PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Dobson Highlight Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
That second play on the Jets tape (Brady throws out of bounds) he beats #27 off the line easily then gets open even further with a lovely stutter step.

He's shown he can get wide open deep, just week 2 he couldn't catch a cold never mind the ball! He could have easily had 200+ yards in the game if he held on to those drops.

Hope Dobson can make that 2nd year jump because with another year with Tom, he could break out and become a reliable receiver.

That second play on the Jets tape (Brady throws out of bounds) he beats #27 off the line easily then gets open even further with a lovely stutter step.

He's shown he can get wide open deep, just week 2 he couldn't catch a cold never mind the ball! He could have easily had 200+ yards in the game if he held on to those drops.

Cromartie and Kyle Wilson had a ton of trouble covering Dobson.
Dobson has a second notch of speed on deep routes, he picks up speed when he runs 20 yards. He is also really great at deep comebacks and slants.

my that Brady deep ball is a thing of beauty ;)

The offense main needs in my view are
1. RG ( Connolly moved to center)
2. Z WR
3. TE
4. RB
If the offense can get a guy at each position they would be in really good shape.
Side note: Cannon doesn't have the run blocking skills to be moved to G, he is best suited at T.

Dobson could beat his man on a consistent basis in many games..but brady either missed him..or there was a drop or two...encouraging signs.

Dobson could beat his man on a consistent basis in many games..but brady either missed him..or there was a drop or two...encouraging signs.

He looks like he could be something special. Dobson, Hunter and Allen have the most potential of the 2013 receiving class.

If by Allen you mean Keenan Allen, do you feel that Bill should've been drafted him
ahead of Dobson?

If by Allen you mean Keenan Allen, do you feel that Bill should've been drafted him
ahead of Dobson?

Keenan Allen was my Binky and I was yelling at the tv for BB to draft him. With that said I'm very happy with Dobson and am glad we didn't draft Allen after reading an article about him during the playoffs. He said after the first 2 weeks of the season, he was thinking of quitting because he wasn't being involved enough with the offense. We don't need a Brandon Marshall type receiver who isn't happy with victory because he was not involved enough.

Too early to tell if we should have taken allen over dobson..i think both will be pretty good in the NFL

People will be down on dobson about the drops ect..but he has some good burst off the line and good skills at shaking his man

Too early to tell if we should have taken allen over dobson..i think both will be pretty good in the NFL

People will be down on dobson about the drops ect..but he has some good burst off the line and good skills at shaking his man

He started settling down after his first 2 games.

Dobson wasn't drop happy in college. He really only had that problem during his (NFL) rookie year. Tavon Austin had the same problems for the Rams. These guys will adjust themselves.

Where are the highlights of Aaron sitting on the bench?

Dobson will be fine, in an offense conceived for the use of two tight ends with complimentary receivers all had to adapt, some were less successful than others..

If I were rank the WRs based off potential it would be
1. Hunter
2. Dobson
3. Allen
Austin is only a slot guy, Deandre Hopkins is good but he is doesn't have the speed to become elite, Terrance Williams looked like an average receiver and Patterson although explosive he couldn't get any separation.

Dobson could produce huge numbers next year. Brady needs to work on ball placement when he is throwing to Dobson and Dobson just needs to work on catching.

Several things;

• Dobson's drops were overstated. Yes, the first few games he had a bad case of the dropsies, but as the season went along, he was as reliable as anyone on the Pats' receiving squad in holding onto the ball.
  • Dobson has shown that he has the potential to be an at least an very good #1 WR. Potential doesn't mean anything unless it is met though. If he didn't break his foot, people might be talking about him potentially being one of the break out players of 2014.

Nice video.

My personal opinion of Dobson is that he had some very bad drops in college that should be easy catches. He struggled with the dropsies earlier in the season. But I don't remember seeing him dropping anything or that many balls late in the season. But He also got less targets. Plus he was injured too. I'm cautiously optimistic for him. I also hope having Boyce in an entire training camp will help him move up the depth chart. Hopefully his injury will be healed by then.

He looks like he could be something special. Dobson, Hunter and Allen have the most potential of the 2013 receiving class.

DeAndre Hopkins: Texans was no slouch either.

If I were rank the WRs based off potential it would be
1. Hunter
2. Dobson
3. Allen
Austin is only a slot guy, Deandre Hopkins is good but he is doesn't have the speed to become elite, Terrance Williams looked like an average receiver and Patterson although explosive he couldn't get any separation.

Dobson could produce huge numbers next year. Brady needs to work on ball placement when he is throwing to Dobson and Dobson just needs to work on catching.

Patterson is gonna be a beast. Love what he brings as far as an all around offensive player. Catch, run, returns. I thought Terrance Williams looked really good in the games I saw him in. One receiver that should not be overlooked in the future is Da'Rick Rogers, got some late season playing time with the Colts and looked good.

That being said, as long as Dobson works out like a beast in the offseason with a Juggs gun, and working on routes, he could be an excellent receiver. Showed a TON of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes