Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Once again we scheme to limit the most dominant guy to very little impact.

Nice. I’m not being contrary but I do think Sony Michel might take issue with Donald not having an input though. Aside from the first drive and the last quarter, the Rams DL clamped down hard on the running game. But the OL deserves huge credit for the way they played last night and all season and to limit the best defensive player in the NFL as they did is certainly worthy of praise.

I doubted. I’m glad I was wrong. Wish we had this line in Super Bowl 42, Brady wouldn’t have been touched.

How many pressures? Still seemed very involved in the game plan.

Great job by the coaches and players on limiting his explosiveness

How many pressures? Still seemed very involved in the game plan.

Great job by the coaches and players on limiting his explosiveness
Thought I saw Donald finish just slightly above the league Ave in pressures for a DT and something like 40% less that what he normally does per game.

The line was fantastic - again

I actually thought he was a force in the game even if it didn’t show in the stats. Helped that line give same pressure up the middle that is in the book on defending the Goat.

How the O-Line held up was the key to the game for me. In the end they did just enough, which against those beasts on the Rams D-Line is commendable.

Donald may not have had any sacks, but there was pressure all game with the pocket collapsing and limited time to throw. In other years it would have been like the Giants all over again.

Nice. I’m not being contrary but I do think Sony Michel might take issue with Donald not having an input though. Aside from the first drive and the last quarter, the Rams DL clamped down hard on the running game. But the OL deserves huge credit for the way they played last night and all season and to limit the best defensive player in the NFL as they did is certainly worthy of praise.
We ran for 154 yards and over 5 ypc outside of kneeldowns. Michel was 18/94

Yeah, if I was going to be negative, the Pats should have won this game 22-3 or at least 19-3. The Pats dominated, much more than the score would lead you to believe.

We ran for 154 yards and over 5 ypc outside of kneeldowns. Michel was 18/94

A lot of which came in the first drive and a couple of big gains in the final quarter which I specifically mentioned. But for long periods of the game, we weren’t getting much in the run game. The OL played great but so did the Rams DL for much of the game. It was a great battle.

A lot of which came in the first drive and a couple of big gains in the final quarter which I specifically mentioned. But for long periods of the game, we weren’t getting much in the run game. The OL played great but so did the Rams DL for much of the game. It was a great battle.
The first drive is part of the game. I’m not sure why you think that doesnt count. But without it, minus kneeldowns we ran 26/127.
The Ram DL got very little pressure, 1 sack and gashed by the run. I’m not sure what constitutes good play in that.

The only thing wrong with the offense was that it was awful convering makable 3rd downs and that wasn’t becauae of the DL.

The first drive is part of the game. I’m not sure why you think that doesnt count. But without it, minus kneeldowns we ran 26/127

At no point did I say it didn’t count. I just said that the Rams DL clamped down on the running game in the middle of the contest.

At no point did I say it didn’t count. I just said that the Rams DL clamped down on the running game in the middle of the contest.
But they didn’t.

If you say so. We watched different games then.
How is allowing 26 carries for 127 yards after 4/27 on the first drive “clamping down on the running game”?
The Patriots clamped down on the running game by allowing 18/62.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back