hernandez when he was bothered by a Jets fan in Providence last month.

Why would the prosecutor say all this if the occupant of the car was one of the men who was at the house last Tuesday morning?

he has cameras..walks in home with gun...doesn't take that part out? WOW

I think it depends on the state? I know in Texas, for example, if you're part of a conspiracy to commit you're just as culpable as if you had pulled the trigger yourself.

It is the law here too but if you were under threat yourself and cooperate you can be a witness or they could cut a deal.

I always tell my son this and that he needs to be careful who he is with.

Of all the possible narratives, I think no one expected this.

Gang/street/drug crime has this aspect to it. It's this trivial. It places that little value on human life. Poor Odin Lloyd.

Seriously, absolutely crazy. He seriously killed a guy because the guy talked to someone who he doesn't like? This is so ridiculous that I can't wrap my head around it.

Tears now. I think they have him 100%

I am one who has been adamant that he is innocent until proven guilty, to not jump to conclusions. I still maintain that AH's case must be presented before a decision is fair. Please keep in mind that an advocate just stepped up and advocated his case, the district attorney. When AH's attorney's get to present their case, the situation could seem very different to you and many.

With that said, I am glad the DA's case was presented and the evidence, if true, strongly, albeit circumstantially, that AH shot the victim or was involved. Given this, given that the case laid out suggests with strength that AH did this, I am glad the Patriot's released him. Even if he didn't do this, the circumstances sound very bad for a Patriot player to be involved in and it is best he was released. And if a presentation by AH's defense does not address the evidence in a meaningful, factual way that refutes it, AH given a prison term is a good thing. But again, please keep in mind you just heard an advocate of one side. One side of story has been presented, another side of a story may exist that is also compelling. Likely? I don't know. Possible? Certainly.

I think one of the guys has flipped on him. Sounded like they were in the car with him (police that is)

Apparently it does, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats and the commissioner's office have been in touch, and all sides have agreed that it's in everyone's best interest for Hernandez to be out of the league if a murder charge was forthcoming. Maybe the league helped facilitate that by not holding it against the Pats in the event that they try to get their cap space back?

Umm, Goodell hates the Pats, there is no way this is going to happen.

Judge Judy says it best....

h16B2B3AA

Re: And the Hernandez charges are....

Sad to hear, but he is still innocent until proven guilty. Granted if he has 5 gun charges, they may have the murder weapon in custody.

honestly man? WTF is wrong with people, after listening to that extensive and detailed timeline, how could ANYONE in their right mind think the man is innocent. He shot his buddy 5 times in cold blood, 2 of which were while he was on the ground, on his back, no doubt pleading for his life..he pointed his 45 Cal hand gun at his chest and pulled the trigger not once, but twice to ensure death...he was seen carrying the same gun(which is still missing) minutes later by his OWN SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM...

He lured the dude out with the sole purpose of killing him, Odin knew what was coming, thus the text messages...AH is a damn monster and I hope he gets gang raped in prison for the rest of his miserable pathetic existence....

Source? Lot of sources are disagreeing with you, and nobody has agreed yet.

Those sources you speak of came to their opinions before the charges were read.

I feel so bad for his baby. theres a good chance he or she will be growing up without a father. I feel awful for the odin family. the whole thing makes me sick. such a total lack of respect for life and how his actions affect others. to stand over somebody and shoot them boggles my mind. I just cant understand it.

I think one of the guys has flipped on him. Sounded like they were in the car with him (police that is)

Did you not listen to the last charges? He provided financial support to the two other suspects to flee the country...thus the aiding and abetting charge.

If the Patriots screwed up their cap space unnecessarily, there finally will be evidence to support the "Patriots are cheap" meme.

But if Goodell doesn't make the cap space situation alright ... well, I won't finish that sentence.

(Nothing from me to add here about AHern that hasn't been said many times already.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST