PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Donald roughing on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were numerous OOB hits in that game, on both sides.

I really wish we never got that flag in the Chiefs game. That was truly a bad call in our favor.
Having said that, Donald should’ve been flagged 15 yards. Our friends at Peta are livid over a goat being mishandled that way...and also that massive fur coat from the halftime show.
I think the RTP call in KC is over blown. Brady's helmet moved around and the defender clearly touched his facemask. It was a ticky tack call but not some egregious end of NFCCG type call

The warning was the correct way to handle that situation. Emotions are running high, we had some close calls on Goff. Let them play unless it is way out of hand. Next time he does that you can always call him on it, but it did not happen.

I think the RTP call in KC is over blown. Brady's helmet moved around and the defender clearly touched his facemask. It was a ticky tack call but not some egregious end of NFCCG type call

Also, the rule states that a forcible hit to the head or neck area is roughing the passer. I think in that case, the KC defender kind of took a tomahawk chop on Brady before he was really in the act of passing.

Had the ball been nearer his head area in the act of passing it might look more like he was swapping at the ball.

Earlier in the game we hit Mahomes in the shoulder, but it was a tad lighter of a hit and the ball was already going past his head in the act of passing, so that contact was more along the lines of trying to stop the pass.

what I hate is when I watch gronk mauled every play for years, cooks was interfered with on every play against the jags last year. No calls but the one blatant one. They complain about that even now.

The bottom line is that Donald was excessive with his takedown and I could see that drawing a flag 6 out of 10 times. For the Super Bowl though, I'm glad they 'let em play'.
Agree. The Goff layout as he was going OOB was the equalizer.

Even KVN had the opportunity to crush Goff in the flat and didn't.

My issue with it was the ref was out of position, and whichever ref was on the telecast said as much. I am sure he saw the arm swipe and the helmet movement and threw the flag. I am quite confident that from his poor position, it looked like Tom got punched in the head.

Agree. The Goff layout as he was going OOB was the equalizer.

Even KVN had the opportunity to crush Goff in the flat and didn't.
I think KVN lined him up for the kill shot and Goff pulled up and the last split second. I would love to know what KVN thought in that instant. Do they think "I can't kill this guy because he's the QB?" You know in the old days, a guy like LT destroys Goff. They are picking him up off the carpet with a spatula and a vacuum.

I think KVN lined him up for the kill shot and Goff pulled up and the last split second. I would love to know what KVN thought in that instant. Do they think "I can't kill this guy because he's the QB?" You know in the old days, a guy like LT destroys Goff. They are picking him up off the carpet with a spatula and a vacuum.
Yea to me it seemed like KVN let up a bit.

Ancient water under the bridge...

Too many fans are trying to de-legitimize our title due referees "screwing" the Chiefs or the Saints or any other team.

Too many fans are trying to de-legitimize our title due referees "screwing" the Chiefs or the Saints or any other team.
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you. I was distracted by the SIX EFF'N LOMBARDI TROPHIES!

Cat scratch 'em with that.

Sorry, but no question that should have been a penalty. You are not allowed to throw the QB to the ground like that. That being said, I was pleased with the job the refs did and would agree it was probably the best officiated game I saw all year.
Well then wtf are lineman supposed to do? You can't land on them, you can don't anything to them. Now you gotta hold him so he can throw the ball away? That's such a ********! Watch that throwdown in real time. It was bang bang. I don't have an issue with what Aaron Donald did. This is all Aaron Rodgers fault and him *****ing like a little *****. ****ing hate that guy even more.

Donald flinging TFB to the ground was RTP in any in season game. But glad the ref spoke to Donald as it prevented a recurrence or worse.
I was much more concerned about the Gronk, etc muggings. Told my wife that penalties had to be egregious to be called in the SB.
That said, no complaints about the overall officiating. I'm still shell shocked over the awful officiating in the Squealers win vs Seattle.

I'm sure Clay Matthews was yelling for a flag there.

Just par for the course. They've been doing that since 2004.

That warning stuff goes on a lot more than people realize. You just normally don’t hear it. There is a lot of verbal interaction between players and refs.

Sure glad they didn't warn Dee Ford (or maybe they already did)

If one of our defenders had done that I’d be chewing them out and so would BB

It was closer to a flag than a non flag

I thought refs did an excellent job in letting both teams play. The warning was sufficient.
I thought it was a great no call. Yes it was borderline roughing the passer, but to the referees credit, he made the judgment to not influence the game with a "gray zone" call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back