PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez’s suicide notes revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
AH, the player, was an amazing talent with so much potential. He was a difference maker.

It’s sad that AH, the person was so horrid. I’m sure some will judge, but I just don’t believe in his ability to change - he was an awful person and I don’t think the world is worse for having lost him. The saddest part is the child. She never deserved any of this...

The saddest part is the child. She never deserved any of this...

And if she grows up and does bad things will you also say she was just an 'awful' person, or would you consider the early trauma in her life?

I'm not seeking to coddle, I'm seeking to understand and to ponder what we as a society can possibly do to deter crime. I think it tends to come down to a fundamental issue of nurture vs. nature and it seems like certain types of people tend to lean more towards the 'nature' side of that argument and just want to label people like AH as inherently bad and nothing could have been done to stop them from becoming a murderer.

By certain types of people I mean right wing/religious people who want to view crime more of an essentially predestined condition of the soul rather than the sum of a person's upbringing and environment.

And if she grows up and does bad things will you also say she was just an 'awful' person, or would you consider the early trauma in her life?

I'm not seeking to coddle, I'm seeking to understand and to ponder what we as a society can possibly do to deter crime. I think it tends to come down to a fundamental issue of nurture vs. nature and it seems like certain types of people tend to lean more towards the 'nature' side of that argument and just want to label people like AH as inherently bad and nothing could have been done to stop them from becoming a murderer.

If she turns out to be a bad person, so be it. Each person can be/not be a criminal. If she does what AH did : she’d be a bad person. Millions of humans have had major challenges in their life w/o resorting to crime.

If she turns out to be a bad person, so be it. Each person can be/not be a criminal. If she does what AH did : she’d be a bad person. Millions of humans have had major challenges in their life w/o resorting to crime.

Yes, but like anything in life, the explanation for why one commits crime is not black-and-white nor binary as you seem to be positing. Lots of variables, lots of grey area. And one's upbringing and early experiences in life is one of those many variables.

Last edited:

Yes, but like anything in life, the explanation for why one commits crime is not black-and-white or binary as you seem to be positing. Lots of variables, lots of grey area. And one's upbringing and early experiences in life is one of those many variables.

And if we could understand all the variables in the raw material each person was provided, and then the impact of their experience of life, we could understand and predict behavior completely.

Labeling people, positive or negative, is a way to avoid exploring all of this.

FWIW, as near as I can tell from what I've read, Hernandez's life seems to have run off the rails after the sudden death of his father.

By certain types of people I mean right wing/religious people who want to view crime more of an essentially predestined condition of the soul rather than the sum of a person's upbringing and environment.

miscellaneous-soap_box-speech-shout-opinion-bubble-dba0048_low.jpg

Aaron Hernandez was an unreal talent and he was truly special. He could line up anywhere and would be devastating, him and Gronk were freaks of nature together.

He had some very very bad personal demons mentally. He also didn’t know how to handle these at all.

I feel so sorry for everyone involved in the whole Aaron Hernandez scenario as it’s jusr devastating.

Would be interesting to read this book and the extracts.

FWIW, as near as I can tell from what I've read, Hernandez's life seems to have run off the rails after the sudden death of his father.

Agree. He treated Kraft like he was his dad if you go by what was said during the trial and how well himself and Kraft got on

I'm intrigued by this CTE thing. Is it legit? Or is the author and the NFL together on this to promote an agenda? I wonder if the medical reports are cited and credible. I don't remember hearing about AH having concussions or anything. I thought he had chronic ankle issues.

I'm intrigued by this CTE thing. Is it legit? Or is the author and the NFL together on this to promote an agenda? I wonder if the medical reports are cited and credible. I don't remember hearing about AH having concussions or anything. I thought he had chronic ankle issues.

There were medical reports after his suicide stating that he had advanced stages of CTE.

According to the medical examiner, AH's CTE was the worst case anyone had seen. Whether or not this played any part in his degrading life I cannot say, but I WOULD hazard a guess that there is some connection there.

^ That's what I saw too but just wasn't sure if they were fully credible or not. I'm also wondering if PCP and other drug use can contribute to that or not.

Many people will have differing views : that makes perfect sense.

But I’ll stick to « it doesn’t matter your upbringing, you do not need to kill people ». Trying to understand why someone brutally murders others might be interesting to some. I don’t find it interesting at all.

While I understand, intellectually, how some people might attribute senseless violence on past experiences, I continue to believe that if you act as AH did - you are a bad person. To me, there is no grey in his particular case. I don’t forsee an argument strong enough to convince me that « this had to happen ». AH is the author of this tragedy. He owns it forever.

He was (potentially) a great player. He was a bad person.

Why release this? Family didn't need more publicity, let them live.

the family probably needed money since the trial cost most of it, and the victims are probably taking the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes