PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Donald roughing on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree! Jonathan Jones first made contact with Goff while his foot is still on the ground in the field of play. His entire body is still in the field of play. It was a clean legal hit.
Agree but the NFL has called personal fouls on rocking QBs when its clear intent they are trying to go OOB

No. That is not body slamming. That is tossing.

This is.

:50 mark

Reminds me of one of my favorite sequences from the past few years:

Ward is still flexing.

Reminds me of one of my favorite sequences from the past few years:

Ward is still flexing.

They actually cancelled the fine on that Ward BS

Agree. The Goff layout as he was going OOB was the equalizer.

Even KVN had the opportunity to crush Goff in the flat and didn't.

I disagree! Jonathan Jones first made contact with Goff while his foot is still on the ground in the field of play. His entire body is still in the field of play. It was a clean legal hit.

The non-call when Goff was going OOB was the equalizer to the non-call when Donald took Brady to the ground a microsecond after the pass left TB’s hand.

Both were equally not infractions. Non-calls were correct both times. All equal.

That pic looks like both feet in bounds.

Hard to tell if his left foot is in the air or on the ground, but in either case, I think the hit by Jones was clean, while the Donald "toss" was a bit over the top.

Last edited:
Hard to tell if his left foot is in the air or on the ground, but in either case, I think the hit by Jones was clean, while the Donald "toss" was a bit over the top.
From the shadow, if it’s off the ground it’s just barely been picked up. It’s also his trail foot so it’s definitely in bounds not out of bounds.

Donald’s throwing Brady down was no more illegal, or objectionable, than the Jones hit on Goff. It’s football. It’s a physical game. They’re not playing flag football in the NFL, for either team.

Ref "im going to start calling it"

I’m okay with it, they let both defenses play a bit more.
I’d say most refs in the league would have thrown a flag on that one.

Over. Pats won by 10 points. Suck on that the rest of the offseason.

I really wish we never got that flag in the Chiefs game. That was truly a bad call in our favor.
Having said that, Donald should’ve been flagged 15 yards. Our friends at Peta are livid over a goat being mishandled that way...and also that massive fur coat from the halftime show.
They simultaneously missed a Chiefs DPI on that play so it evened things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back